Gene Ching Kung Fu Forum Banning Internal Talk

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Gene Ching Kung Fu Forum Banning Internal Talk

Postby Ba-men on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:47 pm

I once was a long time contributor on Kung Fu Forum ...

Let u know how far back I go. I remember the days of "Ralek the god of trolls!" Trust me.... the dude wrote the book on being an internet troll. This dude would flame so hard that everyone and I mean "everyone" hated on him.... Whew..... those were good times...

I'm with "Big J dady" Wang on this one. There are way to many trolls over there. And.... I'm not talking your basic run of the mill type either. There's an established troll hierarchy. They are now parasites to Kung fu online.

How many guys over there have handles that don't have anything to do with TCMA? (way too many) IMO I think its a good indication that if a guy has a handle like "Mr choke U out" or "Captain Ground-n-Pound" he probably isn't into Kung fu. I love the old school Bullshido trolls over there too that took on Jujitsu terminology as there handles... stuff like Mr ShimeWaza etc... All those dudes have huge huge huge amounts of posts with very little TCMA content. "Knife Fighter" was/is a great example of what I'm talking about. (how did he get banned? when I last was there he had been running amok for years....) Those guys ( I call them the cult of Joe Rogen...lol ) have nothing positive to contribute on TCMA yet for some reason are allowed to thrive on Kung fu online... WTF?

I once on line discussed with Gene Ching "shouldn't a " web site" sponsored by a TCMA magazine tone down all the "MMA is the ultimate, TCMA are a joke threads???? The conversation ended with him calling me a xiaochou (that's fool in English...Nice professionalism Gene....Not!) I was done, never was back and from what I hear...the "Cult of Joe Rogan" still sweep across the land of Kung fu Online. IMO its a haven for disgruntled Quan fa practitioners wanting to be MMA'er because somehow they got it in there heads the MMA'rs are the cool crowd.
Last edited by Ba-men on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ba-men
Wuji

Postby cerebus on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Heh, heh. I remember Ralek. And Backbreaker, and Knifefighter. And Blooming Lotus (LOL! Now THERE was a troll for ya!)...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:31 pm

When somone said, "If you think that your TCMA work, just go to a local MMA gym. After a beginner BJJ guy kicks your ass, you then know that your TCMA sucks". There is really nothing more for you to say after that.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm

cerebus wrote:Heh, heh. I remember Ralek. And Backbreaker, and Knifefighter. And Blooming Lotus (LOL! Now THERE was a troll for ya!)...

Blooming Lotus was t3h awesome

Oh for the Z days again...
Finny
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:49 am

wow. well, I could ban him, but let's see if he quiets down after this dumb thread.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Dale Dugas on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:53 pm

no need to ban the girls who cannot seem to understand that being a troll means being an a s s hat.

The hell with them all.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 am

It's kinda come full circle. MMA trolls in this day and age ought not to be able to find a job. MMA has proven itself as an effective fighting approach without question by now. In fact, they've accomplished this so effectively that they've moved on and left most of TMA behind to the point where it's hard to find an MMA fighter who even pays any attention to what's going on in the TMA world or even cares whether or not TMA methods are effective. Anyone still trolling for MMA on TMA boards has pretty much just outed himself as an MMA poseur at this stage. The real ones don't care and no longer need to prove that their methods can hold their own against all comers.
Chris McKinley

Postby Bwil on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 am

Nicely said Chris.

B
Bwil
Huajing

Postby Ba-men on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:It's kinda come full circle. MMA trolls in this day and age ought not to be able to find a job. MMA has proven itself as an effective fighting approach without question by now. In fact, they've accomplished this so effectively that they've moved on and left most of TMA behind to the point where it's hard to find an MMA fighter who even pays any attention to what's going on in the TMA world or even cares whether or not TMA methods are effective. Anyone still trolling for MMA on TMA boards has pretty much just outed himself as an MMA poseur at this stage. The real ones don't care and no longer need to prove that their methods can hold their own against all comers.

That was obvious way back then.... That was the BS thing that made me laugh about it. Hell... all one had to do was look at their post count to see that the only training they did was on the keyboard. And their still there posing! lol. Same goes for here or anywhere... If your training everyday (as most MMA'ERs ARE or people seriously dedicated to their art ) or running a school... who has the time to put up that many posts? Hell, I don't do mma nor run a school (anymore) and I don't have time. (Only some parts of the year I have down time to play on the computer as I'd expect most do... but given the choice between spewing crap on the computer or training... I'll train (as I think most who are serious do....)
Ba-men
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:It's kinda come full circle. MMA trolls in this day and age ought not to be able to find a job. MMA has proven itself as an effective fighting approach without question by now. In fact, they've accomplished this so effectively that they've moved on and left most of TMA behind to the point where it's hard to find an MMA fighter who even pays any attention to what's going on in the TMA world or even cares whether or not TMA methods are effective. Anyone still trolling for MMA on TMA boards has pretty much just outed himself as an MMA poseur at this stage. The real ones don't care and no longer need to prove that their methods can hold their own against all comers.

I have tried very hard to protect the honor of the TCMA in that forum against those MMA guys. In the middle of the argument, someone just jumped in and mentioned Qi this and Qi that. That just gave those MMA guys more reason to argue against our TCMA. I suddently asked myself, "Is this the TCMA that I'm trying to protect?"
Last edited by johnwang on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby chud on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:07 pm

chud
Great Old One

Postby SPJ on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:26 am

there are a lot of humors from old timers

1. a newbie posted a question about throws for a specific member. it is better via PM. agreed. but the newbie complaining about the decision to lock the thread from the mod---

2. an old timer posted the same way to challenge the mod over the weekend. it is not supposed to be answered. what are chinese names for the throws--

3. an old timer posted the same way 2nd time to challenge the mod again. it is not supposed to be answered. it is a humorous act. I took the bait and answered partly.

4. a mod posted a perfect throw from the ring and asked what is the chinese name for the throw. it is a counter humour. if you may pull a perfect throw in the ring. you do not need to know the name or chinese name about the throw. meaning go back to training or fight in a ring or pull your throw in the ring. stop asking the chinese name for a throw/ or do not try the 3rd time--

I took the bait and answered partly.

the point is that there are posts that do not needed to responded.

I enjoyed the laissez faire or mod free for so long.

but recently there were so many saboteurs storming the board so the hammer fell

---
SPJ
Wuji

Postby Methods on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:29 am

I left there years ago, I couldn't keep up with the know it all's, haters and bullies. Really, the conversation would start out so simple then turn to shit and no one would do anything about it. They would attack me for my insight on Taoism, Internal Martial arts and meditation non stop. Just to find out most if not at all had zero experience and almost everything they would throw at me was direct quotes from crappy books that were written in the early 80's. But how can I argue a point against something with the majority believe in the same misinterpretation of the truths and lame fake Kungfu theories.
I truly believe that was and is the WORST site that I have ever been a part of!

Come to find out Gene Ching ended up being a dude that likes the latest of anything, gawd damned hipster before his time really and I learned to not to like the guy at all.
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Previous

Return to Been There Done That