The difference between xing yi and Xin Yi Liu He Quan?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The difference between xing yi and Xin Yi Liu He Quan?

Postby lazyboxer on Mon May 16, 2011 5:10 pm

hamid wrote:
somatai wrote:one can always look to see the liu he

The three levels of xin yi
1) The visible power
2) The hidden power.
3) Transform, combine the two.

You can feel without seeing.

It's hidden from ordinary sight. Not the same as invisible, which would place it in the same category as true lin kong jin..

When your internal movement is so small its only in the shen, only then you can call it truly hidden, since it doesn't yet exist.

(Yes Josephine, I know it's a paradox...)
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby Brady on Mon May 16, 2011 6:35 pm

LOL I-mon I hear you the same basic mechanic is most likely at play in terms of spinal wave mechanics. For me, for reasons I have not intellectualized, the twist and requirements in the XYLH posture make it feel very different, to the point that I had hardly even considered them in the same class of movement. I'm probably also biased by seeing so many people do squat jumps "wrong" that the comparison immediately throws up "NO WAY ARE THEY SIMILAR" screams on my end. My bad.
Brady
Wuji

Postby hamid on Tue May 17, 2011 3:26 am

I use and I feel the six harmonies in my videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-eZMoPl4dQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1M1az7 ... re=related

It may well dantien power through a movement not visible to the casual eye.

There are three stages in xin yi
The first is the level where respiration supports the outer shape.
The second is the level where the respiration (breath) supports the form inside.
The third step is the non - Where to form Shin hai mutual interaction are inside.

Respiration that supports the outer shape is called Renseikaki (transmutation of force energy).
The breathing souteint form internally called Renkikashin.
The mutual interaction center apelle Renshinkankyo (training for a return to the original void).
Renshinkankyo is not - form. By an existential attitude delicate impression of lightness.
The being is "not being " and allows a return to the original void.
Museimushu (not voice, not smell) is called Jisoku (embryonic respiration).
Last edited by hamid on Tue May 17, 2011 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
hamid
Anjing

Postby Strange on Tue May 17, 2011 3:54 am

par chiew cheng si
(hokkien/fujian dialect for suicide by masturbation) :D
Last edited by Strange on Tue May 17, 2011 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Tue May 17, 2011 8:39 am

I guess its so high level we cannot see it? Bueller? Bueller?
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue May 17, 2011 1:35 pm

hamid wrote:I use and I feel the six harmonies in my videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-eZMoPl4dQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1M1az7 ... re=related

It may well dantien power through a movement not visible to the casual eye.

There are three stages in xin yi
The first is the level where respiration supports the outer shape.
The second is the level where the respiration (breath) supports the form inside.
The third step is the non - Where to form Shin hai mutual interaction are inside.

Respiration that supports the outer shape is called Renseikaki (transmutation of force energy).
The breathing souteint form internally called Renkikashin.
The mutual interaction center apelle Renshinkankyo (training for a return to the original void).
Renshinkankyo is not - form. By an existential attitude delicate impression of lightness.
The being is "not being " and allows a return to the original void.
Museimushu (not voice, not smell) is called Jisoku (embryonic respiration).

why are you describing this in japanese?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby hamid on Tue May 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Translation of an interview with master Lu Rui Fang (1908-1999) by a Japanese magazine.
my master of xin yi gave me a special Japanese magazine Henan Xin Yi Liu He Quan.
hamid
Anjing

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Tue May 17, 2011 1:59 pm

hamid wrote:Translation of an interview with master Lu Rui Fang (1908-1999) by a Japanese magazine.
my master of xin yi gave me a special Japanese magazine Henan Xin Yi Liu He Quan.

I guess you are talking about the now retired, U Shu magazine.

JB.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Tue May 17, 2011 2:23 pm

hamid wrote:The difference between xing yi and Xin Yi Liu He Quan?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuCeeeYN ... r_embedded

http://hamid160.skyrock.com/

I am not sure as to why you selected that title for this forum post, but I guess it is due to you practising some, Xing Yi Quan and then slapping some XYLHQ on the end of it?

I am worried about the way you hold your fist and also the way you "try" and release force. If your hand is not properly formed it is going to shatter on impact as the fingers will fold unnaturally under the pressure. Also your "fa jin" is almost non existent and lacks any power, velocity of crispness.

I have been on the sidelines for a while now and see the numerous posting and also the lack of acceptance of criticism or basically using the language barrier to ignore people, which is just plainly rude and arrogant.

If you put up video's, expect criticism and maybe even listen to the people here, who come from a myriad of backgrounds and experience.

I know enough about XYLHQ/Xing Yi Quan to know whether someone is performing it correctly or not and I will say this.

1. Your structure has fundamental flaws with it, the postures are weak, ineffective and are not properly formed and generally sloppy.

2. Power delivery is floppy, there is no crispness to the movement at all or trademark velocity.

3. You are going through the motions like someone washing dishes, where is the intent? I look at your eyes and see numb repetition.

I am all about sharing the arts, don't get me wrong this is not a personal insult directed at you and has got nothing to do with your character at all, I am just talking about your expression of the arts you are performing and unfortunately teaching.

Your are not beyond help, there are still good teachers out there if you are willing and receptive enough to work on your faults.

I have met, Lu Ru Fang's daughter at the Islamic school in Zhenzhou and they performed, competitive, Wu Shu and XYLHQ for me and I performed, Luoyang XYLHQ for them. They are very nice people, but their XYLHQ is not top level IMHO.

During the performance one of their demonstrators damaged his foot from stomping too hard on the concrete floor, which to me is a tell tale sign of not understanding how to bounce off the "jin" from the floor properly. A well trained noob should even know how to do this correctly.

JB
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 pm

hamid wrote:Translation of an interview with master Lu Rui Fang (1908-1999) by a Japanese magazine.

so... you're translating from chinese to japanese to french (since you think in french) to english?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby cdobe on Tue May 17, 2011 2:50 pm

nianfong wrote:

so... you're translating from chinese to japanese to french (since you think in french) to english?

I did the reverse with the google translator, so that we can appreciate the original meaning he wanted to convey:
Here it is in English:
There are three stages of the new Yoshi.
For the first breath of the external forms of support level.
The second respiration (breathing) in the degree of support on the application form.
The third stage is not - can be found in the interactive new.

External respiratory support (energy force transmutation) Renseikaki is called.
Renkikashin souteint respiratory form of internal calls.
Interaction Center apelle Renshinkankyo (Form no home.)
Renshinkankyo not - form. Sense of presence in the brightness of the attitude is good.
Happiness is "being", rather than what the original you can go back.
Museimushu is (no sound, smell) is called Jisoku (embryonic breathing.)

Museimushu - "no sound [but] smell" - is probably the key to the effectiveness. He is correct, you can't see this in a video...
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby WongYing on Tue May 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Finally ..someone who has systematically, with clear logic and understanding..clarified what we all think with regards to Hamid's martial art.

I wil say this to you Hamid, your sincerity and self beflief are admirable, I sincerely wish you take good note of Dai Zhi Qiangs posting
WongYing
Huajing

Postby nianfong on Tue May 17, 2011 3:59 pm

+1
nianfong
Administrator

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Tue May 17, 2011 4:05 pm

I know Hamid brought this upon himself by posting the videos and opening the threads... But please consider a few things:
1. He's a teacher after all, so maybe it could've been more polite to discuss his flaws with him over personal messages.
2. A few people attacked him head-on (Xing Yi, anyone? ;D ), in a way that'd make many over-resistant to criticism instead of tending to accept it.

Yes, he ignored. Yes, he has his faults. But I think people have been a little too harsh on him.

BTW - there are some forum members over here who speak and write in Spanish/Portogese/whatever language he speaks and writes here... Aren't there? Couldn't any of them just deliver the message once and for all (and do it privately)?
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby yusuf on Tue May 17, 2011 4:49 pm

WongYing wrote:Finally ..someone who has systematically, with clear logic and understanding..clarified what we all think with regards to Hamid's martial art.

I wil say this to you Hamid, your sincerity and self beflief are admirable, I sincerely wish you take good note of Dai Zhi Qiangs posting

well said.. Hamid, with a little acceptance of 'what if this may not be right' your obvious devotion to the art will produce outstanding results... good luck :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That