Actor Corey Haime dies

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Actor Corey Haime dies

Postby meeks on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:18 am

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/celebs/celebutant/article.aspx?cp-documentid=23612149

The "Lost Boys" actor, who starred in several films alongside fellow Hollywood heartthrob Corey Feldman during the duo's rise to fame in the eighties, died at 2:15 a.m. at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, according to Coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie. She said an autopsy will reveal the official cause of death.

Police have said they believe Haim's death was the result of "an apparent overdose."

Law enforcement sources reportedly told "TMZ" they suspect Haim's death was "accidental" and said the former child star collapsed in front of his mother in the bedroom of her apartment before she called 911.

The entertainment site - which broke the news of Michael Jackson's sudden death in June - reports Haim had been sick over the past few days with flu-like symptoms but that four prescription bottles recovered at the scene were not related to his illness. The sources also revealed to "TMZ" that no illicit drugs were found in the apartment.

The fallen star's mother reportedly told authorities her son had been battling a prescription drug addiction for years.

Haim had checked in and out of rehab 15 times over the years and had suffered a drug-induced stroke in 2001.

In 2004, he spoke openly in an interview with Britain's "The Sun" newspaper about his addictions and said that he smoked his first joint on the set of "The Lost Boys."

"I lived in L.A. in the eighties, which was not the best place to be. I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack," he said.

The struggling actor - whose first role was in the 1984 hit "Firstborn"- never managed to reclaim the kind of big screen success he'd enjoyed early on in his career. He appeared in the "A&E" reality TV show "The Two Coreys" with Feldman but it was cancelled in 2008 after just two seasons.

Haim's death was a hot trending topic on Twitter Wednesday morning with many fans calling him "a lost boy until the end."

"I had two Corey posters on my wall growing up, so sad," tweeted another.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Re: Actor Corey Haime dies

Postby Dr.Rob on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 am

Didnt some other child actor die during the Olympics?

He was Checkov 's son?

http://www.canada.com/news/Missing+actor+found+dead+Stanley+Park/2613466/story.html
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah, the 80s actors seem to be going fast...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:52 pm

lets take bets on whos next!

celebs die in threes.

I hope it's not Downey Jr. He just got his shit back together! lol
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Once you start doing crack it's all over.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:lets take bets on whos next!

celebs die in threes.

I hope it's not Downey Jr. He just got his shit back together! lol

I've got my fingers crossed for Limbaugh.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 pm

re: Corey Haim - can't say I'm surprised. Watched a couple of episodes of 'the 2 coreys' and he had the drug addict jitters in his body language.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Bill wrote:Once you start doing crack it's all over.

I disagree Bill, I have several friends who went south on that shit in the late 80's who have now recovered from that bout with folly.

There is no such thing as unredeemable when it comes to human beings. We are remarkable in our ability to change through force of will.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:16 pm

R.I.P. sad for such a young dude. it's not always so lucky to be young and rich. I did watch a little of the "2 Coreys" and I felt sorry for him.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:
Bill wrote:Once you start doing crack it's all over.

I disagree Bill, I have several friends who went south on that shit in the late 80's who have now recovered from that bout with folly.

There is no such thing as unredeemable when it comes to human beings. We are remarkable in our ability to change through force of will.

+1
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Let's see, of the three people who I knew were crack heads.....

Three lost all their money
Three lost their houses
Three lost their families, wife and kids
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:53 am

I think he might be another Brittany Murphy case...not too healthy to begin with b/c prescription drug use, ignores real deal flu or pneumonia, dies.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:35 am

Frankly i dont have much compassion for actors who die on drugs. cant wait for more to die as a matter of fact. muhahahahahahahaha..... Survival of the fittest.
neijia_boxer

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 am

losing your money, your possessions and your family is the end result of many a poor decision.
It doesn't mean a man cannot get his shit together and reclaim his life.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 am

neijia_boxer wrote:Frankly i dont have much compassion for actors who die on drugs. cant wait for more to die as a matter of fact. muhahahahahahahaha..... Survival of the fittest.

But who then will act out the stories you love to watch?

Haven't you had enough reality tv? I know i want to see more well written and well acted stories. :)

It's sad because many people see successful people as having their shit together when in fact that is not the case.

People who have a lot of money for instance are regarded as "smart", for some reason, there's this idea floating around that actors and musicians have some insight into society that is greater than the norm and therefore they speak on political platforms etc because of this popularity.

There are so many factors that can destroy a persons identity when they are in a position of celebrity. Many go insular and keep private to avoid just that and a lot, especially the young get caught up in all the attention and when it gets taken away or goes away of it's own accord, the identity they had with that goes to and they are left with... a sense of loss that they in turn get lost in.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic