If you see trouble in London, just walk away

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

If you see trouble in London, just walk away

Postby MikeC on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:24 am

Good ole' peaceful UK, glad there's no crime there or nuthin b/c there's no guns... ::)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ouble.html

Just run away!!
MikeC

Re: If you see trouble in London, just walk away

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:34 am

Well, to be fair, the police here says the exact same thing, "don't do it yourself, call 911"... :-X
They're just looking out for the common folk, you see. The government (in any country) DOES care after all -- and, they know what's better for you, don't you worry!

On a more interesting note though -- London's mayor's first name is "Boris"?! What's the world coming to... ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:36 am

Imagine they had guns... There would be no one alive in London. ;)

People in London are violent, it's a fact. Give them guns and it will be living hell. Bag guys will ALWAYS be more armed than "good" guys. They are also more ruthless.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Harvey on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:37 am

a-hem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... rate#2000s

and the UK stats only get thrown off because of "the struggle" in northern ireland, and even at our peak in the 70's when we were killin al round us we were only 3 times your rate. p'shaw
Feck You You Feckin Fecker
Harvey
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:58 am

The problem is that in London it's illegal to carry knives.

That's why good guys don't have knives on them - because it's virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find knives ANYWHERE. I've tried. Couldn't find any.

But the government doesn't realize - bad guys ALWAYS have knives. In case there's any confusion, this is what bad guys look like:
AND YES, THEY WANT YOUR CHILDREN!

So basically, what the government needs to do is PUMP HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF KNIVES INTO SOCIETY so that GOOD people* can start carrying knives.

This will make society SAFER because when good guys are attacked by knives, they can stab back. Sort of like in West Side Story.

*who historically have shown zero inclination towards carrying weapons, have no training of any sort, and who haven't been carrying knives up until this point because of the absolute bleeding scarcity of the things
Last edited by Ian on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ian

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:20 am

No police force in western society would advocate taking the law into your own hands and frankly, any that do are worthless as Law Enforcement agencies.

Should we have a society filled with knee jerk reactionary vigilantes perhaps? ::)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:27 am

Dmitri wrote:Well, to be fair, the police here says the exact same thing, "don't do it yourself, call 911"... :-X

You are allowed to intervene on someone else's behalf if you are able. Even use deadly force.

They're just looking out for the common folk, you see. The government (in any country) DOES care after all -- and, they know what's better for you, don't you worry!

And they're creating a nation of metro-male cowards. Good on them!

MikeC
MikeC

Postby Ian on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:36 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Should we have a society filled with knee jerk reactionary vigilantes perhaps? ::)

Allow me.

You're a pussy and your government doesn't trust you to be responsible. You're not a real man, Mike's a real man.
Ian

Postby qiphlow on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:41 am

i now officially love this thread.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:48 am

Serious times now...

Since it's a given that sweet gun-on-gun action brings about the greatest amount of social security, where would be a good city for me to emigrate to in the next 5 years?

I've narrowed it down to Khartoum, Baghdad, Mogadishu, Port-au-Prince, Islamabad, Kabul, Kinshasa, Monrovia, Freetown and Harare.

Dmitri? Your thoughts? :)
Ian

Postby strawdog on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:58 am

I personally encourage you to go to Los Angeles, California. I'd have interesting things to show you.
Last edited by strawdog on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:39 am

If all the good guys just carried knives in London no one would ever get stabbed. :D
Last edited by CaliG on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaliG

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:49 am

Ian wrote:Since it's a given that sweet gun-on-gun action brings about the greatest amount of social security

Either I wasn't clear, or you're failing to understand my position on this subject for some other reasons, but I never said anything like that Ian.

But, by all means, do carry on with all that funny stuff.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:49 pm

Where's my mace +1 when I need it?!
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:23 pm

The link to the article didn't give an exact quote from beloved Mayor Boris Johnson about getting involved, but the articles says or implies we shouldn't help each other, which I totally disagree with. Is this HG Wells' "Time Machine" come true with the Morlocks and Eloi? Let's not get stupid and blur the line of helping others with questions about knives and guns.
Michael

Next

Return to Off the Topic