insane shitty horrible Ides of March

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

insane shitty horrible Ides of March

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:42 am

So I started seeing this girl casually, she was a bit crazy, but then again so am I so no worries.
On Sunday I took her to my friend's house and we hung out for a bit. I left her there and while she was there she totally bonkered him.
Naturally I was horrified and not a little upset. I ended up cutting both of them loose, but my friend has mental issues and was really fucked up about it (I've known him since childhood). I ended up saying that I wouldn't cut him out to keep him from going off the deep end and ending up in the looney bin again. But I have to cut him out, it just isn't right to bonk your best friend's love interest.
The two current compounding factors is that we were playing in a band and getting ready to do a show. Looks like that aint gonna happen. And I ended up with one of the girl's books that I would like to give back, but I don't want to have to see her since I am pretty stinking angry about this whole thing.

What to do?
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Re: insane shitty horrible Ides of March

Postby GrahamB on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:01 am

"totally bonkered"? Never heard that as a euphemism for sex before. That's awesome.

What you should do is cut out lots of their heads from photos and stick them into the book but with blood dripping from them and then give the book back. That would be a great idea.
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:11 am

GrahamB wrote:What you should do is cut out lots of their heads from photos and stick them into the book but with blood dripping from them and then give the book back. That would be a great idea.

Oh god, that is genius!!!! ;D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:12 am

Planning on doing a punk cover of runaround Sue. Could work :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 am

Well, that's no good is it.
I hope you can pull yourself up and out of the funk mix.
good luck!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:03 am

so you were casually dating a crazy girl, and she went and did something casual and crazy? :L

dude as far as I'm concerned that's a blessing. at least she showed her cards straight away and you don't have to waste any more precious life hours with that goon.

and besides, that's the terrain. you can't fight or change crazy so just keep it out of your life.
Ian

Postby Muad'dib on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:22 am

Mix, you gotta start hanging out with some different people. Use China as a chance to reset your social scene. Hanging out with crazy people and self identifying as crazy yourself is damaging your life long term. Trust me on this, I hung out in the goth scene until I was 30ish. I still like my goth friends, but the majority of them, 10 years on, are still doing the same old shit and caught in the same old drama. None of them have advanced, financially, emotionally, or even most importantly creatively (which is part of why they claim to be in the scene.)

Sure, there will be times when you miss the crazy. I do. There will be times when you look at some of the people you hang out with and wonder why the fuck they are so plastic. I do. (Particularly thanks to Fong and his not-buddies in Finance, btw.) Still, overall, remember that insanity is contagious, and the majority of the world avoids crazy people for just that reason. Get out while you still can.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby grady on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:26 am

Try to look at it as her doing you a favor(!).

She let you know who she truly was before you became even further invested in a losing proposition.

Obviously the situation with your long-term friend is more complicated.
grady
Mingjing

Postby canard on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:33 am

a tough old bastard who was a british fighter pilot in WWII told me:
"two things you never lend to your best friend......your car and your girl....they both always come back fucked."
not quite exactly in the service of the Crown
canard
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:34 am

Mix, listen to Dan The Saneman (AKA Zhong_Kui :-))...
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks guys. Actually in thinking this out myself I came to most of the conclusions Dan and Ian pointed out. I'm going to use now as the time to cut out all the nuts and try to meet some sensible people. Hopefully it works out :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 am

... you mean like me?
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:08 am

Strange wrote:... you mean like me?

Of course man, goes without sayin' :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 am

;D
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 am

Remember, you can still act crazy, just don't do it in public. One of the things I realized in law school hanging out with the muggles/mundanes is that they are all as odd as my old friends in the scene. They just controlled it a lot better. Part of that was fear of being ridiculed for being different (which I don't care about), and part of it was that it's easier to have everything run smoothly if people aren't acting out all the time.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic