Murder

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Murder

Postby qiphlow on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:How's the mainstream media on this? Is it being justified? (we are in a war on terror after all, therefore, anything goes, right?) I'll guess that there would be a blurp on the news like CNN or Dateline and then you'll never hear about it again. Disgusting.

i only heard about it on KPFA, a local "free speech radio" station out here.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:39 am

Chris Fleming wrote:How's the mainstream media on this? Is it being justified? (we are in a war on terror after all, therefore, anything goes, right?) I'll guess that there would be a blurp on the news like CNN or Dateline and then you'll never hear about it again. Disgusting.

So far that's what I'm hearing on talk radio (KGO in the bay area). I hear they're talking about this all over Europe.

On one radio show the host is even saying he didn't need to watch it.

But one does need to see it to understand that these guys were clearly no threat to them.
Last edited by gzregorz on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Sprint on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:05 am

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/hea ... -wikileaks The Dylan Ratigan show discusses it on MSNBC.
Sprint
Wuji

Postby yusuf on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:41 am

I'm hoping the Icelandic government do provide a safe harbour for free speech. Wiki leaks and other sites have been putting out video and testimony of some serious atrocities and there seems to be a concerted effort to shut them down.
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 am

I work for a news aggregation and archival company and I saw a few articles mentioning this.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:23 pm

The point of this video is not to say that video games are the cause of violence--war and war atrocities have obviously been around a long time. But we sure are seeing a greater and greater trend and realism and thus programming to see such things as "normal" and "necessary". If you're at the controls of a gun ship or controlling a predator drone, doesn't seeing it like its all an X-Box game make it easy?
Chris Fleming

Previous

Return to Off the Topic