Empty Force Masters - frauds or geniuses?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Empty Force Masters - frauds or geniuses?

Postby GrahamB on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:45 pm

I tried to read to the end of that story, but it broke my mind.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:01 am

Michael:

THE LUCIDITY INSTITUTE INC has consistently offered good information and instruction. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.lucidity.com/

Doc
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:08 am

Michael,

It is pretty easy:

* At key points throughout your day, just ask yourself, " am I dreaming "? And then try to fly. Really try. If you can't fly, you are not dreaming, but if you can fly, ...

... I'd bet dolllars to doughnuts, - you are dreaming.

* Everytime you walk through a doorway ask yourself, "is this a dream" ? And then use the power of your mind to change locations. If you can't change locations, chances are, you are not dreaming. If you can, - it's probably a dream. ;D

You get the idea.

I made the second one up myself, the first one comes straight from LeBerge.

Google: Lucid Dreaming or Stephen LeBerge

And as a side note, - there are various CDs and Gizmos out there that are supposed to facilitate Lucid Dreaming and OOBE, but I don't use any of them. The Monroe Institute's "Hemi-Sync" really works, but the last time I was in China the Tibetans told me "not to use technology to practice"...

... it was on our last day together and a Living Buddha, ( who didn't speak English ) looked me straight in the eye and repeated what our translator had just said, "Do not use TECHNOLOGY to practice". I figure, if he took out enough time to memorize that one sentence, - then I would heed what he said, but that is me, - you are you.

Lucd Dreaming is pretty easy to do, Ken Wilber talks about perilucid dreaming, and I'm doing tht these days, any way, - have fun with it.

m strong

ps: When I say, "I ran away" I mean, I got myself kicked out, ( and it wasn't easy ). I would take off for 23 hours and 45 minutes and then show up and start a fight,- stuff like that. I had to go through CCF, - (I don't know what The Marine Corps, equivalant is - CCF stands for Corectional Custodial Facility) - it's like Boot Camp on Crack Coacaine: humiliation, physical exhuastion, sleep deprivation, group preasure - the whole nine yards ! :P
Last edited by Mike Strong on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Strong

Postby JessOBrien on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks for the story Mike. Interesting & entertaining as always...

-Jess O
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:56 pm

Mike Strong wrote:... it was on our last day together and a Living Buddha, ( who didn't speak English ) looked me straight in the eye and repeated what our translator had just said, "Do not use TECHNOLOGY to practice". I figure, if he took out enough time to memorize that one sentence, - then I would heed what he said, but that is me, - you are you.

I bet the Machine Elves' union told him to say that. That's THEIR territory. ;D
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:58 pm

Now, MACHINE ELVES I have heard of, ( my last set of roommmates went to Burning Man and did THE drugs ). 8-)
Mike Strong

Postby qiphlow on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:59 pm

you ought to try the DMT sometime, mike. the machine elf experience is quite unique.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:35 am

Mike & Doc, thanks for the links!
Michael

Previous

Return to Been There Done That