Frank Allen

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Frank Allen

Postby CaliG on Sun May 18, 2008 10:46 pm

nianfong wrote:wow is that frank allen himself?
uh it's usually really dumb to actually walk in circles while sparring.

No that's not Frank.

That might be some of his students.
Last edited by CaliG on Sun May 18, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaliG

Postby JessOBrien on Mon May 19, 2008 9:23 am

Yeah those guys are Frank's students. They are working at their own level, and as we all know you gotta start somewhere. These clips are not competitive contests, they are friendly slap boxing, and should be taken as such. These videos are NOT sparring.

Freestyle fighting with Frank is quite a different experience. He hosts boxing every week, and it's considerably higher contact than what goes on in these vids. His school contains a plethora of Chinese martial arts training and a complete system of Western fight training, primarily boxing, but also military combatives (weapons) and some western wrestling.

Not many martial arts teachers take all comers every week, whether in Asia or the USA. Frank is one of the few, and if you ever hit the Lower East Side in NYC, I'd recommend a stop by the WTPCA on boxing night. Word of advice, watch the left hook....

-Jess O
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Mon May 19, 2008 10:51 am

I heard for his 50th birthday he boxed 50 different people.

All I got to say is you have to be a tough MOFO to be boxing 50 different players in one day.
CaliG

Postby Butterball on Fri May 23, 2008 10:19 am

Frank is tough as hell and definitely knows his stuff!
Butterball
Great Old One

Postby taoistfist on Sat May 24, 2008 2:02 pm

that is great!!
the night is darkest just before the dawn. and i promise you the dawn is coming.
taoistfist
Anjing

Previous

Return to Been There Done That