Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:16 am

Michael wrote:Greg, in your non sequitur comparing London and other places, it seems you don't understand the point of the meme at any level.

You can get the joke or not, like it or not, but you're not even in the ballpark.

Michael wrote:Greg, in your non sequitur comparing London and other places, it seems you don't understand the point of the meme at any level.

You can get the joke or not, like it or not, but you're not even in the ballpark.

It isn't a joke, is it?

It is ignorance of all facts and distortion of the truth.

It is propaganda. I am not outraged and although I would be more than happy to resort to insults I always thought you were open minded about a real conversation perhaps I was wrong.

Next time I too will do the insult thing. It has been awhile but I would have to give a f*** first.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:00 am

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:16 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Now that I am back in the States, I feel like we could just start posting any FOX or CNN clips and they would all be a perfect match for the title of this post.

Trump is horrible, but was elected and what we deserve. CNN seems to be maintaining the completely worthless Dem line and unwittingly setting Trump up for another win.

*laugh/cry*
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 am

The "news" is only the facts. Either something was done or said or it was not. "An earthquake in Chile" either happened or not, and the news is the report of what happened. Nowadays, the opinions of commentators on what happened, what should be done, what could have been done, what will be done, why it should be done, when, how, etc, is also considered news. Even the disputes between commentators are considered news.

Anyway, I think that FOX had a long history of not being taken seriously, but being very popular. It was also the main proponent and vehicle for the "Obama is un-American and not an American" argument. Did Obama supporters watch? The same is true now for Trump supporters and CNN.

Anyway, it's up to the viewer. No Trump supporter is going to change his vote because of a CNN report. I do agree that CNN spends too much time "shaking their heads" at something Trump did or said. Otoh, FOX and Friends is considerably worse. Even their smug smiles are so syrupy sweet, they're sickening.

Meh, the 60s and 70s were more turbulent. People often blamed their problems on what they saw on tv. Politicians were assassinated. It had nothing to do with the news. Nowadays, people look at the news to get upset or entertained. Enjoy life. One way or another, Trump won't be around forever.

Ps. When I first came back to the US from living abroad, the first thing I noticed was how negative the news here was. There was always the report of some crime being committed. It didn't matter how serious. So, some days, it would begin with "In local news, police are looking for a man who stole a woman's pocket book on 149th street this afternoon." That would be the most serious crime, and the news would go on to report a few less serious ones. So, I just stopped watching the news. :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:52 am

windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:32 pm

The best part of this election is that I no longer have to listen to conservative BS that they are the patriotic ones while they eat out of Putin's ass.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:06 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:57 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Now that I am back in the States, I feel like we could just start posting any FOX or CNN clips and they would all be a perfect match for the title of this post.

Trump is horrible, but was elected and what we deserve. CNN seems to be maintaining the completely worthless Dem line and unwittingly setting Trump up for another win.

*laugh/cry*

Actually we didn't deserve this. The election was totally rigged by red states kicking minorities off the voter rolls.

But I agree the news isn't covering it and only shows progressive Democrats when they are outraged by Trump.

Real investigative journalism.

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:42 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:18 am

The joke's on them.

Workers make flags for U.S. President Donald Trump's "Keep America Great!" 2020 re-election campaign at Jiahao flag factory in Fuyang, Anhui province, China July 24, 2018.

https://c-7npsfqifvt34x24jnh-t-nto-dpnx ... _$/$/$/$/$

Factory workers in eastern China have been working hard since March to churn out about 90,000 “Keep America Great” banners for Donald Trump’s re-election campaign, aiming to fulfill the massive order quickly to avoid the potential economic impact of the president’s trade war.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-keep-ame ... na-1043692
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:06 am

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That