ninjutsu for women's self defense[ground grappling]

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: ninjutsu for women's self defense[ground grappling]

Postby XinKuzi on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:30 am

The double leg takedown defense is wrong. She's just hopping back while remaining completely vertical. She is basically uprooting herself, and leaving her hips, legs, center, wide open for a determined attacker to grab. I thought you did some Shuai jiao? Why not use some of that in this situation?

I still don't understand forcing a self-defense class into a "ninjutsu" framework.

I agree with everyone else's criticisms.

Since she's just learning these techniques, you might not have to go full-out. However, you should at least be doing the attacks correctly. If you move slowly but correctly, then she will have to respond correctly for the technique to work. Right now, that's not happening, so I don't see the point of what you're doing.
XinKuzi
Great Old One

Postby wiz cool c on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14 pm

you see how ninjutsu is better for women's self defense then internal arts. in the internal arts you spend long hours doing solo training with little to no contact. one assumes his superior root will prevent him from going to the ground. in my own personal experience, i myself having studied tai chi and bagua maybe close to ten years,also having studied judo,sombo and bjj and a black belt in ninjutsu and a push hands champion. had a former manager a 5 degree black belt in an eclectic style jump me from behind, he ended up in my open guard and i arm barred him,till the fight was broken up.

if a crazed attacker goes at a little lady to attack her, most likely he wont be do a perfect olympic style single or double leg take down;] and if a guy goes to beat a lady,chances are he wont get in a perfect boxer stance a throw a jab cross upper cut combo on her.
wiz cool c
Mingjing

Postby RobP2 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:58 am

wiz cool c wrote:if a crazed attacker goes at a little lady to attack her, most likely he wont be do a perfect olympic style single or double leg take down;] and if a guy goes to beat a lady,chances are he wont get in a perfect boxer stance a throw a jab cross upper cut combo on her.

Chances also are he won't fall on the floor when a lady puts two hands on his upper back and pushes down a bit. Chances are he will be in faster than the lady can react with a technique as she is working reaction rather than action. Chances are unless she has studied adrenaline dump she will freeze in fear. Chances would be improved with some decent training. Chances are she is in the wrong place
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Patrick on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:00 am

Also the lady will never get the attacker of her when she is mounted, unless the attacker is a small child.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby AllanF on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:14 am

wiz cool c wrote:you see how ninjutsu is better for women's self defense then internal arts. in the internal arts you spend long hours doing solo training with little to no contact. one assumes his superior root will prevent him from going to the ground. in my own personal experience, i myself having studied tai chi and bagua maybe close to ten years,also having studied judo,sombo and bjj and a black belt in ninjutsu and a push hands champion. had a former manager a 5 degree black belt in an eclectic style jump me from behind, he ended up in my open guard and i arm barred him,till the fight was broken up.

if a crazed attacker goes at a little lady to attack her, most likely he wont be do a perfect olympic style single or double leg take down;] and if a guy goes to beat a lady,chances are he wont get in a perfect boxer stance a throw a jab cross upper cut combo on her.

Ignoring the bizarre logic there for a moment, and the clear issues you have with CIMA - makes me wonder why you are posting on a CIMA forum, however - And just addressing the last paragraph:

A crazed or predatory attack on a woman will most likely involve grabbing and dragging a woman off to a 2nd location. Men also will grab the hair of a woman as it offers an easy way to control and dominate the smaller woman. If you want to teach "women's self-defense" i am surprised you haven't shown anything to deal with this from day 1. What we have seen for all its problems would be better suited to a man in a mutual combat situation.
Last edited by AllanF on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllanF

Postby wiz cool c on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:37 am

Chances also are he won't fall on the floor when a lady puts two hands on his upper back and pushes down a bit. Chances are he will be in faster than the lady can react with a technique as she is working reaction rather than action. Chances are unless she has studied adrenaline dump she will freeze in fear. Chances would be improved with some decent training. Chances are she is in the wrong place[/quote]

shows how much you know about contact. you don't even know the difference between a push and a double handed smack with both hands using your whole body to the base of the skull. if you don't know, why not just keep your mouth shut. and these are training tools. not this move only for this situation
Last edited by wiz cool c on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiz cool c
Mingjing

Postby Sean on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:47 am

Wiz,
Your amazing skills are seconded only by your sterling personality.
Sean
Wuji

Postby wiz cool c on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:47 am

Patrick wrote:Also the lady will never get the attacker of her when she is mounted, unless the attacker is a small child.

my old sombo teacher thought that move wouldn't work and i used it on him and got him off me. i used it in judo class too. it could work if she does it right
wiz cool c
Mingjing

Postby wiz cool c on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:53 am

Sean wrote:Wiz,
Your amazing skills are seconded only by your sterling personality.

i can deal with that ;)
wiz cool c
Mingjing

Postby RobP2 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:56 am

wiz cool c wrote:shows how much you knarf aboeet contarct. you don't eben now the difference between a pusht and aaaa double handed SMARK with both hands using your hole to the the skull. if yar din't know, why not jast keep your MOOTH shut. and these are tootle tools. not this mobbebblelblrotwheeppbongalong

Seriously - get some help, the problem is you not the techniques
Last edited by RobP2 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby wiz cool c on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:15 am

RobP2 wrote:
wiz cool c wrote:shows how much you knarf aboeet contarct. you don't eben now the difference between a pusht and aaaa double handed SMARK with both hands using your hole to the the skull. if yar din't know, why not jast keep your MOOTH shut. and these are tootle tools. not this mobbebblelblrotwheeppbongalong

Seriously - get some help, the problem is you not the techniques

you are the one who needs help dude, you need attention so bad,cause your life is so useless that you need to change'my words' to get attention, that is truly sick. maybe cause i live in china,make commercial and write articles. train with masters here. have a documentary film being made about my life. write songs for ufc fighters.... you are a little jealous hehe
wiz cool c
Mingjing

Postby RobP2 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:17 am

wiz cool c wrote:
you are the one who needs help dude, you need attention so bad,cause your life is so useless that you need to change'my words' to get attention, that is truly sick. maybe cause i live in china,make commercial and write articles. train with masters here. have a documentary film being made about my life. write songs for ufc fighters.... you are a little jealous hehe

Thanks for proving my point
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby wiz cool c on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:19 am

so you agree your life is useless and you are jealosu,right
wiz cool c
Mingjing

Postby Patrick on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:22 am

I am sorry, but it must have been a terrible judo or sambo practioner if you got out that easily. But whatever nothing wont change your delusion de grandeur. You seem to have real issues you need to work on and I am saying that with compassion.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby wiz cool c on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:28 am

flame on, wounder twins activate, form of an ice bucket,form of an eagle
wiz cool c
Mingjing

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That