ma yueh liang, li kong jing?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: ma yueh liang, li kong jing?

Postby H2O_Dragon on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:44 pm

no empty force there, just good basic push hands done at an extremely high level, IMO.
H2O_Dragon

Postby TaoJoannes on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Looks like exploitation of dead angles, momentum, and anatomical constraints, to me.

Of course, that can feel like "empty" force. But it's just a matter of physics.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby velalavela on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:31 am

hopgarsansau wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQv6fLpIoI&feature=related

my friend experienced this for himself. to me, it looks like the person reacts differently in this vid than other li kong jing videos. personally i am still skeptical of it, but have accounts from people i trust about it. any thoughts?

I can't figure this post out.

I'm not sure why Hopgarsansau thinks this is Li Kong Jing? There is plenty of contact through the whole pushhands`session.

To me it is great 'push hands'. Ma Yueh Liang' was considered one of the 100 top martial artist from the 20th Century in China. You can see why in this video.

He's 90 years old here but he can do what he wants with the 30 something year old Dr Yang.

Not sure why it ended up in 'been there done that' either?

Cheers
velalavela
Anjing

Postby Bär on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:18 am

Not sure why it ended up in 'been there done that' either?

All empty force discussions are inherently been there, done that. The BDTD forum isn't only for threads that get out of hand, but also just a place to put threads that just don't have much of a point and have been discussed hundreds of times in whatever iteration of EF.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:15 pm

not to mention, empty force is just a bunch of shit used to prop up more shit on the huge steaming pile of shitty shit shit passed off as martial arts.

shitty shit shit is so btdt anyway. ;D
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 pm

esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby velalavela on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:29 pm

The idea of pushing/hitting with out touching an oponent is not something I buy into.

The thing about this thread that suprised me is why people were not more interested in the actual 'push hands' on display.

Although the vid has been up on Youtube for quite a while so perhaps it'd been seen by most and was BTDT already.
velalavela
Anjing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:39 am

qiphlow wrote:speaking of shit...

dude, that is old news. just a big hit in america now? we've been decorating our dogshit in toronto for some time now.

thanks to the sprinkle brigade!

http://sprinklebrigade.com/gallery-main.html
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:00 am

And this is at least the third Ma Yueh Liang li kong jin thread I can remember in the past year. But having the push hands "victim" LOL available for comment does help shed light on the video. I hope Mr. Yan will tell us more.
Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 pm

Or post some pics of decorated poo.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Nick C on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 pm

As a student of Dr Yans, I have had many discussions with him over pushing hands with Master Ma. He has emphasised on many occasions that Master Ma himself stated that there is no "magic" to push hands / tai chi. He did not believe in li kong jing. That does not mean he didnt beleive in Chi, or using this internally to generate force, healing etc, but that it can not be used to push people without touching etc.

Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to push hands with Master Ma. It was known however that Master Ma did at almost every demonstration invite members of the public to push hands as well. He was an amazing practitioner of Tai Chi, and although he is no longer with us, I feel privilaged to be learning from one of his Disciples.
Nick C
Anjing

Postby BonesCom on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:10 pm

So here's a question: Has anybody out there been asked to take part in a demonstration of their teachers push hands and been asked to over-emphasise their reactions (ie jumping round etc...)?

A good friend of mine has
BonesCom
Huajing

Postby Dmitri on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:30 am

Never. Can't even imagine... :-/ :-X
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:43 am

BonesCom wrote:So here's a question: Has anybody out there been asked to take part in a demonstration of their teachers push hands and been asked to over-emphasise their reactions (ie jumping round etc...)?

A good friend of mine has

Sort of. Well let's put it this way, it was made clear who the teacher was happier with - the guys who flew around or the guys who actually "pushed hands" with him. Got so there would be only certain people pulled out for demos after a while, whether at exhibitions or in class. There's only so much you can watch of that before it starts getting boring....
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:06 am

a demo is a show for the public. the public wants to be entertained.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That