Find the Canadian

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Find the Canadian

Postby neijia_boxer on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:10 am

A FAVORITE GAME IN FLORIDA

It's time to play 'Find the Canadian!'

This week's challenge is especially difficult. View the candid photograph and use logic to locate the clues that will let you 'Find the Canadian!' Do you have the skill? Do you have the ability? Do you know enough about your Northern Cousins?

Can You FIND THE CANADIAN?

Taking notes is permissible but try to limit

your time - no more than 5 minutes!

Good luck!

Last edited by neijia_boxer on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Re: Find the Canadian

Postby edededed on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:00 am

Actually, I find it a bit strange how so many people want to get tans. It's bad for the skin in the long run for many people, after all... and fair skin looks nice as it is.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:33 am

ummm... I think I got distracted by the girl not wearing a top. Please excuse me for a few minutes...
Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Now I'm gonna have a nap.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:35 am

Actually, this game is much like one we play in Canada called find the American: hint: its usually the one with the voice that sounds like a duck with a head cold attached to a megaphone. ;D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 pm

edededed wrote:Actually, I find it a bit strange how so many people want to get tans.

Grass is always greener on the other side... Naturally-lighter-skinned cultures are drawn to darker skin, but in the same way the generally-darker-skinned ones are drawn to lighter skin colors. Yin and yang and all that I guess. ;)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:42 pm

I think there are studies indicating that skin tones around the middle are preferred by most cultures. That is: "middle" in terms of the culture in general and its people in general. However, some societies have biases toward particular skin tones for other than aesthetic reasons. Where a particular color is associated with the group in power, that color has a social preference because it becomes a status symbol.

It's true, though, that in the US, the only people who want to be lighter are dark people and the only ones who want to be darker are light people. Otoh, some cultures prefer tan. It's always interesting to look in the pharmacy aisles at the amount of skin and hair color products. Anyway, maybe you remember the old commercial, "If you have only one life, live it as a blonde." ?

In any case, the last thing I looked at or thought about it that photo was the girl's color. The suit sort of stood out; but I didn't linger long.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:11 pm

mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic