S.N.O.T.

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: S.N.O.T.

Postby klonk on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:52 pm

Forty years after the fact I was reunited with the girl I should have married. I passed by her in the street, didn't recognize her, but she pointed and said all three of my names, so I could not very well deny it.

She hugged me right there and told me all about her life and both her children. She married a policeman and became a doctor. She told me all about her children and then went into an expensive shop.

She never once asked how I had been, or what I had been doing. I conclude that "what might have been" is a grammatical error. What might have been, already was.

What could have happened, already did.
Last edited by klonk on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:40 am

that's some deep thing there.
Areios
Wuji

Postby river rider on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:05 am

When you are wrong, forgiveness is possible... when you are right, you will never be forgiven.

The solution to most of the worst personal problems is to identify the solution you like least, and do it.
river rider
Anjing

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:08 pm

When I'm right, no one remembers; when I'm wrong, no one forgets! :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:10 pm

When arguing with your spouse, if you are right: Apologize at once!
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Toe clips on a bike add to your range and efficiency. The idea is you can turn the crank on the upstroke, and some of the muscles are the same used in ankle and shin kicks.

Speaking of which: Tough guys often do not know that they can be taken out of a fight with a curb-level kick. So they aren't looking out for it.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:42 pm

In sport fighting formats, there are always some techniques outlawed in the rule book. Some of these are good techniques to evaluate for self defense potential. If something is considered an unfair practice, it might be just the thing in a defense situation.

I was looking at the taekwondo rules earlier. I have emphasized the points I mean.

Penalties

There are two types of penalties, a warning penalty (kyong-go) or a deduction penalty (gam-jeom). Two warnings or one deduction will result in the loss of one point. A deduction of three points will result in the offending competitor being disqualified.

Kyong-go or warning penalties include:

Grabbing, pushing or holding your opponent
Intentionally crossing the alert line (see Competition Area)
Avoiding your opponent by turning your back
Leaving the competition area
Intentionally falling down
Attacking with the knee
Feigning injury
Offensive language
Punching your opponents face with your fist or hands
Intentionally attacking the groin.
Intentionally stomping on or kicking the foot or leg of your opponent

Gam-Jeom or deduction penalties include:

Intentionally attacking an opponent who has fallen
Intentionally attacking your opponent after the referee has called for a break
Intentionally attacking the back of the head of your opponent
Throwing an opponent
Head butting
Severely attacking and punching the face of your opponent with your fist or hands
Crossing the boundary line
Violent or extreme behavior or speech

Other sport fighting formats have other restrictions, and in like manner, some of them are actually good ideas.
Last edited by klonk on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 pm

If you want to get laid, keep your bathroom clean i.e. no pubes on the toilet bowl, no piss stains, no limescale in the sink and shower, no plaque on the mirror.
Actually, just keep it clean anyway, for quality of life.

"You wasted $150,000 on an education you could have got for a buck fifty in late charges at the public library." -Matt Damon's character in Good Will Hunting
Ian

Postby roger hao on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 am

Partners help each other undress before sex.

However, after sex, they always dress on their own.

Moral of the story: In life, no one helps you once you're screwed.
roger hao

Postby roger hao on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 am

Money cannot buy happiness, but it’s more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than on a bicycle
roger hao

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again.
roger hao

Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then neither does milk.
roger hao

Postby Michael on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Roger, did you just open a bag of fortune cookies?
Michael

Postby klonk on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 pm

A New York Egg Cream contains neither egg nor cream. That is all you need to know about New York City. Awready.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm

roger hao wrote:Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then neither does milk.

Try cleaning small fine machine threads with milk.
klonk
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That