RAT

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: RAT

Postby Strange on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 am

there this scene in "black hawk down":
colonel mcknight gets out of his humvee to check out the situation round a corner
and the somalis drive up and starts shooting at the colonel's convoy.
a ranger manning the 50 caliber, shouts :"colonel! colonel! they're shooting at us!"
and colonel mcknight says as nonchalantly as you can be:" well, shoot back."

i dun know why but it gets me laughing like crazy every time i see it muah ha ha ha ;D
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby greytowhite on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Last year I was speaking with a former coworker. I mentioned that I was from Northern California. She instantly lit up, smiled, and proclaimed her shared home region. She then asked what city and when I said, "Stockton" her only reply was, "Oh." My friend from Mogadishu was standing behind me and his comments on the matter were, "Man, I tell people I'm from Somalia, they ask me about AKs and violence there. Man, someone knows where you from they don't talk no more. What kinda place is that?"
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:48 am

It seems like every week I see a nationally syndicated article about Stockton going down the tubes.
Michael

Postby gzregorz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:40 pm

the best part about getting older is you are less and less concerned with what other people think and say about you.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Michael wrote:It seems like every week I see a nationally syndicated article about Stockton going down the tubes.

This is from my friends podcast Inside BJJ. They're always telling stories about life in Stockton.

(For Michael) It seems that in Stockton they have phenomenon called the homicide car wash. When a gangster is killed the family and friends have a car wash to pay for his funeral. Sad but true.

I went to the Junior College there for a few weeks take a course in accounting. One day the professor wasn't happy with us and you look at all of us and said, "There's a reason we are at Delta College."
Last edited by gzregorz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:52 am

Machida's style is boring.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby fuga on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Tough being a dad when my daughter's pet is getting close to the end of its life.
fuga
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Very sad, but I think it's much easier for the kid to learn about loss from that kind of example, compared to a loss of a human relative or friend... hang in there, both of ya... :(
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:55 am

I hear you. Once our dog ran off for 24 hours. As bad as I felt it was even worse knowing that the kids would eventually feel it too. Yet they lucked out and were excited about making and putting up flyers, they were convinced we were going to find her and we did. Hell my kids are probably more together than I am and thank god for that.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 am

My daughter is reading the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" again, and the bit about the worst poetry in the Universe caught her attention:

Vogon poetry is of course the third worst in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" four of his audience members died of internal hemorrhaging, and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council, survived by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos is reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his twelve-book epic entitled My Favorite Bathtime Gurgles when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save life and civilization, leaped straight up through his neck and throttled his brain. The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England, in the destruction of the planet Earth.

So she looked up 'Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings', and it is actually a disguised variation of Paul Neil Milne Johnstone, who is a real person. Here's an actual piece of his "poetry":

"The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool.
They lay. They rotted. They turned
Around occasionally.
Bits of flesh dropped off them from
Time to time.
And sank into the pool's mire.
They also smelt a great deal."
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:29 am

I could write worse. Sober even.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:40 am

Mike Adams wrote:mainstream media is nothing more than a dumbed-down, cartoon-level disinfo broadcast for morons and sheeple
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 am

If you directly translate the Chinese for hippopotamus, you get river horse.
Michael

Postby wiesiek on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:00 am

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool.
They lay. They rotted. They turned
Around occasionally.
Bits of flesh dropped off them from
Time to time.
And sank into the pool's mire.
They also smelt a great deal

hmm, kinda of refreshing things...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 am