Fighting against spirits, defence from psychic attacks

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Fighting against spirits, defence from psychic attacks

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 am

Nine Phoenix Purification Fu:
Taoist talisman to
clear negative energies
and bring spiritual protection
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:02 am

I remember moving in with the Mrs and coming home one night to find Talismans like this dotted all over the house, on windows, on doors etc..etc.. i went to take them down and she flipped out, so I left them in place. I really find it hard to take anything like this seriously, I appreciate some people have very negative energy and this can effect others and vice versa, but ghosts, goblins, witches, evil spirits :-\
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Mr_Wood wrote:I really find it hard to take anything like this seriously, I appreciate some people have very negative energy and this can effect others and vice versa, but ghosts, goblins, witches, evil spirits :-\

We are all affected everyday by innumerable hidden influences which either help or hinder the manifestation of our greatest good in every area of our lives. Some are deliberately projected toward us from others, whether curses or prayers, and some are merely absorbed from the prevailing energy of our immediate environment. The fact that we may be unaware of the presence of such energy, or that we choose to dismiss it as a viable reality, doesn't automatically eliminate its impact on us. Some would say that the attitude of "I really find it hard to take anything like this seriously" is both both expected and desired by those who would employ the mental energy of negative thought force to psychically attack others, because then they can count on meeting little or no resistance to their unseen efforts to harm someone in this way. -twisted-

Everyone is at least occasionally aware of the subtle bad 'vibe' projected by people who are silently in a bad mood, quietly seething with anger, or who simply don't like us for one reason or another. We all have the innate capability to sense impending danger, and the intuitive awareness that something doesn't feel 'right' about a particular person, place, or experience. And yet, these feelings are regularly overridden by most people. Since energetic ambush is the intended forte of all psychic attack, it is always hoped that these attacks will remain completely unnoticed or that our intuitive subconscious awareness of them will be totally ignored. :-\

Such operations most often have nothing to do with "ghosts, goblins, witches, or evil spirits", but are instead the result of negative thoughts projected from those who are motivated by anger, hatred, jealousy, revenge, and so forth. We don't see radio waves, either, but we know they exist, so why should it be beyond the realm of possibility that other invisible energies similarly exist as well? -shrug-

Ultimately, the use of protective talismans, charms, prayers, mantras, and the like, actually empower the attack to some degree by validating its power and presence. The best defense against psychic attack, therefore, is the conscious daily use of positive visualizations and affirmations regarding that which we truly wish to manifest as the greatest good in our lives, and to wish the same for others, too. :)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Methods on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm reading this and gathering my thoughts but whatever I say will be under scrutiny from naysayers and I am in no mind these days to deal with that kind of conflict, mostly from many or all that only have self interpretations of what they "think instead of know. The more I think about it, I don't think I can literally articulate what I want to try to explain in a way that could be beneficial on an internet forum.

If you could put some questions together I would be happy to answer them to my best abilities. Much of this subject cannot be explained with words and it takes so many levels of practice just to start to understand even the words that are shared.
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Postby meeks on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Hmm...interesting thread.

By saying "if you leave them alone they will leave you alone" you assume they have the same mindset as you. What if they simply look at you as an energy source "yumm...fresh meat in our realm" if you were to enter their domain? What if the ghost is in our domain and was murdered or commited suicide? Would he have a relaxed demeanor or would he perhaps be out to consume as much energy as possible since he has no way of crossing over to a next realm?

What if someone in your family dies and decides you're a terrific source of energy while their spirit is transitioning to a new realm (assuming you have done enough qi gong to even be sensitive enough to notice)?
What if its not as simple as a ghost? What if there really are other things we cannot see/physically feel? It might answer a lot in some of the things written about psychic attacks. Have you ever had a qi gong master swipe your energy away with a swat of his hand? There's a lot more out their than the phsyical exchange of blows. :/
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Patrick on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 am

go read some Richard Dawkins books.

What will he gain from that? Will he then turn into a bright and is then allowed to go around and pretend he knows many things about uhmm stuff and maybe evangelize other people? ::)
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 am

Salt.
Gets rid of 99% of stuff ;).

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby meeks on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 am

and it goes good on french fries!

salt, eh? I'll need to start watching more 'Supernatural' on TV...they use a lot of salt with witches, etc....
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Dmitri on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 am

I regularly eat so much raw garlic that it should have no trouble defending me against ANY attacks, not only psychic ones.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 am

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

--Charles Baudelaire
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby affa on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:53 pm

as long as you can tell these from those, you'll prolly be alright. duplicity, of course, is a problem though...
16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Postby lazyboxer on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:17 pm

First off, everyone would be wise to follow Daniel's advice. I've never met any dabbler in spiritism who wasn't more than a little unbalanced. Spooks and humans don't mix well, and our two worlds are best kept separate.

Michael Saso's book on Master Huang is worth chasing up - you can find a reprint on Amazon. The first edition is out of print and v. expensive - even the paperback is over $50 second hand. But it gives an excellent first-hand account of a Taiwanese master of the Maoshan Thunder magic tradition, and delves extensively into the darker side of Asian occultism.

Dion Fortune's book, Psychic Self Defence, is also worth looking at, if you want an easy entry into the Western esoteric tradition. Her work is very accessible and well written, and based on her own experience of astral projection, etheric materialization and the like.

The best book on elemental magic is Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics. he was a legendary Czech magician who died under somewhat mysterious circumstances in the 1950s. If you want to know about Yin and Yang in Western terms, this is the book to get.

Finally, for the weirdest and most forum-relevant story of all, take a look at http://www.thejinn.net/chi_jinn_my_story.htm, where you'll find a spine-tingling tale of demonic possession through studying martial arts at the London Shaolin temple, written by a British Muslim who describes how a sheikh later drove out his devils. (Unsurprisingly, they had been living very comfortably in his dantian). He describes how Shi Yongxin, the controversial head monk at Shaolin, came to the London temple to juice up their big Buddha statue, with alarming results. The article has plenty of photographs to support his case.
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Books about this sort of thing are about as good as trying to learn/do Bagua with books alone. IMHO.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby BaguaKicksAss on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 pm

I read the story. I find it odd that a powerful monk would put their own personal energy into a statue. Usually the energy of the Deity themselves (in this case Buddha) would be *brought* into the statue. I would personally be very suspicious of someone putting their own energy in, and sort of wonder what they were up to, since judging by the story, it wasn't someone who didn't know better due to lack of experience. No matter how Saintly said Monk was, the energy of a person generally isn't considered pure enough to be going and doing stuff like that (having everyone use it as an energy source after).

Also, throwing that much energy around is never a good idea, especially not if you are going to leave it there. It just attracts spirits of the not so friendly, and generally energy taking sort. I have met a few martial arts folks who have very strong energy, and any spiritual work they do, they just light up like some sort of neon sign in the spirit world.

For the Muslim/middle eastern style exorcism, either the author left a lot out, or he made the story up. I'm an optimist, so I will go with the first option. I mean just the first exorcism which was explained in some detail. However, the wording also isn't anything like the wording usually used by these sorts of exorcists. But again, perhaps much was left out. It doesn't sound like the author was in a hugely coherent state during this.

I don't think this has anything to do with qi necessarily, more like an irresponsible (or very unethical) teacher who had an even more irresponsible (or unethical) teacher who came to visit.

BKA
BaguaKicksAss
Wuji

Postby Methods on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Ive never heard of anyone putting their own energy into a statue - lol

This is one of my specialties and I bless statues by opening up, inviting gods etc.. quite a bit and that what I read is some far fetched stuff. Problem here is that a high level politician monk came to visit, he knows some rituals and such and probably he is pretty good within his own surroundings but has not been taught how to guard do to his status. As he works outside of his surroundings and in this case out of his native soil he is dealing with a host of other beings he is not familiar with as well they not to him. More than likely he did not invoke a protective ritual before performing this wacky chi kung stuff and that is where the problem started. In other words If it is done poorly you can attract some dirty stuff that can make your life absolute hell. On that note it is quite normal to invite gods into your system if you are at a high enough level, some of these gods can be dirty, but if done correctly you will have nothing to fear. Just a note; not all gods are good by any means and some are bad by nature but are used for good etc...If you are a high enough level the "dirties" will not and cannot reside long enough to hurt you but if you are not strong enough they can destroy you in ways that most think its just illness or insanity.

Allot of Westerners take this stuff as if it were a joke or as if they were a third party watching a tv show on it, but its real and shouldn't be played with unless experienced and you have the knowledge of what to do when it goes wrong, but in reality you don't want that. If you are truly a spiritual person all the gods under heaven as well the Demons and "dirties" know you even better. Its truly not something to take lightly.
Last edited by Methods on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That