An explanation???

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: An explanation???

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:42 pm

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm

go here and trace back.

Many of the sources are weak. Gerald Massey as the source on Egyptology? Laughable.
That's like Helena Blavatsky being the source on investment practices. :p
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:44 pm

This one linked from somewhere on the site is better: http://blip.tv/file/306082/
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:58 pm

While I don't disagree with the assessments made by the architects and engineers for 911 truth, I do not agree with the makers of zeitgeist who took a tragedy and created obfuscation from it in a frat boy way which causes more damage to the ideas being perpetuated by the ae911truth people, Gage in particular.

the dynamics of power haven't changed, but the base power of the American society has been seriously compromised under the governance of the Bush dynasty.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Darth - what do you mean by "base power"?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:That's like Helena Blavatsky being the source on investment practices. :p

I'm pretty sure the 33rd Bank of Theosophy is buried deep within the bailout bill and will emerge soon with a lovely, golden dawn over Congress.
Last edited by Michael on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby I-mon on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:55 pm

I found zeitgeist highly entertaining, and thought provoking. i put off watching it for many many months because it was forwarded to me by several of my not very skeptical hippy friends. it's obviously a piece of propaganda.

i admit that i want to believe in diabolical global conspiracies, ancient secret societies, 2012 prophecies, supernatural beings, psychic powers, etc. it's my nature.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby chud on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:Not solid at all. This was discussed on the old forum, to me it is BTDT.

Yeah, I seem to remember there was a multi-page thread on this some time ago. No point in rehashing it, IMHO.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:33 pm

everything wrote:Darth - what do you mean by "base power"?

The people friend, the people. Same people as in "we the people" which apparently G.W Bush respectfully disagrees with at every turn. Lest they agree with his view and veto.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That