Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby Michael on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Ever been to London?

Nope, sure haven't. You?

For the life of me, I can't get the alternate humor.

That's the main reason for reading the news is so you can get the jokes.

I get the point from Generation Identity (wink, wink) though.

If you're familiar with the news in the UK, their point, as you put it, is part of the humor in the whole situation that includes Count Dankula's arrest that has made him infinitely more popular than he ever was, as well as Tommy Robinson, Lauren Southern banned, Martin Soeltzer and Pettibone detained and banned, etc.
Michael

Postby Michael on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Michael

Postby Michael on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Michael

Postby Michael on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Um, I never asked you whether you'd been to London. I have, but it's not relevant.

If you're familiar with the news in the UK, their point, as you put it, is part of the humor in the whole situation that includes Count Dankula's arrest that has made him infinitely more popular than he ever was, as well as Tommy Robinson, Lauren Southern banned, Martin Soeltzer and Pettibone detained and banned, etc.

Nope, never heard of the guys with the funny names. I didn't think that the cartoon was funny, but ya gotta be in on the joke.

Oh, in the last cartoon, I think you're equating the Trump balloon (or allowing it to fly) is equivalent to "hate speech." The funny thing is that you'd expect the mayor of London (um, the subject of Trump's own anti-Muslim tirades) to prevent the balloon from flying. I'm sure that the Donald would have nixed this float. Is it hate speech :)

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt ... at.jpg&f=1

As opposed to this, which is not "funny" in any way.
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt ... j86GaR&f=1
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Greg asked me if I had been to London.

I don't think the Trump balloon or the things that Sadiq Kahn wants to censor are hate speech. I think Kahn's hypocrisy is good political humor.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:15 am

I don’t think Khan is hypocritical at all. I think people should respect Trump only as much as he respects them. Crude deserves crude. I love how his people are asking for civility. Fuck that shit. Be civil; get civil. Just a few years back, people were complaining about political correctness.

I don’t think making fun of someone by calling her Pocahontas is funny whether she is Indian or not. It makes for a great laugh at a rally without saying anything substantial about any issue. The crowd applauds and maybe starts to do tomahawk chops. That’s why Trump has rallies but no press conferences. Then he golfs more in one year than Obama did in eight. He’s the joke. He’s the perfect representative but he’ll never be as smart or rich as Oprah.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Watch "Man Controlled By Russia Says Germany Is Controlled By Russia" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/gQQwOQLErDU
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:12 pm

"Everyone would think." :) "Wow." I'm going with the pee pee photos.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Steve James wrote:I don’t think Khan is hypocritical at all. I think people should respect Trump only as much as he respects them. Crude deserves crude. I love how his people are asking for civility. Fuck that shit. Be civil; get civil. Just a few years back, people were complaining about political correctness.

I don’t think making fun of someone by calling her Pocahontas is funny whether she is Indian or not. It makes for a great laugh at a rally without saying anything substantial about any issue. The crowd applauds and maybe starts to do tomahawk chops. That’s why Trump has rallies but no press conferences. Then he golfs more in one year than Obama did in eight. He’s the joke. He’s the perfect representative but he’ll never be as smart or rich as Oprah.

There are people who know him in a different way....I guess they must respect him...just as many did.
Before becoming president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj4crrzC0iM
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Did you know he was found guilty of racial discrimination in housing?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ent-sued-/

In 1973, Trump, as a 27-year-old, was president of his father’s realty company, Trump Management. It operated nearly 40 apartment buildings, mostly in New York City. By all accounts, including his own, Trump was a hands-on president and very active in managing the day-to-day business operations.

That year, the federal government filed a complaint against Trump, his father Fred Trump, and Trump Management. The complaint alleged that the Trumps violated the Fair Housing Act, part of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, by discriminating against tenants and potential tenants based on their race.

"The defendants, through the actions of their agents and employees, have discriminated against persons because of race in the operation of their apartment buildings," the complaint reads.

It's not really important, though. I live in NYC and have known of Trump since the 70s because of these cases. Let me also say that no one has to prove that he's not this or that, but talk is cheap. I'm sure that Trump has Black friends, but so what?

Hmm, I'm not really sure where the need to show that Trump is a nice guy came from in this thread.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:42 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:52 pm

I don’t think Khan is hypocritical at all. I think people should respect Trump only as much as he respects them. Crude deserves crude. I love how his people are asking for civility. Fuck that shit. Be civil; get civil. Just a few years back, people were complaining about political correctness.

I agree.

I think it's hypocritical of Khan for the reasons I mentioned, not to do with Trump specifically. I'm totally fine with the balloon; I think it's hilarious on multiple levels, including spending 30 thousand euros on it.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:58 pm

If the announcer gets a laugh, great, but she might be missing the point.

I think Trump is trying to make a case against NATO. It looks to me he wants to get out of it, get out of the G7, and get out of the WTO. He really seems to be against globalization, IMHO.

If Germany disagrees and says that it's okay to be energy dependent on Russia, that it doesn't create a security threat, that is a significant case against the need for NATO, which was Trump expressed a bit differently, but that was the gist of it. The objective truth is that NATO can only have a purpose if there is a military threat from Russia. Maybe I'm biased against the war machine and I'm projecting, but I would very much like to see NATO extensively reformed as part of an overall reduction in US militarism.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:15 pm

Michael wrote:Greg asked me if I had been to London.

I don't think the Trump balloon or the things that Sadiq Kahn wants to censor are hate speech. I think Kahn's hypocrisy is good political humor.

Didn't think so.

I wouldn't be suprised if more people die of gun violence in a day in the US than all the "terrorists" attacks in London combined but London is dangerous, right?

The real Donald Trump in his meeting with the Russians.

Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:02 am, edited 13 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That