Some IMA Applications from Bas Rutten

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Some IMA Applications from Bas Rutten

Postby johnwang on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:Anyway back to Bas

The principle is correct but the movement is incorrect

I like the move used at 2.59.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Daniel on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:51 am

Edited for brevity.

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Last edited by Daniel on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 am

I don't know why you are getting so mad, do you have an ego problem ?, because people with big egos usually never will find the internal.

You should do some standing and let your monkey mind go.

Are you a liberal ?

I claim signature rights, so hands off all you monkey-minded liberals! :D -woot-
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:05 am

Robinhood, it seems that many people try to graduate from the lower level school of external martial arts into the higher degree programs of the internal martial arts, but often fail to achieve success. How did you overcome these obstacles? Were you once a lower level external practitioner or were you lucky enough to find a shorter path to the top of the mountain?
Michael

Postby Daniel on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:10 am

Edited for brevity.

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Last edited by Daniel on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:38 am

yeah this is totally BTDT at this point. enjoy the dog-piling.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Robinhood on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:52 am

Michael wrote:Robinhood, it seems that many people try to graduate from the lower level school of external martial arts into the higher degree programs of the internal martial arts, but often fail to achieve success. How did you overcome these obstacles? Were you once a lower level external practitioner or were you lucky enough to find a shorter path to the top of the mountain?

I did not find a shorter path, only a path that turned up, I circled the mountain like everyone else, no shortcut.

I don't want to derail thread with discussion on how do you know if the path leads up, so start new thread on new subject.
Robinhood

Postby xingyijuan on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 am

Robinhood wrote:I did not find a shorter path, only a path that turned up, I circled the mountain like everyone else, no shortcut.

I don't want to derail thread with discussion on how do you know if the path leads up, so start new thread on new subject.

You forgot to mention the stack of weed you found on the side of the path, that you are still smoking till today.
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:53 am

Finny wrote:*flashbacks to Blooming Lotus insanity*

Wanderingdragon wrote:What is Gong?

Won't get no gong with that kinda attitude Bro..

I think they're talking about this Gong:

I think a quote (sic!) from this site will be rather fitting here, at this juncture:

Gong Rui 宫睿 is now crowned Miss Intercontinental Crockery for 2011. Miss Intercontinental beingness a lesser legendary but comfort nice annual worldwide model pageant competition in the homophonic vena as Lose Humanity or Woman Accumulation.

As is manifest from Gong Rui's Moko diplomat, she's actually quite an legitimate model. Having already featured as a Moko Top Lover in early life, she's also got a miniscule activity of videos on Youku (Island you-tube) which are included at the ground of this aeronaut.

You just can't make shit like that up.
Last edited by Dmitri on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Robinhood on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:55 am

xingyijuan wrote:
Robinhood wrote:I did not find a shorter path, only a path that turned up, I circled the mountain like everyone else, no shortcut.

You forgot to mention the stack of weed you found on the side of the path, that you are still smoking till today.

Was that yours ?
Robinhood

Postby xingyijuan on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Robinhood wrote:Was that yours ?

No, not at all, I don't touch that stuff. That stuff, the weed on the path to martial arts, gives you dellusions of grandeur.

xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Robinhood on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:44 pm

xingyijuan wrote:
Robinhood wrote:Was that yours ?

No, not at all, I don't touch that stuff. That stuff, the weed on the path to martial arts, gives you dellusions of grandeur.

How would you know that, with no experience ?
Robinhood

Postby Robinhood on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:20 pm

johnwang wrote:
Wanderingdragon wrote:Anyway back to Bas

The principle is correct but the movement is incorrect

I like the move used at 2.59.

I think we concluded that the videos where not internal already, But we know that Bos is the "man", for sure !

O , ya nice outfit, I gotta get me some clothes like that, that's cool.

P.S. It looks like the dummy was always to far away, and once did not follow instructions right and hit Bos in the ribs, I wonder if that can work if you don't know where the punch is coming ahead of time ?
Robinhood

Postby xingyijuan on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I have plenty of experience with the deluded fools. After a while, you can smell them miles away. You find them sitting by the side of the path, smoking their stuff and yapping about how much far they've gone. But, they have nothing new to say. They just babble whatever they just read in a book, a web site, or just been told by their teacher. And they stay sitting by the side of the road, babbling on with what everybody else already know.

xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Robinhood on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:03 pm

xingyijuan wrote:I have plenty of experience with the deluded fools. After a while, you can smell them miles away. You find them sitting by the side of the path, smoking their stuff and yapping about how much far they've gone. But, they have nothing new to say. They just babble whatever they just read in a book, a web site, or just been told by their teacher. And they stay sitting by the side of the road, babbling on with what everybody else already know.

I guess that is arm chair experience, right ?, You should try touching hands for your experience, I know someone up in Canada that will show you the path.
Robinhood

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That