Images from Dr. Stephen Yan

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Images from Dr. Stephen Yan

Postby stephen yan on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:45 am

Yuen-Ming wrote:
stephen yan wrote:
Yuen-Ming wrote:i always let other person type for me ,as i spent most of my time in training and research

You'd better use your time typing then, as your time spent on "research" is wasted :P

Good luck, Mr. Right !

YM

sounds like you. ;) ;)
stephen yan
Huajing

Postby king-kong on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:10 am

Been There Done That
The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense. :o

There is a way to intelligently debate these arguments and counter arguements without it descending into cheap personal shots, :'( spiral of nonsense indeed.
Last edited by king-kong on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
king-kong
Mingjing

Postby Yuen-Ming on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:15 am

king-kong wrote:There is a way to intelligently debate these arguments and counter arguements without it descending into cheap personal shots, :'( spiral of nonsense indeed.

Shots and funny pics have been added only because we were already in BTDT.

An intelligent debate is possible only among intelligent people, when one starts to talk all with and by himself BTDT is the natural course of things :)

YM
Yuen-Ming
Huajing

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:08 am

Yuen-Ming wrote:"An intelligent debate is possible only among intelligent people...."

Yuen-Ming:

Since I don't believe that anyone here lacks intelligence, I would rephrase your comment to say that a productive debate is possible only among reasonable people. ;)

Anything less merely deteriorates into an argument in which one or more of the debaters is unwilling to see any point of view other than their own, and is thus unable to compromise in any way regarding any issue. ::)

And that's been pretty much the case on this thread, and on the previous locked thread, wouldn't you agree? :-\

Doc
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Yuen-Ming on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:09 am

Intelligent rephrasing thou I like it better when you come straight with your *appropriate_pic-fu* :)

Thanks

YM
Yuen-Ming
Huajing

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Yuen-Ming wrote:Intelligent rephrasing, though I like it better when you come straight with your *appropriate_pic-fu* :)

You mean like these?

Doc ;D
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That