RAT

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: RAT

Postby klonk on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:54 am

vadaga wrote:
klonk wrote:
vadaga wrote:if things continue at this rate carbon based life will give way to silicon based life within 500 years tops

In another venue I have been lately saying that this is not so. Computers cannot transcend their assembly codes, which are 100% deterministic. There can be no originality or creativity or inspiration in a computer mind. We carbon units may kill ourselves off, but computers will never be our successors.

I've been going back and forth with myself over this actually. The reason I got thinking about it is coz if you made something or a group of somethings with silicon brains that were enviroment hardened and self-replicating there are any number of ways that they could make the world uninhabitable for carbon based life(less likely) or at least humanity.

Hmmm... You'll find this interesting: http://rt.com/news/self-organizing-termite-robots-172/

Self-organizing robot armies produced - and all thanks to ingenious termite logic

The story may be a bit over-hyped, but it's tech that is sorta headed in the direction you describe.

But I don't think singularity AI is possible, AGI and beyond, because our intelligence is not quite rational.
Last edited by klonk on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:22 am

or
rational differently :) -joint-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Life is good
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:44 pm

George W. Bush: That was weird. When the pilots of Marine One said they were going to drop me off in New York City, I thought they were joking. I said, "Sure. Y'know, while you're at it, why don't you drop me off in the faggy Theater District?" And guess what, they did! So the joke's on me. But let me be clear about something - I'm just kidding, okay? I don't think theater's faggy. Except for "Cats." and "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change." Yeah, that one's queer and Yiddishy. You know, if you want to treat yourself to just a wonderful night out at the theater, just an outstanding show about pride and work ethic and values without any sort of gay agenda, go see "Rent." Laura and I must've seen that show no less than eighty times.

George W. Bush: Let us pray. Dear Lord Jesus Christ, and by Jesus Christ I'm referring to blond, good-looking, lightly-bearded or clean-shaven Jesus Christ, not hippie-looking Jesus or swarthy, more Middle Eastern Jesus - who's probably more historically accurate - not that guy. So dear clean-shaven or lightly-bearded-like-Mike-Piazza Jesus, we give thanks to you and to everything you do. Your love and acceptance washes over all of us like the warm healing waters in one of those European toilets that cleans you inside and out. I believe it's called a bid-ett. Dear blond, almost Swiss-looking Jesus, we ask you to allow us to accept everyone in this theater tonight, regardless of their religious beliefs, whether it be Muslim, or Hindu, or Jewish, or witchcraft.

George W. Bush: For the next ten years, Secret Service has to do anything I want. For instance, if I'm at a Reba McEntire concert and I'm too tired to walk back to the car, Secret Service has to, by law, carry me piggyback back to the parking lot.

George W. Bush: I was a simple, normal kid. I liked to do simple, normal things. Like shoot wrist rockets at a stray cat strapped to a propane tank. Just basic mischief, you know? Or like this one time, we shot up a sleeping hobo full of novocaine, then we'd yell, "Pie on the windowsill!" And they'd wake up all numb and poor and we'd laugh. But that's just the kind of stuff you do growing up in Midland, when you're a young, precocious little thirty-year-old.

George W. Bush: One time, I did convince all the family to come down here one Easter. I took all the Bush men - Dad, Jeb, Neil, Marvin - on a tour of an old abandoned mineshaft I found on the outskirts of the ranch. It was fun, all the Bush guys reminiscing, clowning around in an old abandoned mineshaft, when wouldn't you know, it collapses on us. We'd be trapped for three days, and the whole while, my Dad's up my ass saying things like, "Goddammit, George! Did you test this shaft to see if it was safe?" I'm like, "No! Of course not! It's just an abandoned mineshaft, you just go climb around in it! Besides, I thought you'd like it, 'cause it's historical!" And then Jeb's like, "Everyone shut up, we've gotta conserve oxygen!" I'm like, "I don't give a shit! God's got a plan for me! If this is the way I go, then this is the way I go!" Then my Dad's like, "Gimme a fucking break! Did you tell anyone where we were going?" And I'm like, "No! I didn't! I only thought we'd be gone an hour!" He's like, "You've gotta be kidding me!" All of a sudden, Marvin starts screaming, "I crushed my maid with a car!" And Neil starts yelling, "I once had sex with thirty Thai hookers at once!" And then Jeb's like, "I'm being serious, let's conserve oxygen!" I'm like, "Enough with the damn oxygen!" And my Dad's like, "Why are you the only one in this family that speaks with a Texas accent? It makes no sense!" I'm like, "Do I? Do I have an accent? 'Cause if I do, I can't hear it!" And just then, as my Dad was about to lunge for my neck, we heard some rocks moving, and outside was my Mom, all ripped and muscular, throwing boulders away from the opening of the mineshaft. She then pulled us out one by one and placed us on a cart, and pulled the cart like a powerful draft horse all the way back home, her deltoids twitching, her loins covered in a milky white froth. It was one of the most gross and impressive things I'd ever seen. I was crying and barfing all at the same time.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:00 pm

D_Glenn wrote:
George W. Bush: That was weird. When the pilots of Marine One said they were going to drop me off in New York City, I thought they were joking. I said, "Sure. Y'know, while you're at it, why don't you drop me off in the faggy Theater District?" And guess what, they did! So the joke's on me. But let me be clear about something - I'm just kidding, okay? I don't think theater's faggy. Except for "Cats." and "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change." Yeah, that one's queer and Yiddishy. You know, if you want to treat yourself to just a wonderful night out at the theater, just an outstanding show about pride and work ethic and values without any sort of gay agenda, go see "Rent." Laura and I must've seen that show no less than eighty times.

George W. Bush: Let us pray. Dear Lord Jesus Christ, and by Jesus Christ I'm referring to blond, good-looking, lightly-bearded or clean-shaven Jesus Christ, not hippie-looking Jesus or swarthy, more Middle Eastern Jesus - who's probably more historically accurate - not that guy. So dear clean-shaven or lightly-bearded-like-Mike-Piazza Jesus, we give thanks to you and to everything you do. Your love and acceptance washes over all of us like the warm healing waters in one of those European toilets that cleans you inside and out. I believe it's called a bid-ett. Dear blond, almost Swiss-looking Jesus, we ask you to allow us to accept everyone in this theater tonight, regardless of their religious beliefs, whether it be Muslim, or Hindu, or Jewish, or witchcraft.

George W. Bush: For the next ten years, Secret Service has to do anything I want. For instance, if I'm at a Reba McEntire concert and I'm too tired to walk back to the car, Secret Service has to, by law, carry me piggyback back to the parking lot.

George W. Bush: I was a simple, normal kid. I liked to do simple, normal things. Like shoot wrist rockets at a stray cat strapped to a propane tank. Just basic mischief, you know? Or like this one time, we shot up a sleeping hobo full of novocaine, then we'd yell, "Pie on the windowsill!" And they'd wake up all numb and poor and we'd laugh. But that's just the kind of stuff you do growing up in Midland, when you're a young, precocious little thirty-year-old.

George W. Bush: One time, I did convince all the family to come down here one Easter. I took all the Bush men - Dad, Jeb, Neil, Marvin - on a tour of an old abandoned mineshaft I found on the outskirts of the ranch. It was fun, all the Bush guys reminiscing, clowning around in an old abandoned mineshaft, when wouldn't you know, it collapses on us. We'd be trapped for three days, and the whole while, my Dad's up my ass saying things like, "Goddammit, George! Did you test this shaft to see if it was safe?" I'm like, "No! Of course not! It's just an abandoned mineshaft, you just go climb around in it! Besides, I thought you'd like it, 'cause it's historical!" And then Jeb's like, "Everyone shut up, we've gotta conserve oxygen!" I'm like, "I don't give a shit! God's got a plan for me! If this is the way I go, then this is the way I go!" Then my Dad's like, "Gimme a fucking break! Did you tell anyone where we were going?" And I'm like, "No! I didn't! I only thought we'd be gone an hour!" He's like, "You've gotta be kidding me!" All of a sudden, Marvin starts screaming, "I crushed my maid with a car!" And Neil starts yelling, "I once had sex with thirty Thai hookers at once!" And then Jeb's like, "I'm being serious, let's conserve oxygen!" I'm like, "Enough with the damn oxygen!" And my Dad's like, "Why are you the only one in this family that speaks with a Texas accent? It makes no sense!" I'm like, "Do I? Do I have an accent? 'Cause if I do, I can't hear it!" And just then, as my Dad was about to lunge for my neck, we heard some rocks moving, and outside was my Mom, all ripped and muscular, throwing boulders away from the opening of the mineshaft. She then pulled us out one by one and placed us on a cart, and pulled the cart like a powerful draft horse all the way back home, her deltoids twitching, her loins covered in a milky white froth. It was one of the most gross and impressive things I'd ever seen. I was crying and barfing all at the same time.

well played
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Strange on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:58 pm

cancer victory day.
it came to visit my house and does not know yours truly moves like Fire Burning Body.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:45 pm

There is an animal in Argentina called the pink fairy armadillo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLq9yF66BBk
Michael

Postby Mr_Wood on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:28 pm

has anyone actually ever seen jen selter's face ?
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue May 06, 2014 3:45 pm

I cannot understand why Chinese clay pot braising has not become vastly popular in America, in the way that wok stir frying has. 'Cause actually, I like it better. ???
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 pm

"alive" simply means "more complex". The only fundamental difference between living things and inanimate objects is the same as the differences between humans, insects, bacteria, etc. -- the respective complexity levels.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Alexatron on Mon May 26, 2014 1:57 am

I don't believe revenge is a dish best served cold . . . I believe revenge is a dish best served as a 7 course banquet . . . and don't forget the after dinner mint.
A boast is a gift to the enemy
- Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Alexatron
Anjing

Postby Dmitri on Mon May 26, 2014 5:06 am

"Pee-poo" is Tracy Morgan for "people"
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:19 pm

I've got my daughter hooked on Hercules: The Legendary Journeys much to the dismay of my wife.
fuga
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:56 am

We need a damn RFC to mc-minimize the number of smileys: happy, sad, other, and lol. No more 3000 smileys, -lol-
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:12 am

Is someone who is acting like an asshole in fact an asshole? Is being an asshole like beauty -- in the eye of the beholder?
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That