Interweb Challenges!

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Interweb Challenges!

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:14 pm

I'll get practicing at the local all you can eat sushi places this week... LOL
What, if you never make it to Vancouver, no worries, I'll take any excuse to go for sushi. I'll tell my friends I'm practicing for a sushi competition.

Yeah I'll just pretend I missed the other parts of that post and call it good ;).

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Franklin on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm

theres another one that no one has mentioned

did it ever get to court?

curious what the outcome will be.............

franklin
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 pm

BaguaKicksAss wrote:
mixjourneyman wrote:I can't remember if I've ever had any online challenges. Have I ever challenged any of you? Filepie? Graham? Dmitri?

But I throw down an online challenge to anyone of you right now: I challenge you to come eat sushi with me. Heck, I'll even buy you a beer or some sake or whatever. Are you man enough*? ARE YOU SCARE?

*or woman. Wouldn't mind having a bite with BKA, Gretel, Snow, Interloper or any of the other lovely ladies of this board

Sure, next time you are in Vancouver send me a message ;). Hey it's too cold in... I think it said Montreal? I challenge you to who can down the most sushi at the all you can eat place! Yeah that's right, you better be scared!

BKA

yea, them east coast sushi places are serving 'diet sushi' - I don't think they can handle the west coast sushi, where we bring new meaning to 'cuz that's the way we roll'...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby lianhuan on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 am

I've never had any internet challenges, but when I was studying Baguazhang with Yang Guo Tai one of his students kept trying to show me really stupid stuff. I finally told him to just go away because I only wanted to learn what the Shrfu was teaching. Then I said I didn't think his stuff would really work anyway (silly me I guess.) Then he challenged me to a fight to prove that his stuff would work. Then I said ok, lets fight. Then he started crying and ran away to tell the Shrfu that I was causing trouble. Yeah sure, I was pissed after that. To this day he keeps trying to cause trouble between me and anyone who will listen to him. I feel sorry for the RSF members (and other innocent people) that don't know the real background on this.

I saw this same guy challenge a 13 year old girl at Xu Gong Wei's class too, and the funny thing is she kicked his ass in about 3 seconds flat. Apparently that's news to him too... how could it not be?

Now this guy is saying amongst other things that I've only started to teach Baguazhang this year because my Shrfu went back to China. Insinuating that I wouldn't be teaching otherwise. That I'm doing it behind his back. Well... here is a post (along with a link to it) from my first student, Tim Chan, who posted this on 'sherdog.net' in 2004. Yes, I was teaching Baguazhang way back then. And I was teaching it because Yang Guo Tai insisted that I did. And yes, I am still teaching it now. But this is something he apparently didn't know about either.

10-18-2004, 03:09 AM
Tim Chan
Amateur Fighter

Blue Eagle
Kuenway martial arts supples, 49th/victoria. Vancouver, BC
Bagua, Zha quan, Sanda/San Shou
John Spak
Wednesdays 5:30-6:30, Sundays: 11am-1pm. $60/month
no website available yet
[email protected]

Madness is coming to wash your blood

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/schoo ... ndex3.html

This is just proof, clear and simple, that demonstrates how blatantly ludicrous he has become. Worst of all, it demonstrates just how comfortable he is with playing on other people's innocent good will towards him in order to get his dirty work done. But who cares right? This is the internet and proof takes a back seat to ruining another person's reputation if it's entertaining enough. Or if it comes from someone who is supposed to be an administrator.

Anyway, I really don't want to waste too much more time responding to his nonsense, and I put away my sword on this matter ages ago. There are just too many positive ways to use the internet that I choose to invest my time on instead. But hey, sometimes you have to tell yappy little dogs to just shut the fuck up... to grow up would be way too much to expect from the person l'm speaking about. Beyond that well, he can say what he likes. Some of you will soak it up like a sponge. Some of you will have more sense than that too - I know. And maybe, just maybe, if I'm lucky someday he can show me just how much an... er... cough cough.... a "black belt" like him really knows about Baguazhang.

Well enough of that. I'm off to have some tasty pizza and beer and good conversation with friends.

Happy New Year to all!
lianhuan
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 am

S- kicks back cracks beer
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:19 am

I'm going to start pasting quotes from my Facebook friend the Dalai Lama here soon.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:23 am

it's going BTDT any minute now anyways....

" It is my firm conviction that human nature is essentially compassionate and gentle. That is the predominant feature of human nature. Anger, violence, and aggression may arise, but on a secondary or more superficial level; in a sense, they arise when we are frustrated in our efforts to achieve love and affection. They are not part of our most basic, underlying nature."
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:24 am

"My basic belief is that first you need to realize the usefulness of compassion, that's the key factor. Once you accept the fact that compassion is not something childish or sentimental, once you realize that compassion is something really worthwhile and realize its deeper value, then you immediately develop an attraction towards it, a willingness to cultivate it."
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:25 am

"People often expect the other person to respond first in a positive way, instead of taking the initiative to create that possibility. I feel that's wrong; it can act as a barrier that just promotes a feeling of isolation from others. To overcome feelings of isolation and loneliness, your underlying attitude makes a tre...mendous difference - approaching others with the thought of compassion in your mind is the best way."
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:26 am

"Even our physical structure seems more suited to feelings of love and compassion. We can see how a calm, affectionate, wholesome state of mind benefits our health and physical well-being. Conversely, feelings of frustration, fear, agitation, and anger can be destructive to our health. This is why we are impelled to seek happiness."
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:27 am

" Hatred, jealousy and excessive attachment cause suffering and agitation. I feel compassion can help us overcome these disturbances and let us return to a calm state of mind. Compassion is not just being kind to your friend. That involves attachment because it is based on expectation. Compassion is when you do something... good without any expectations – based on realizing that “the other person is also just like me”.
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:28 am

"Too much of a self-centered attitude creates mistrust and suspicion in others, which can in turn lead to fear. But if you have more of an open mind, and you cultivate a sense of concern for others' well-being, then, no matter what others' attitudes are, you can keep your inner peace."
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby StanTheMan on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

I've never had any internet challenges, but when I was studying Baguazhang with Yang Guo Tai one of his students kept trying to show me really stupid stuff. I finally told him to just go away because I only wanted to learn what the Shrfu was teaching. Then I said I didn't think his stuff would really work anyway (silly me I guess.) Then he challenged me to a fight to prove that his stuff would work. Then I said ok, lets fight. Then he started crying and ran away to tell the Shrfu that I was causing trouble. Yeah sure, I was pissed after that. To this day he keeps trying to cause trouble between me and anyone who will listen to him. I feel sorry for the RSF members (and other innocent people) that don't know the real background on this.

I saw this same guy challenge a 13 year old girl at Xu Gong Wei's class too, and the funny thing is she kicked his ass in about 3 seconds flat. Apparently that's news to him too... how could it not be?

uuhhhh... I guess Lianhuan is trying to say he made meeks cry and that a little girl kicked his ass? meeks... I sure don't envy you for knowing this guy - what a douche. but I guess his videos that everyone (myself included) thought he was a complete newb speak volumes about his skill. Lianhuan.. I don't know what to say man, other than I'm glad you don't live in USA. I've been reading your posts and you seemed to have a head on your shoulder (at first glance) - although you're quick to dismiss everyone's helpful advice. But from what I've read in the posts meeks was trying to be helpful/friendly to you and you told him to essentially fuck himself and smacked his hand away. Then you started attacking your old classmates and who were ALSO trying to share some helpful advice and you whipped out the name calling and 'go fuck yourselves' without even knowing who which classmate you were talking to. That there says it all for me about what happened, regardless of the fact it seems your classmates all have pretty much the same story about what events have occurred.

But this shit about meeks picking a fight with you? Meeks seems to roll pretty smooth when shit hits the fan and all I've experienced from your posts is 'fuck you I'm right and you're wrong' mixed with patronizing compliments and 'cheers!'.

And making shit up about kids....your just trolling on meeks now. I thought you were better than that. Look at that - you've proven me wrong.

And maybe, just maybe, if I'm lucky someday he can show me just how much an... er... cough cough.... a "black belt" like him really knows about Baguazhang.

whoops there it is - our first real interweb challenge on the interweb thread...
Last edited by StanTheMan on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
StanTheMan
Anjing

Postby cloudz on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:34 am

challenge match!! ;D

BKA,
please.. no more...can't take much more...i feel weak...herbal tea....nooooo...fdjnjevkn
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby williamwilson666 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:04 am

Back when I was 13 a girl my age kicked my ass.

Then again, bearing in mind what I asked her to do, I can't say I blamed her.
Last edited by williamwilson666 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
williamwilson666
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That