HOW LONG/MUCH DO YOU PRACTICE DAILY?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: HOW LONG/MUCH DO YOU PRACTICE DAILY?

Postby Michael on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:43 pm

For about 4 years, when I had a lot of free time, I did 2, 3, 4 hours of qigong per day. Having tons of physical energy did not really offer any benefits since I'm not a manual laborer (although I got a lot of brush cleared for my mom :) ), and actually had some negatives, such as making me occasionally feel intolerant of physically weaker people getting in my way. There was this energy amount/level threshold I sometimes crossed that triggered it. Weird, I know, but now I focus on those particular things that provide the most benefits and I don't always think "more is better". One hour a day is plenty of qigong and meditation, plus 30-40 minutes of TJQ short form, a few hours a week of bike riding or hiking, and about 10 min/day of simple upper body work: push-ups, pull-ups, and dips. I just wish I had more chances to do energy healing work.
Michael

Postby wiesiek on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:32 am

Doc Stier wrote:
wiesiek wrote:all the time
unless i HAVE to
do something differently
or
i forget myself ;)

You da man! -bow- ;D

thanx Doc
unfortunately my memory is seriously affected -joint- :)

on serious note it /time of trainings/ directly depends of your aim.
3 time a week by 1,5h sessions is quite sufficient to keep you fit and providing progress,
however
when i manage to get my ass into national tournaments team there was 3 or 4 1,5h. trainings a day, 6 times a week, swimming pool at 7 :-*
and
progress was very visible too :D
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 am

ps
pure qigong and meditation are little bit different - you have to do it on daily basic,
but
time ....
hmm....
highly individualized
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby AllanF on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:20 pm

As much as i can, because i enjoy it.
AllanF

Postby Methods on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:09 pm

I practice breathing, no more KF!
TAOISTCALENDARS.ORG
Methods
Wuji

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:16 pm

3-4 hours a day, 7 days a week. That includes 1 hour a day of ZZ, and 3 weekly hours of strength training. About once monthly I get one week with 4 hours a day, 7 days a week. Every month and a half or so I'll take a day off, when my body will tell me it needs rest.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby JRRodriguezIV on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:21 am

Before teaching, I try to put in an hour a day to practice. Now that I teach, I try to give myself about an hour a day to rest from practicing. 8-)
JRRodriguezIV
Anjing

Previous

Return to Been There Done That