Out on the streets.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Out on the streets.

Postby Martin on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey dude - all the best! :)
Martin
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:
It's too bad it didn't work out with the folks. One's foks are hard to live with when one's a teenager, never mind a full grown adult!
My mother is behaving badly these days and it is frustrating dealing with a 73 year old woman who acts like a 6 years old spoiled brat.

At some point my mom started behaving like a kid too. I could not reason with her about various issues. But this proved to be just the beginning of Pick's Disease. She went from working as a pharmacist to having to be placed in a hospital in about 7 years.

I hope this is not your mom's case, but be careful to the signs.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:02 pm

That's most unfortunate Teo.
But with my Mom it's more misplaced pride and attachment that is impeding her happiness.
We are being very gentle with her and she is being very stubborn and often times childish and rude.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: moms. You will always be her "baby", no matter how old or grown up you think you are. Try to understand. As far as being childish and rude, that's the way you were once for her, and now it's your turn to take it. One day, it may be you. If you're lucky, there'll be people there ready to put up with it. Believe me, once she's not there, you'll wish you had. [Edit] And, you will never regret that you did.
Last edited by Steve James on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic