The Russians are coming.

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The Russians are coming.

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Last year, Russia surprised the world by seizing control of Crimea. When the Russian parliament voted on this military action, there was only one dissenting voice – Ilya Ponomarev. Now, living in the United States, barred from returning home, Ponomarev has continued his political participation in absentia.

http://www.worldaffairs.org/media-libra ... W0zYcvn-BY

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xYdKRYfEAHg
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:57 am

Russia vetoes bid to set up tribunal for downed flight MH17

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSK ... 9?irpc=932
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:11 am

Russian not coming,
actually they came already to help Assad,
right now
officially , with Obama blessing ... :D
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:27 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:31 pm

wiesiek wrote:Russian not coming,
actually they came already to help Assad,
right now
officially , with Obama blessing ... :D

There are definitely are not going to be sending in anymore tanks for awhile.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H5IBtiYXN7E
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Azer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:12 am

Hmm... I wonder where those terrorists got that TOW from...
"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:25 am

To be honest I feel sorry for these Russians they are going pay with their lives and limbs all for nothing, just more casualties in what will be a forgotten war.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Azer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:53 am

grzegorz wrote:It definitely made the Russians cut and run in Afghanistan looks like history will repeat itself again.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=gX7jWGoXPv4[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=gX7jWGoXPv4

History is already repeating itself, as before, funding and supplying the taliban and training ''rebels'' I. E. al qaeda.

I'm sure this lot of terrorists will work out much better though. If not, can always ask the head chopping wahhabi strategic and long term partners to send some fresh meat.

grzegorz wrote:To be honest I feel sorry for these Russians they are going pay with their lives and limbs all for nothing, just more casualties in what will be a forgotten war.

It doesn't look like they need your sympathy.
"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:58 am

Well I was actually in the military and have seen the effects of P TSD first hand from survivors of war and to be honest I can't imagine what keeps them from just committing suicide as so many do since everyday is just an emotional nightmare.

My sympathies have nothing to do you but the realities of war. So I give those men my sympathies dispite whatever emotions you want to send my way I have much more in common with those men than you will ever have.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:07 pm

No sympathy, huh? Tell that three Russian families...

Telegraph.co.uk

NEWS
'First Russia casualties' killed fighting alongside government forces in Syria

Why does Russia support Syria's Bashar al-Assad?

By Roland Oliphant, Moscow
8:14PM BST 20 Oct 2015
Three Russians were killed when shelling hit their positions near Latakia, according to pro-Syrian government military sources

Three Russians fighting alongside government forces have been killed in Syria, it was reported on Tuesday, in what would be the first Russian casualties since Moscow’s intervention in the war there began three weeks ago.

Pro-Syrian government military sources said three Russians were killed when shelling hit their positions near Latakia on Tuesday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a monitoring group, said.

Rami Abdulrahman, who heads the British-based observatory, said about 20 Russians were stationed at a position near Nabi Younis where the three were killed.

He said he believed that the casualties were volunteers fighting alongside Syrian forces, rather than regular Russian servicemen.

Syrian opponents stage a missile attack against Hemeimeem military airport which is currently used by Russian military in Lattakia
Syrian opponents stage a missile attack against Hemeimeem military airport which is currently used by Russian military in Lattakia Getty Images/Anadolu Agency
The Russian ministry of defence did not respond to requests to comment on Tuesday night. The Russian embassy in Damascus said it had no knowledge of the reported deaths.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ruslan Leviev, a blogger who tracks Russian military activity in Ukraine and Syria, said his sources were unable to confirm the reports as of Tuesday evening.

The deaths, if confirmed, are the first Russian casualties since Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, ordered Russian aircraft into action over Syria three weeks ago.

Mr Putin has publicly ruled out committing Russian ground troops in Syria, and the Kremlin has said no steps are being taken to deploy volunteer forces.

Observers have speculated that the Kremlin may seek to bolster Assad’s army, which after four years of war is low on manpower, with deniable “volunteers” similar to those that fought in east Ukraine on the side of pro-Russian separatists.

A photograph posted on Twitter purporting to be of the victims showed half a dozen men in camouflage posing with Kalashnikov assault rifles.

The United States and Russia on Tuesday signed a memorandum for boosting safety between their air forces in missions over Syria, Russian news agencies quoted a deputy defence minister, Anatoly Antonov, as saying.

"The memorandum contains a number of rules and restrictions aimed at preventing incidents between American and Russian plans," Mr Antonov said, according to Ria-Novosti.

Peter Cook, Pentagon press secretary, said the document was signed earlier in the day and took immediate effect.

"There's a series of protocols in place that effectively are intended to avoid any sort of risk of a mid-air incident between our air crews and Russian air crews," Cook said.

"If they follow these protocols, we should not have the risk of engagement with Russian air crews over Syria."

The news of casualties comes as Syrian forces backed by Russian air power and Iranian troops and fighters from Hizbollah pressed on with offensives on several fronts, including near Aleppo and Damascus.

There were also battles between pro-regime forces and rebels, including Jabhat al-Nusra, the al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria, north-east of Latakia, the heartland of the minority Alawite community that is the bedrock of the regime.

A rebel advance on Latakia is believed to have been one of the triggers for Russian intervention. The Russian naval base in Syria is on the coast in the town of Tartous, south of Latakia, and the region is considered vital to both the regime and its backers.

Russian aircraft hit 60 targets belonging to Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) and Jabhat al-Nusra, in the latest round of air strikes, the ministry said in its daily briefing on Tuesday.

The Latakia-based force has conducted roughly 750 air strikes since the campaign began 20 days ago, Maj Gen Igor Konashenko, a ministry spokesman, said.

RELATED ARTICLES
Why does Russia support Assad?

PROMOTED STORIES
China military buildup: Think tank warns of threat to US forces in Asia
China military buildup: Think tank warns of threat to US forces in Asia (Nikkei Asian Review)

When Lions Attack A Croc, This Is What Happens
When Lions Attack A Croc, This Is What Happens (ViralSmash)
A popular new site reveals the truth about anyone's past. Simply enter name and state to see what is available online. What will you learn today?
A popular new site reveals the truth about anyone's past. Simply enter name and state to see what is available online. What will you learn today? (Instant Checkmate)

A new DNA editing technique could soon help design babies
A new DNA editing technique could soon help design babies (The Economist)
Colorado movie gunman James Holmes assaulted by fellow prisoner
Colorado movie gunman James Holmes assaulted by fellow prisoner (Channel NewsAsia)

Can Donald Trump Make America Great Again? Vote Here.
Can Donald Trump Make America Great Again? Vote Here. (Newsmax.com)
Too posh to push: globally C-sections are rising. But why?
Too posh to push: globally C-sections are rising. But why? (The Economist)

Here Are the Historic Landmarks That Have Been Destroyed in the Syrian War
Here Are the Historic Landmarks That Have Been Destroyed in the Syrian War (Destination Tips)
Recommended by
TELEGRAPH SPONSORED
Inheritance tax quiz
Inheritance tax quiz

China's Super Structures in pictures
China's Super Structures in pictures
Recommended by
TOP NEWS GALLERIES
The world's most expensive boarding schools

Top 10 best value prep schools

Jiaxin Tan of China performs on the Vault during the 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships at the 46th FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships in Glasgow. Pictures of the day

Peel back the layers under a London street and you'll discover a haunting, dreamlike world of hand-laid brick sewers, forgotten tube stations and World War II evacuation shelters. For the book 'Subterranean London: Cracking the Capital' Bradley L. Garrett worked with explorers to collect an astonishing array of images documenting forbidden infiltrations into the secret bowels of the city. Above, the River Effra, which is mainly underground: It was thought that a coffin found floating in the Thames in the Victorian era had been carried by the Effra from West Norwood Cemetery Subterranean London

Put down roots in cider country

Jane Austen, Homer Simpson, Dorothy Parker, Orson Welles and Wood Allen 40 quotes about life (for a pessimist)

40 optimistic quotes

Terrible estate agent photographs

The world's scariest places The world's 25 scariest places

Animal photos of the week

HomeFootballVideoFantasy FootballUK NewsSportWorld NewsRugby World CupCommentCricketPoliticsTennisFinanceLifestyleCultureWomenTravelMenTechnologyFashionPersonal FinanceLuxuryObituariesCars
Dating Jobs Shop
VIEW DESKTOP VERSION
Contact us
Terms and conditions
Privacy Policy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Syria.html
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Azer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Not many networks put their credibility on the line covering this, only the few particularly russophobic ones. Considering there has been no evidence (see a pattern here?), and that the source is usually a lone individual based in Coventry, the Syrian Observatory fellow. It's pretty laughable and frankly surprising they even bother, but I suppose it attracts the sort whose prejudices it supports.
Azer
Wuji

Postby Azer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:39 pm

grzegorz wrote:Well I was actually in the military and have seen the effects of P TSD first hand from survivors of war and to be honest I can't imagine what keeps them from just committing suicide as so many do since everyday is just an emotional nightmare.

My sympathies have nothing to do you but the realities of war. So I give those men my sympathies dispite whatever emotions you want to send my way I have much more in common with those men than you will ever have.

Considering you know next to nothing about me, it's a pretty asinine and ignorant comment to make. It is of course not surprising, theres a good 100+ pages of such ignorance here.

And no, I don't think any Russian wants your duplicitous and hypocritical sympathy, you have made it very clear whose side your on. Save your sympathy for your pet terrorists.
Azer
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:12 pm

You mad bro?
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Azer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:02 pm

grzegorz wrote:You mad bro?

No, it's called logic. Heard of it?
Azer
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:00 pm

War sucks and anyone who understands logic already knows that, veteran or otherwise.

There is no glory in any of this shit, just more dead bodies both civilian and otherwise.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That