Is Jan Diepersloot Dead?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Is Jan Diepersloot Dead?

Postby Laughing Tiger on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:59 pm

I think it was around 2008, on his website, warriorsofstillness.com , Diepersloot annouced the soon coming realease of his third book "Warriors of Perception". I liked his first two books so I began to periodically check the website for the publication date. That was, as stated earlier, back in 2008. After five years of the website never changing unanswered emails, Though I really don't care bout the book so much anymore, I got to ask the question. Dose anyone know; Is this guy dead, in jail, a resthome. Update your website. Take it down completely. He really needs to do something. Maybe he's A hardcore taoist who take the statement litterally. "Do nothing and Nothing will be undone".
Laughing Tiger
Santi

Re: Is Jan Diepersloot Dead?

Postby chud on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:29 am

It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a web site if you don't update it.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 am

Maybe to fill a screaming void in our collective value system, our community had breathed into hypothetical existence the conception of the perfect fighter who embodies an incompatible combination of extreme traits that no human could experience at the same time without going mad, and included in that conception, as a safety mechanism, is the trait of a ghostly reclusivity so that he is never present to shatter our image of what we need him to be.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 am

Is that from the gun kata oath of allegiance in "Equilibrium" (2002) with Christian Bale?
Michael

Postby Bill on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:49 pm

No, just something I copied a while ago and was waiting for a chance to use it.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby yieldingxxx on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Actually, about 2 years ago I think it was, Jan finally replied to my email telling me the book would be available soon but haven't seen or heard anything of him since then. Still hasn't come out afaik.
yieldingxxx
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Bill wrote:No, just something I copied a while ago and was waiting for a chance to use it.

well played sir
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Bill wrote:Maybe to fill a screaming void in our collective value system, our community had breathed into hypothetical existence the conception of the perfect fighter who embodies an incompatible combination of extreme traits that no human could experience at the same time without going mad, and included in that conception, as a safety mechanism, is the trait of a ghostly reclusivity so that he is never present to shatter our image of what we need him to be.

Nice! What's not to like?

The Invincible Mystical Hermit Ghost Recon Warrior Monk who, of course, when looked for cannot be seen, when listened for cannot be heard, and when reached for cannot be touched!

Ya gotta love it. That's what I wanna be when I grow up. ;)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Latest info-updated Sept 2012

Tai Chi/Qigong Instructor
Jan Diepersloot
Jan Diepersloot has been studying the meditative martial arts, since 1975. His teachers have been among the best known and most respected in the field, including Fong Ha, Han Xingyuan, Yu Penxi, Cai Songfang. and Sam Tam. He has been teaching the internal martial arts since 1981, and is the founder and Director of Qi Works in Walnut Creek, California. His Warriors of Stillness books have become classics in the field.

You can find out more about Warriors of Stillness at Jan's website
Please note: you must contact Jan at 925 906 9534 for information about his classes and fees. Water Lily class cards do not apply to any of Jan's classes and payment for his classes must be made directly to him.
Water Lily Studio
2940 Camino Diablo Suite 200
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
925-849-7198
www.waterlilystudio.org
[email protected]
These web pages are maintained by [email protected] Bug reports, outdated links and comments are appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page information updated 3 September 2012 and subject to change without notice. All product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:08 pm

Jan's new book "Masters of Perception" is in print.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Laughing Tiger on Wed May 07, 2014 10:04 am

Fwiw; My opinion, the book is a piece of crap. The guy is all over the place; Nueorolgy, psycholgy, physiology, with little or nothing to do with zhan zhuang or IMA. As a matter of fact most of the stuff was pulled from other books. Fifteen years in the making... Bullshit!!! I bet it didn't take 15 days to throw this crap together.
Laughing Tiger
Santi

Postby Taste of Death on Wed May 07, 2014 11:53 am

Laughing Tiger wrote:Fwiw; My opinion, the book is a piece of crap. The guy is all over the place; Nueorolgy, psycholgy, physiology, with little or nothing to do with zhan zhuang or IMA. As a matter of fact most of the stuff was pulled from other books. Fifteen years in the making... Bullshit!!! I bet it didn't take 15 days to throw this crap together.

Jan doesn't have "it" so he doesn't understand what he's writing about. If it's not a quote from one of the masters he writes about then it should be disregarded.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Laughing Tiger on Wed May 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Loved his first two books. But this one was a total stinker...
I guess that's why I was so disappointed with this one.
Laughing Tiger
Santi

Postby Dale Dugas on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:27 pm

I thought he was writing a baguazhang book.

Maybe Dong Hai Chuan was resurrected and had a talk with him.....
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Laughing Tiger wrote:Fwiw; My opinion, the book is a piece of crap. The guy is all over the place; Nueorolgy, psycholgy, physiology, with little or nothing to do with zhan zhuang or IMA. As a matter of fact most of the stuff was pulled from other books. Fifteen years in the making... Bullshit!!! I bet it didn't take 15 days to throw this crap together.

I like his book concept of explanation of the elements of zhanzhaung in its essence.
As a book, it did what it was purported to do and that is to give an all round expositon but again,. the actual skill is 'limited' and 'rare' only because it is rarely taught.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Next

Return to Been There Done That