Really?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Really?

Postby nianfong on Thu May 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Chris,
I understand that you don't go around harassing Doc, and I thank you for the maturity there. I also thank you for all the useful information you have shared with the forum, and with me personally. You almost always contribute constructively to a conversation. That said, don't threaten me. Please understand that you are granted a certain leeway because you have been around such a long time, have contributed so much, and I feel like I understand how you post and think most of the time, so I give you benefit of the doubt. Doc, for all his quirks and his dogged sentiment against you, has also contributed a lot, and I also feel like I understand him. I value both of you on the forum and as friends, and would truly like to have beers with both of you if we are ever in the same area.

For instance, if Patrick says one more remark to piss me off, he will be banned.

I will PM Doc and ask him to bury his hatchet with you. I'd like to get the two of you to talk this out because if he does it only as a favor to me, the peace will likely not last. I think part of his problem with you is how different your writing styles are. He is rather esoteric in his thoughts, and his casual writing style. You are very intellectually rigorous and scientific in your posts, and write in a very formal tone. You are near opposites in how you communicate. So your very way of posting may be what rubs him wrong. Ideally i'd like for the two of you to find some sort of common ground so you can stop this bickering.

This thread is locked.
nianfong
Administrator

Previous

Return to Been There Done That