Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Jokes Only Please

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Actually, I don't remember you ever being banned; but, maybe that's just company policy :) Then again, it could be age, too. Anyway, I really missed it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Steve James wrote:Actually, I don't remember you ever being banned; but, maybe that's just company policy :) Then again, it could be age, too. Anyway, I really missed it.

The creed by which I live, and perhaps a hint of pagan ancestry as well, inclines me to let bygorns be bygorns. ;)
Last edited by klonk on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:11 pm

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:11 am

klonk
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:51 am

klonk wrote:Image

+ 100
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:58 pm

Irony:
This editorial cartoon, published in the New York Herald in 1918, depicts the anti-immgrant sentiment that arose during World War I. Source: Library of Congress

You know Lady Liberty’s entreaty to give her “your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free”? Emma Lazarus penned that sonnet when the United States began implementing strict laws to keep the huddled masses out. A year earlier, in 1882, Congress had passed the Chinese Exclusion Act, the first major immigration law to restrict entry of a specific ethnic group, after complaints that the Chinese were polluting American culture and appropriating American jobs.

What about the European immigrants welcomed in decades prior, when they fled poverty, persecution or potato famine?

Well, in the mid-19th century, an entire national political party — the Know Nothings — was predicated on fears that morally and racially inferior German and Irish Catholic immigrants were threatening the livelihoods and liberties of native-born Protestants.

Even earlier, some of our most venerated Founding Fathers — people who had abundant evidence of the additive properties of ethnic diversity and benefits of infusing the economy with fresh blood — exhibited frighteningly nativist tendencies. Benjamin Franklin denounced the scourge of “swarthy” German immigrants who refused to speak English, for example.

Take a wild guess who they meant.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Taste of Death wrote:chud, Steve James can see through the "I don't hate all black guys, just Obama" meme. :-\

Here's a suggestion: stop speaking for other people, and start worrying about yourself.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:03 pm

chud wrote:
Taste of Death wrote:chud, Steve James can see through the "I don't hate all black guys, just Obama" meme. :-\

Here's a suggestion: stop speaking for other people, and start worrying about yourself.

On her first day in office Madame President Clinton is going to give Texas back to Mexico and then appoint Obama to the Supreme Court.

And then it's Adiós for you.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby chud on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:40 pm

Last edited by chud on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:14 pm

What a hoot! ;D ::)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Say it with a joke if you can't with a smile.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:57 am

-woot- -faint- Jarosław Kaczyński :o -dropjaw- -nuke- -ban-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby klonk on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 pm

klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:50 pm

klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Don't be that guy.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That