RAT

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: RAT

Postby klonk on Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 pm

On the old school = cheap/frugal thing: Maybe the reason is our parents were kids in the Great Depression and had to be thrifty to get by, and they taught us that way of doing things.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Here are some slogans from the Chinese campaign against the Four Olds. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Olds#Popular_slogans I have highlighted one.

"breaking down the four olds, setting up the four news (old versions of other four concepts)"
"beating down the bad elements"
"beating down imperialism"
"beating down foreign religion"
"beating down Jesus following"
"beating down the counter revolutionists"

I think it is just real interesting that whenever a totalitarian movement comes along, they have a problem with people being Christians. Every damned time! We've been facing this since the Roman Empire. The Romans didn't like us much either.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Tue May 29, 2012 2:21 am

yup,
Christians for lions..:)
hovewer
livin` in ultra-hiper-ortodox country I became sometimes so sad, that they wasn`t as much hungry ...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Mello on Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 am

Whenever a totalitarian movement comes along, they have a problem with people buying into anything other than said movement. Also, you might have missed that sometime people have used christianity as a totalitarian movement with which to beat other people down with.
Mello
Huajing

Postby Dmitri on Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 am

Why do neutral threads regress into the subjects of religion and/or politics? Where's the damn entropy?! >:(
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 am

Mello wrote:Whenever a totalitarian movement comes along, they have a problem with people buying into anything other than said movement. Also, you might have missed that sometime people have used christianity as a totalitarian movement with which to beat other people down with.

A main target of the powers that be, during Christianity's totalitarian aberration, was always dissident Christians who wanted to put things back on message. You might say that totalitarian Christians are opposed to Christianity too...
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Mello on Tue May 29, 2012 12:10 pm

I don't know if this needs to be religious issue at all. Totalitarians crush anything that they perceive to be a threat and people who feel they are in a position to fight back do so.
Last edited by Mello on Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mello
Huajing

Postby klonk on Tue May 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Dmitri wrote:Why do neutral threads regress into the subjects of religion and/or politics? Where's the damn entropy?! >:(

It is said that a gentleman never discusses sex, politics or religion. That is why gentlemen are boring. These are the topics that interest people most. -shrug-
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Mello on Tue May 29, 2012 2:35 pm

The rule is better said as "don't talk about things that makes people uncomfortable. They'll blame you for the discomfort and then say you're evil."
Mello
Huajing

Postby Frank Bellemare on Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Meanwhile in Quebec, a banana was arrested for protesting the provincial university tuition fees 82% hike.

And now back to your regular programming.
Frank Bellemare
Anjing

Postby Dmitri on Wed May 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Technically speaking, shouldn't masturbation be considered a homosexual activity? Not that there's anything wrong with that? ;D

(Hey, I'm just trying to stick to the topic here...)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Mello on Wed May 30, 2012 3:37 pm

No, I have girlhands.
Mello
Huajing

Postby Chanchu on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:37 am

Watched the 1969 movie "The Reivers" Damn good...
Not PC BS..

A great story and cast- film with a soul.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby David Boxen on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 am

Am I the only one around here who doesn't find anything sexy about women in military uniforms/handling machine guns/fighting in the UFC? :'(
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby Mello on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:26 am

No not the only one...
Mello
Huajing

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That