Airline Security of the Future (maybe)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Airline Security of the Future (maybe)

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:05 pm

I think that the transmitter thingy has limited range and is probably directional. But that doesn't mean that innocent bystanders will not feel the pleasures of being zapped. It's better though than risking decompression in the plane though.

The terrorist bum rush and the terrorist hijacking of the thingy are definetely the weak points of this. Unless the system is not really intended for terrorists but to getting the sheeple used to having more oppresive measures in their lives. Tightening the choke-leash on the dogs.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 pm

The "global ID" bio-chip implants (which are coming I'm sure) should also have the remote "disable the bearer" ability, you know, so that cops wouldn't risk anyone's lives and all. Oh yeah baby!!!

It would really interesting to see how much of this stuff is going to actually happen in 10-15 years, and what shapes would it take.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:16 pm

I am getting nothin' implanted in me. If I wanted implants, I would have been a ho.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:19 pm

To disable it you 'could' push your hand through a plastic bag and then move the bag between your skin and the bracelet. Everyone now a days uses those clear plastic bags to keep their toiletries in while flying.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:23 pm

dragontigerpalm wrote:how likely in a rush attack by several terrorists would a crew member be able to identify and then selectively immobilize the attackers?

well from watching the video i would surmise that if they were not making minimum wage and they had the police training then the effectiveness would be 100%

::)
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:27 pm

Interesting but not so sure about it. These guys are ready to forbid plastic bags. Like it was joked here before, we may have to fly naked and chained to our seats. Besides, the plastic may reduce the voltage, but I believe that the jolt would still go through, there should be rubber or a better insulating material.

Besides, this is where I draw the line.

PS:

Let's find 10 reasons that may get you zapped:

- Help someone carry their luggage (your wife or kids maybe).
- Stand close to some middle eastern looking man. Or to some blue eyed, blond kid.

PPS:
You realize that this will kill all the New Hampshire population?
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:47 pm

Darthwing Teorist wrote:we may have to fly naked and chained to our seats.

There's a much nicer alternative -- just put people to sleep during the flight. That would also save a bunch on snacks and drinks, and would virtually not need flight attendants. The only inconvenience would be that people would have to wear diapers during the flight, but that's a small sacrifice for safety from all that lurking extremist evil. Besides, wearing diapers would be completely in line with the general mindset these guys are trying to establish in everyone.

Narcotics and diapers, I say!

Well, if that slogan held any water they'd either be dead already, or would at least cast 100% of their votes for Ron Paul in the Rep. primary. :)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Franklin wrote:
dragontigerpalm wrote:how likely in a rush attack by several terrorists would a crew member be able to identify and then selectively immobilize the attackers?

well from watching the video i would surmise that if they were not making minimum wage and they had the police training then the effectiveness would be 100%

You must have been watching a different video than I. In the video I saw there was nothing to indicate or demonstrate any effectiveness against multiple attackers. A point and 'shoot' approach is hardly foolproof when rushed upon by several attackers and certainly less effective if the attackers know that they are facing at most a non lethal deterent.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:16 pm

this video is more than 5 years old now. I don't think they've sold anyone on their product yet. lol

not to mention, would you willingly put on a device that can incapacitate you without warning and for no reason?

i wouldn't either.

probably why they're not selling any.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:37 pm

dragontigerpalm wrote:
Franklin wrote:

You must have been watching a different video than I. In the video I saw there was nothing to indicate or demonstrate any effectiveness against multiple attackers. A point and 'shoot' approach is hardly foolproof when rushed upon by several attackers and certainly less effective if the attackers know that they are facing at most a non lethal deterent.

yes but the video did show that the security officers checking for bombs making minimum wage and without police training could not be 100% effective... so by that logic if they made more and they had the training...

;D

its a slight jump with the logic i know...
Last edited by Franklin on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Dmitri wrote:The "global ID" bio-chip implants (which are coming I'm sure) should also have the remote "disable the bearer" ability, you know, so that cops wouldn't risk anyone's lives and all. Oh yeah baby!!

shouldn't be too long.

first animals, then criminals, then ordinary people wanting more convenience will get it and they try to make things ultra-inconvenient for those who don't have it....

basically we all need to head for the hills and start growing our own food.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 am

They are making flying so damned inconvenient.
Last edited by Michael on Sun May 20, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby juz on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:29 am

Hasn't anyone thought of potential "schooling" applications of these devices...?
They might not work harder but kids sure would keep quiet in class...

Just a thought...

Scenario 1 - Student Git massively disrupts lesson, teacher's stress levels rocket, other students' education suffers..

Scenario 2 - Student Git disrupts lesson twice- warned first time- zapped like a bitch second
no further trouble...

mmmmm.....
What I really need right now is a montage....
juz
Anjing

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 am

Michael wrote:And putting airline passengers to sleep "automatically" (read: forcibly) was depicted in the 1997 film The Fifth Element

BTW have you guys seen WALL-E yet? Go watch it, it's a great flick. It's talking about some of these very issues -- plus a nice love story. :)
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby MikeC on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:59 am

Darthwing Teorist wrote:Interesting but not so sure about it. These guys are ready to forbid plastic bags. Like it was joked here before, we may have to fly naked and chained to our seats. Besides, the plastic may reduce the voltage, but I believe that the jolt would still go through, there should be rubber or a better insulating material.

Besides, this is where I draw the line.

PS:

Let's find 10 reasons that may get you zapped:

- Help someone carry their luggage (your wife or kids maybe).
- Stand close to some middle eastern looking man. Or to some blue eyed, blond kid.

PPS:

Should read : Live Free or Die Tryin...

MikeC

my little bro lives in NH..
MikeC

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic