Critique of Push Hands in the West.

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Critique of Push Hands in the West.

Postby bruce on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:42 am

Ba-men wrote:
Does anyone have any videos of some violent push hands? Maybe since I haven't trained taichi in a while i am more militant and would like to see the more realistic version of push hands. :)

My youtube fu kinda sucks these days.

Peace
Tim

Without sounding like a quack....I think this is practical tui shou and draw from this type of stuff heavily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lao69rFaW9w[/quote]ya know what? i think that is awesome! one of my teachers played as a linebacker for the atlanta falcons for about 6 years. he is a large, powerful and well trained athlete. a few times when we did push hands practice he charged me i guess like a lineman would (he said he thought it would help me since very few people i come in contact with are that big and strong) i learned a lot about getting out of the way! it is a bit scary having a linebacker try to plow you down.

he told me that he does not think he would have made it that many years in the nfl without his ma training ...
bruce
Great Old One

Re: Critique of Push Hands in the West.

Postby Waterway on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:41 am

Wow wonder where this thread went!

Apologies for repeating a topic. I had a search for similar topics, but could find any. That said, I wouldn't describe my search as thorough! I'll know for next time!
Waterway
Anjing

Previous

Return to Been There Done That