Xinyidao in Seattle, WA

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Xinyidao in Seattle, WA

Postby nianfong on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:27 am

silatboy, I believe your IP has already been banned, but if you ever get back on, let me tell you this. none of us really claim to be "the experts" in any martial arts. We are just a bunch of guys who love what we do and happen to be cool with each other. since you're not cool with us, you don't need to be here. you're banned. have a nice life.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:00 am

silatboy, I believe your IP has already been banned, but if you ever get back on, let me tell you this. none of us really claim to be "the experts" in any martial arts. We are just a bunch of guys who love what we do and happen to be cool with each other. since you're not cool with us, you don't need to be here. you're banned. have a nice life.

QFT
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby TaichiMantis on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:24 am

Yikes!

...haven't been back in awhile but there's still drama on 'ole ef. Jake was just relaying information. If it made said teacher look bad, so be it. Jake won't sugar coat anything, he's pretty blunt (yeah, I've had my feathers ruffled a few times). But he also doesn't put stuff out there just to trash people. I've met Jake and would agree he's a solid martial artist and all-around good guy. The only good way to make a decision on whether or not to study with a certain teacher is to meet him/her in person, ask questions and observe his teaching methods/behavior for yourself.

Jackie
Image Life is a bowl of cherry fu...
TaichiMantis
Mingjing

Postby xXZetaBrownXx on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:21 pm

TaichiMantis wrote:Yikes!

...haven't been back in awhile but there's still drama on 'ole ef. Jake was just relaying information. If it made said teacher look bad, so be it. Jake won't sugar coat anything, he's pretty blunt (yeah, I've had my feathers ruffled a few times). But he also doesn't put stuff out there just to trash people. I've met Jake and would agree he's a solid martial artist and all-around good guy. The only good way to make a decision on whether or not to study with a certain teacher is to meet him/her in person, ask questions and observe his teaching methods/behavior for yourself.

Jackie

hello all,
i think the last sentence of this quote is the best thing i"ve read on this tread and i agree with it to the utmost.
i think it also applies to all this "shit talking", which is 2nd or 3rd hand information.
i train with the seattle xingyidao camp and have for the past 3yrs, and can honestly say that jakes name has NEVER been brought up in class.
so as to you thinking so jake, your getting 2nd hand information...
so, if you ain't heard it from the horses mouth... it might not be true.
best regards to all,
xXZetaBrownXx
Santi

Postby Coach DAi on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Hmmm.

alias Dai-BoXeR aKa Bronze Tiger
CLUB XINYIDAO http://www.myspace.com/clubxyd
Coach DAi
Santi

Postby nianfong on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:18 am

I agree with Tom about keeping private communications private. Jake, please try to refrain from stirring up public shit. You could just as easily contact the requester in private for this. Or let the requester figure out things for himself.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Kurt Robbins on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Is it really stirring things up.
I like the administrators here. I have been here for two years now and have really enjoyed this site and how it is run. Personally I appreciate hearing honest experiances and opinions. I have had many problems with teachers in the past and honest opinions helped me evaluate what was best for me. We should be able to give our opinions, experiances and evaluations without worry of repremand. SilatBoy was banned for a reason. If not Jake then someone or something else probably would have set him off. I think your dumping this on Jake for the wrong reasons and really feel there was no wrong done on his part. Personal experiance was pointed out not slander or name calling, for which is a big difference. I think the moderators do a fanominal job here and I personlly appreciate this forum and how it's run.
just my two cents
Kurt Robbins
Huajing

Postby JAB on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Been absent a couple days because my IP got banned (accidently) along with the Boy's.

I appreciate the kind words of those of you who understand my point. To the rest of you.... well.... I will try to be nice.
Look I shared my experience. Frank admitted to me that he did say such things, so what the fuck do you all want. I am happy I have not been brought up in class (keep in mind the events I speak of happened a year ago if not more).
I am not stirring up shit for the fun of it. I have nothing personal against Frank. He thinks my shit sucks; fine. He does not want anyone mentioning his name in a positive light; fine. But when it is requested I am going to share my experience. It is not to say that my experience is represenative of Franks overall attitude (I would hope it isn't). It is not to say that if someone goes and trains with him that they would not find a great teacher; I hope that is the case! It is simply my experience. It is not something Suzy told me at third period intermission.
If you do not like it, that is okay with me.
Cheers
Jake
JAB

Postby Coach DAi on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:26 am

Hmmmm. Some dudes just dont click. Period. Doesnt mean others wont. Best left at that. I respect you Jake and Frank is my brother whom Im sworn to and will always support. Lets move on with our training and lives. Respex.
Last edited by Coach DAi on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

alias Dai-BoXeR aKa Bronze Tiger
CLUB XINYIDAO http://www.myspace.com/clubxyd
Coach DAi
Santi

Postby xingyiguy on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:49 am

Posted with permission from Frank Wong :

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to post this on the forum, where this discussion is occurring.

There was a private, verbal conversation between myself and a student claiming to be a student of Jake Burroughs.
What was said was certainly much more diplomatic than what is being stated here.
This student was denied admittance to my class, and his invitation to practice with us was revoked.

There were private email exchanges between Jake Burroughs and myself.
Jake Burroughs has never spoken to me verbally.
I am not going to go into the details of those private emails.

There has never been any public discussions, nor public ridicule of any teachers in my class.

I have never admitted to saying anything specific about Jake Burroughs nor any other teacher.

If people want to know what kind of teacher I am, they are welcome to apply for admission to my class.
We do have quarterly workshops for new students.
We encourage sincere, honest students, with good character and integrity to apply.

Students looking for my teaching references may contact Master Li, Mark Li,
and my gong fu brothers, of which a few are on the internet ; Alvin Chew, Forrest Chang, Sudan Jeffers, and Dan Reagan.

Also, a few of my students may post on the internet.
They have been told to be courteous and respectful of other martial artists and their practices.

I wish people reading this good luck and good health in their martial arts practice.

These will be my first, only, and last comments on this matter.

Yours respectfully,

Frank Wong
xingyiguy
Santi

Postby nianfong on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:54 am

for those that are looking for references, Regan = beegs
nianfong
Administrator

Previous

Return to Been There Done That