TapOut LOL

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

TapOut LOL

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:03 pm

So I was talking about martial arts, MMA, that sort of thing with a group of teenagers and I made a joke about how so many people wear TapOut clothes and yet have no idea of even what fighting/MMA/UFC is...not to mention the fake bad-assery that people think is transferred to them once they don the shirt (like the Whataburger warrior). Well, one of the kids mom chimes in and asks what the phrase "tap out" means. After we tell her she then says "Why would you want to wear a shirt that says you give up all of the time?". Truly awesome.
Chris Fleming

Re: TapOut LOL

Postby zenshiite on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:50 am

^Hahaha. Priceless.

I can't do anything but hate that company, simply because of the clowns that own it. Though, as I understand it, one of them died recently.
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:23 am

zenshiite wrote:^Hahaha. Priceless.

I can't do anything but hate that company, simply because of the clowns that own it. Though, as I understand it, one of them died recently.

that dude shoulda tapped... ;D
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:53 am

High five to that kid's mom.

My favourite has always been the red dragon skate board gear. So first of all they get the name from the Harris book where Hannibal Lecter first appears. In it Harris tells the story how 中 appears on a majiang tile and means "red dragon." Well... no, not really. When on a majiang tile the tile is the red dragon, the character is still just Zhong on its own. So all these kids wear this gear with "centre" on it thinking it means "red dragon." The best part is that this is ski and snowboard country around here, so the caps and toques are quite common. Everyone that I have ever seen worn is turned to a rakish angle. So there are all these bums running around with "centre" written off-centre on the corner of their head. Makes me laugh everytime.
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:50 am

This is exactly how people are tricked into performing satanic rituals.

;D
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

as i know with they idiotic stuffs and so (which are makeing a lot of money for them) they sponsor a lot of fighters.
Areios
Wuji

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:49 am

;D
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic