Fighting against spirits, defence from psychic attacks

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Fighting against spirits, defence from psychic attacks

Postby Bill on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 pm

This is the only TRUE defense from psychic attack...

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Miro on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:22 am

Michael wrote:That's interesting because that book is written by Michael Saso, an American who lives in Beijing and was introduced to me by a member of RSF a few years back. I'll have to check that one out, I suppose I can get it next time I'm in Hong Kong.

http://www.4shared.com/get/7UqyLRpZ/Sas ... ter_C.html

Miro
We have entered a voyeuristic, or "phanic," era where esoteric ideas and methods are only unveiled and put within reach of everyone because they no longer have any chance of being understood. (Mircea Eliade)
Miro
Great Old One

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:27 pm

rob2 wrote:How about dreams - not just bad-dreams of the boogey man, naked on a bus variety - but I've had a couple of dreams where someone I know just busts my balls, poiting out my short-comings etc., to the point where I'm asleep and I feel demoralised and upset, and it carries into the next day and beyond. In the dream I remember clearest, the person ragging on me wasn't a loved one or close friend, or someone whose opinion really matters to me, so I don't attach much importance to 'who' it is. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

The boogeyman naked on the bus, yeah that would be quite the nightmare ;).

There could be a few reasons for such dreams. The first reason being your subconscious trying to help you out and get you past those things *or*, you have some guilt or worries about your imperfections. Things that we don't deal with during the day can sometimes haunt you at night.

The other possibility is more along the spooky stuff lines..... it can be your intuition picking up on what they think or say about you. You know how when someone says one thing to you and you just *know* they are thinking something completely different... that sort of thing. Or some spirit can be messing with you. This is less likely if the shortcomings are accurate though. I have found when something outside of myself goes on about my shortcomings, they tend to miss a bunch of them, and come up with ones which aren't one of mine.

When you should wonder about a dream is when they are extremely vivid and stand out more then all of your other dreams. Or the ones where you wake up wondering if that was a dream or not. Especially take note of the ones you become lucid in (have conscious control of your actions in a dream, it feels sort of like waking up in the dream).

If you get them often, try the salt around the bed trick and see if you get less of them.

For dreams you wonder about you can also go back into the dream. While awake, start to meditate and "journey" back into the dream, with as many vivid details as you can remember, then start to ask questions... it's not easy at first, but gets easier with some practice.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Bill wrote:This is the only TRUE defense from psychic attack...

Everyone knows you don't use tinfoil.... Image LOL.

Over the years I've seen a few houses with the oddest metal contraptions on or around their front door. Afraid of radiation or aliens I'm not sure which. One person had huge pieces of lead on either side of the door, and another had what looked like tinfoil completely covering the door.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby meeks on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Even Hillary Clinton wears one:
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby rob2 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 pm

-
Last edited by rob2 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob2
Anjing

Postby klonk on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Over self-analysis is Brit. (Though I am American, I am told I look English as a gooseberry fool. I needed that part explained.)

Over analysis, well then, well. Has any problem over two weeks old ever come back to bite you?

If so, was it the one you expected? No!

Dreams that assassinate your character are not good dreams. You didn't punch out the bastard, in your dream, because he looked like your friend. He was not your friend. If you were a Christian I could explain the matter with a single verse of scripture, or maybe two, but I will condense things somewhat.

The devil is a liar, and not all dreams are true.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Eric_H on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:29 pm

not all dreams are true.

You mean I didn't actually fly into space, fight a giant squid and then have Jessica Alba waiting for me in my giant mansion?

Rats. :'(
http://www.hungfakwoon.com/ - Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Global HQ.
Eric_H
Anjing

Postby klonk on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:08 am

^^ Probably not. Sorry.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby mikemantis on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:25 pm

"If in doubt, gau choi!!!"
mikemantis
Mingjing

Previous

Return to Been There Done That