Iran

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Iran

Postby Dmitri on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Sooooo, the Fed apparently printed 4 trillion dollars in the last 3 years, to "sustain" (gotta use quotation marks!) the hit to the economy from the existing undeclared and unjustified war, and now members of the Congress are saying "if we could only nuke Iran"?!

I mean, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE FUCKING PEOPLE?!?!?! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

WHO ARE WE ELECTING INTO CONGRESS AND SENATE?!?!
For god's sake, let's elect better people, PLEASE!!

This country is SO fucking doomed.

In case you haven't listened to what is said in this video Michael posted on another thread, here it is again, please take 5 minutes and listen to this lone voice of reason and sanity in our government and think, please think who you're voting for. Do you hear ANYTHING like this from your presidential candidates?! Wouldn't you like to?

Last edited by Dmitri on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: Iran

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:41 pm

The thing is, my friend, the democrats used this whole Bush thing to get in office, saying they will change things and stop him. Rather than doing that, they did more to support Bush than the former Republican controlled house. I guess I like Obama, but never forget, all politicians are corrupt. And I mean ALL politicians are corrupt. Sorry to say, Ron Paul isn't going anywhere presidential. He just doesn't have the charisma. That is the other part of what being a politician is about: being liked like a movie star. As if appeal has anything to do with leadership skills and wisdom.

This country is SO fucking doomed.
Chris Fleming

Postby Mike Strong on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:38 pm

doomed.
Mike Strong

Postby Ian on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:38 am

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/73022/index.html

I don't understand how these people would be able to sleep at night.
Ian

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:43 am

The US Constitution clearly establishes a form of government where limited power is granted for the benefit of the governed, for the protection of liberty, private property, and inalienable and fundamental human rights. It is a document that explains how government can function with true respect for its citizens and it has taught generations of not only Americans, but people across the world, that equality and liberty are the formula for true prosperity and the realization of the potential of the human spirit!

As long as we understand that true respect for others is the foundation for prosperity of the self, and if we are willing to respectfully help each other free ourselves from a prison primarily of the mind, we will be free to enjoy unlimited prosperity.

We are under assault by a small group of people who have a short-sighted ideology of fear, hatred, and control. They have the power of the un-Constitutional laws passed since 9/11, they have federalized the police and expanded the military, they control the money, they control the educational institutions, and they totally control the media. They use these powers daily to teach us the lessons of violence and to brainwash us into thinking that we are feeble and that the violence is due to our weakness, but they lie. They plan the wars and sustain them artificially with bogus money. War is not natural nor inevitable.

What power do we have that can contest with these forces? We have the power of knowledge and the power of respect for our fellow man. We must teach those around us the truth: that it is those who have hijacked the government who are responsible for the great wars and evils of these troubled times. We must help each other realize our individual potential and free ourselves from the prison of the mind that is maintained by the weapon of television and mainstream media against us. And we can do so respectfully, with kindness, and with the power of love.

Do not accept the lessons of violence from those criminals who have hijacked our government. They are the the problem, but we are so many and so great that we need not even fight them directly. We need only teach each other the truth, the obvious truth that it is not us who are doomed, but It is violence that is doomed. It is fear that is doomed. It is hatred that is doomed. It is those who refuse to see past these things who are doomed. The human spirit is strong and unstoppable because of love. That is our power. That is the truth. Teach it!
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:22 am

Chris Fleming wrote:Sorry to say, Ron Paul isn't going anywhere presidential. He just doesn't have the charisma. That is the other part of what being a politician is about: being liked like a movie star. As if appeal has anything to do with leadership skills and wisdom.

I know that. At this point I'm not trying to get him actually elected -- I'm trying to get people to not waste their vote on one of the evils. If all RP supporters and everyone who dislikes both choices presented by the major parties (and there are A LOT of those) write him in (or whoever they would actually like to see as president) via an absentee ballot, we might have a failed election, which is what I'm sort of hoping for, since there's not much else that can be done in this short time. Maybe that will send the message that's loud enough to all the lazy and overfed sheeple, make them think for a minute. We need a WALL-E, dammit. :)
Last edited by Dmitri on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:51 am

I suspect that if we preemptively Nuke Iran, there will be a similar response from someone else; I think this would very quickly be labelled as "the new Nazi Germany", and I believe we would be subject to invasion at some point thereafter, If an allout Nuclear war didn't ensue beforehand.

We would not have the moral highground, which is what has allowed us to lead the world, and has allowed us to be so successfull in the past.

If we enter Iran, It's gonna be a big fuckin problem with people like Russia, Syria, and others (China?) and could quickly percipitate an allout 3rd world War-

And we might be labelled as the new 3rd Reich.

Could anyone else envision Bush starting some crazy shit, and then suspending the constitution in order to stay in power?

Good news is there are good people around to fight against it.
Last edited by C-Hopkins on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Royal Dragon on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:34 pm

I think we are already committed to bomb Iran. It's just not the opportune moment yet.

If McCaine gets in, it will happen on his time frame, if Obama gets in, it will happen after the election, but before the inauguration, which will be postponed indefinitely.
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:53 pm

C-Hopkins wrote:We would not have the moral highground, which is what has allowed us to lead the world, and has allowed us to be so successfull in the past.

cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:12 am

So what's going on now, the U.S. has been giving Iran aid and weapons all this time WITH all this talk about going to war with them at the same time?
Chris Fleming

Postby MikeC on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:09 pm

An article I read said that Amenajihadwhatever has told us that there's nothing to worry about and nothing to fear. Other Iranian 'officials' are saying the opposite, push us and we'll bite back...;>/

Confusing
MikeC

Postby Chanchu on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 pm

We are fracked it makes me want to weep...
WTH can't we find any good leaders anymore?- I will vote for RP if there is any way I can or not vote..

It is the saddest time in our country that I have ever seen and I am a old man. Never, did I imagine any thing like these cosmic F-ups could come to be in our great nation.
Last edited by Chanchu on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:38 am

Some people speculate that Ahmadinejad was selected to replace a moderate competitor by people who want war.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:48 am

Chanchu wrote:I will vote for RP if there is any way I can or not vote..

There is -- get an absentee voter form. It is completely legal and it is the ONLY way you can write him in, given that he's not "running" anymore and esp. considering the electronic voting machines everywhere.
Here's a related article: http://www.hockeydino.com/2008/06/how-t ... -paul.html
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:11 pm

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/former-cia ... -the-heat/

A idea of how serious this is and how we are being played by people who know the game quite well...
Truth- fiction- propaganda??

A bit of all three I think...
Chanchu
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic