What styles of taijiquan have you studied?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: What styles of taijiquan have you studied?

Postby nospam on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:58 am

I don't even know what bak hsing fut gar is. I study kendo. I'm not spouting the you have to inject steroids directly into your cock or it's not a martial art philosophy.

1. I'm saying fraud in the martial arts is bad for everybody.
2. Generally excepted faulty logic creates an environment where fraud can prosper.
nospam
Santi

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:51 am

ah. same moniker, different guy.
well that was mildly confusing.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:09 am

I'm not sure why it interests or surprises people, that there is BS in martial arts. There is BS in all sorts of endeavors, and the matter of whether you get fooled generally works out on the basis of whether you have common sense or not. If you take it upon yourself to be a crusader against human idiocy, you have embarked on a long crusade.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:00 am

klonk wrote:I'm not sure why it interests or surprises people, that there is BS in martial arts. There is BS in all sorts of endeavors, and the matter of whether you get fooled generally works out on the basis of whether you have common sense or not. If you take it upon yourself to be a crusader against human idiocy, you have embarked on a long crusade.

long? try endless.

Just remember, the only reason a sign exists to warn of the obvious is because some dumbass was too idiotic to realize it. Like warning people that coffee is hot, or not to open the airplane doors while in flight, or not to drink Drano.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:54 am

universities were created to weed out a lot of the dross of intellect amongst humans. lol

engineering stamps take care of a lot of the rest and a Phd gives more weight to words than not.

:)
Last edited by Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:12 am

You might be surprised by the ineptitude of some phd holders lol ;D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:27 am

not at all. but in context to subject matter, it is of some import.

i don't expect a physicist to be deeply knowledgable in subjects that are outsid ethe scope of his Phd, but in matters of physics, I would ask there first. :)
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That