for Mo

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: for Mo

Postby GrahamB on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:26 am

nianfong wrote:To clarify, I'll give you an example. For all my disagreement with people like, say, Graham, about the "correctness" of his xingyi, I acknowledge his opinion. Just as I acknowledge yours. If I hurt him personally in my statements about his style, I would apologize, as that would not be my intention. Despite whatever he may say or believe, I like him as a person, and value him as a friend.

I'm not telling you to believe something, or what to do. These are my own observations. Do with them what you will.

-Fong

Ha! Talk about a backhanded compliment! Good deflect though, when things are heated on the forum, pick on Graham, he's the whipping boy of RSF. -deadhorse- This really is like old times!

I remember we slapped each other in the face like girls a bit and threw our handbags around, er sorry, I mean 'palmed striked' each other like men and had a beer (ok, a latte), but I don't remember showing you any of my shitisfake XingYi ;D

Actually my teacher thinks all my XY looks like shit too, so I wouldn't worry, you're in good company. Except Tiger. He said that 'looked like Tiger', which is about the best compliment I could hope for ;D I actually met up with Tom recently and showed him a bit of Tiger. You can ask him if my shit is still fake ;D

Would be great to meet up with the Fairland Fight club again, but sadly looks like the closest I'm getting is Vegas in January. Hope you guys are all doing well - that was fun times ;D

best,
G

P.S. JOSE SCREW YOU! ;D ;D ;D ;D <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :-*
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby canard on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:45 am

Tiebian wrote:You gave it a good college try and I responded to you as much as I am willing to address it in public.

Is that a promise?

Tiebian wrote:I am not a particularly easy mark, so pat yourselves on the back, you did fine. But at this point, I think, give it a rest.

::)
Tiebian wrote: Not one of you is coming out smelling like roses after trying to pull someone else into a fight in a toilet with you.

It takes two to tango.
not quite exactly in the service of the Crown
canard
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:24 am

"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby yusuf on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:03 am

On Tom's advice I am toning down my response..

Mo, maybe a bit of that tjq self awareness might be useful at this point, if you can actually get your head out of your arse long enough to realise what people are telling you..... you backed someone who tried to screw our friend over, and now you are saying it's no big deal and we should get over it.. no apology, no explanation.. instead you attack anyone who mentions it and then say we don;t know the full story.. we do ..

.. it's not in your bequest to grant yourself a second chance ... you've come here to discuss TJQ but with zero understanding of your previous actions and how this community, emptyflower, felt about your assbandit crew.. what value is there in teh knowledge you have about tjq if it comes with the price tag of listening to your self serving amnesia and general asshattery?
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:36 am

^^That picture actually reminds me of the old men from the neighborhood sitting on a bench, too -- I saw that a lot when I was a kid, except they looked like this:

Mo, I'd like to think you actually might be feeling some guilt about some of that "complicated" past. I do hope that is the case... If so, then you need to recognize it, it may be bigger than you'd like to believe or allow yourself to feel. Deal with it properly, let others know, open up, be sincere... It'll do you (YOU personally, Marin) a ton of good. Pretending like it's not even there is really not moving in the right direction at all. For YOU. I'm actually trying to help, believe it or not. Your attempts at psychoanalysis of other people in this situation and on this forum are quite out-of-place, pathetic and misguided; you're grasping at the straws instead of trying to swim. Fong has been WAY too nice and Christian/Buddhist/Taoist/etc. about it, -- don't let that chance slide, take it and use it for your own good. Otherwise you'll live with that poison in your heart forever -- not a good thing, no matter how hard you try to push it away -- it'll still be there, slowly eating away at your soul. Instead of suppressing it, I would suggest you try to fix it. FWIW.

Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 am

"Feelings"? "Poison in your heart"?

I feel like I'm at an AA meeting.Or therapy, or some sort of personal growth workshop.

Damn it guys, have a fight, have a beer and get over it 8-)
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:21 am

GrahamB wrote:I feel like

See? You can't help it, yourself. :P

But anyway -- it's all Fong's fault, with his kumbaya-singin' approach... ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:27 am

Time wounds all heals! :(
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:28 am

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Forgive & Forget

Postby klonk on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:10 am

To forgive your enemies is to partake of the divine nature.

To forget your enemies is, likely, no more than they deserve.

:D
Last edited by klonk on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Forgive and Forget

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:38 am

"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:58 am

Well, the "forget" part is unlikely for anyone, it's like asking someone to "stop understanding" something... But 'forgive' is possible, although it's not easy at all when the other party doesn't even think it actually has done anything to be forgiven for, and only wants the "forget" part to happen. :)
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby affa on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:08 am

16, 76, 81, 88, 93
21, 28, 38, 52, 78
7, 40, 56, 73, 87
23, 65, 82, 91, 95
2, 6, 10, 46, 95
affa
Wuji

Postby Tiebian on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:20 am

affa wrote:Image

Two really good posts. The first one, the .GIF must have taken someone a lot of work, and it is very cool.
The second is classically good Miles.
Tiebian

Postby Michael on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:26 am

Hi Mo, how's it going? Welcome back to RSF. I hope you are well and that your school and TJQ are successful. I've learned in my time here that there's some message board ting jin that's necessary in order for the conversation to be enjoyable for most involved. You just ignore some things and occasionally try and understand other's points of view even if you disagree. It's like sitting around and having beers: eventually you just let people have their say, otherwise why be there?
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That