Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:00 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:55 pm

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:23 am

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:15 am

Michael
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Chick chokes out a soldier

https://youtu.be/S6x1kRnGNU0
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:58 am

Michael wrote:Image

Yeah, can't get down with that. The truth of it is, though, that it's the conservative regulations that prevent him from competing with other young men. So, it's another bad example brought up by popular populists like Peterson, Pinker, and Harris, all of whom have a few good things to say (not surprisingly limited to their fields of expertise), but are completely clueless about history and go off the deep end in every debate or argument they ever get in.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:50 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Michael wrote:Image

Yeah, can't get down with that. The truth of it is, though, that it's the conservative regulations that prevent him from competing with other young men. So, it's another bad example brought up by popular populists like Peterson, Pinker, and Harris, all of whom have a few good things to say (not surprisingly limited to their fields of expertise), but are completely clueless about history and go off the deep end in every debate or argument they ever get in.

I didn't follow the whole story, but I agree that someone born male shouldn't be allowed to compete as a female. I don't think Bruce Caitlin Jenner should be allowed to enter a women's sports event. He's a rightist anyway.

Otoh, in the above case, I bet the girls improved much more than the guy did, even if he won. Match him up with Cyborg.

I would have loved to wrestle girls in high school, but it would have been embarrassing.
Last edited by Steve James on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:27 am

Steve, I think this is a girl transitioning to a boy and is therefore on steroids (IINM). I get the part about getting better, but if these are kids getting scouted for scholarships, that's not fair. If someone wants to make that decision, I obviously don't have a problem with it, but this is one area where self-sacrifices will need to be made.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Steve, I think this is a girl transitioning to a boy and is therefore on steroids (IINM). I get the part about getting better, but if these are kids getting scouted for scholarships, that's not fair. If someone wants to make that decision, I obviously don't have a problem with it, but this is one area where self-sacrifices will need to be made.

When it comes to scholarships, it's the school that should decide. I didn't hear about the specific case except that it was "boy (?) beats girl." The transitioning issue is too complex for me. But, the steroids, imo, should prohibit the athlete's participation.

I think girls and boys should compete against each other from the beginning. Arbitrarily, once they're pubescent, then the gender/sex divisions can start -just like weight divisions.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 am

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 am

Steve James wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Steve, I think this is a girl transitioning to a boy and is therefore on steroids (IINM). I get the part about getting better, but if these are kids getting scouted for scholarships, that's not fair. If someone wants to make that decision, I obviously don't have a problem with it, but this is one area where self-sacrifices will need to be made.

When it comes to scholarships, it's the school that should decide. I didn't hear about the specific case except that it was "boy (?) beats girl." The transitioning issue is too complex for me. But, the steroids, imo, should prohibit the athlete's participation.

I think girls and boys should compete against each other from the beginning. Arbitrarily, once they're pubescent, then the gender/sex divisions can start -just like weight divisions.

Btw, a movie will be on Netflix about a girl who joined the boy's wrestling team. I think it's called "First Match," and it comes out in a week. If she's allowed, does that mean that boys should be allowed to do the same? Maybe there should just be a belt system. Rousey's (as just one example) has a black belt; and, iinm, there's not a different ranking system for women. Wasnt't there a famous female judoka who passed away not too long ago? At any rate, with rankings, only issues of weight classifications would matter.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Bill wrote:Image

The draft dodger has balls?

That is called trumpion logic.

Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:29 am

Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That