The Russians are coming.

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The Russians are coming.

Postby chud on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:21 pm

chud
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:47 pm

We're having a discussion here. You are free to join us but no more memes please.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Hey G, I agree that cartoons are not the same as conversation. Otoh, imo, you can learn a lot about America from its cartoon history. Anyway, the love fest of admiration that Putin is getting is interesting to discuss on its own. Putin's portrayed as the cool chess player in contrast to Obama the weak checker player. Of course, this is probably a more appropriate comparison of Russians to Americans, in fact. But, that's part of the fascination about the contradictions.

For ex., are they really painting Obama as the fascist war monger to Putin, the democratic liberator? Do they really think that what Putin is doing is cool? If so, why won't just come out and say so? Are they saying that Putin wouldn't have done this if there were another American president? Ahem, there's a history of him doing just this. What's surprising is that there is any reaction at all from this side.

Obama being the subject rather than Putin is typical American ideology. Putin is portrayed as anti-Obama, so he's a good guy. I think it's funny that Putin would win a popularity contest on FOX news if there were a poll.

Watch Jon Stewart's take. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stewart-rips ... se-people/
Watch part 2. It's great. If you can find it on the youtube, post it.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:38 pm

I agree, it is interesting. Since Benghazi turned out to be nothing and the Obamacare is working out just fine, especially in States that didn't resist it the FOX viewer now loves Putin because they hate Obama.

I don't mind political cartoons, but two from one poster seems like enough considering that we already have a political cartoons thread.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:47 pm

A tricky aspect which is yet to be properly raised or debated is that this intervention has probably saved lives and stopped the country degenerating into a divisive and brutal ethnic civil war, a la The Balkan conflicts of the 1990s. If we consider the human as the referent object for security instead of the state, as the United Nations would like us to do (at least when it suits the United States to do so, eg Libya not Syria) then it could be argued that Putin is just exercising the Responsibility to Protect (R2P) and thus his actions are wholly in line with United Nations policy and objectives. Consider how many Syrians have so far died in their Civil War, how many Libyans, how many Iraqis, how many Afghans, and how many 'Yugoslavians'?

http://gavinelhall.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... esman.html
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:11 pm

A tricky aspect which is yet to be properly raised or debated is that this intervention has probably saved lives and stopped the country degenerating into a divisive and brutal ethnic civil war, a la The Balkan conflicts of the 1990s.

It would make more sense to argue from the perspective of atrocities that have happened rather than those that may happen. Nobody could argue against evidence of conflict within the Crimea, where the intervention is. Iinm, most of the unrest was in Kiev and the larger Ukraine. So, the argument must be that civil war must be prevented there, too.

Secondly, are we sure that the intervention will not cause a civil war? But, suppose it prevents one, is the author of the blog arguing that Russia should intervene or support intervention in Syria? There have also been claims of anti-Jewish and anti-Russian sentiment led by Ukrainian fascists. Then again, apparently all the media outlets in Crimea are now Russian controlled. So, we'll know what they tell us.

Still, the love shown Putin is something we can discuss first hand :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:28 pm

grzegorz wrote:I'm just glad Bush and Cheney are out of office because they would respond to Putin by invading Iran.

For the record, the Bush admin spent about $500 MILLION USD on various destabilzation campaigns inside Iran, including terrorist operations, and that figure was by 2005.

According to Seymour Hersh, Cheney had 12 plans for instigating a war with Iran, including a false flag option of putting US Navy Seals in boats made to look like Iranian Navy and then the US Navy Seals would attack US Navy ships with live ammunition and blame it on the Iranians as a pretext for war.

So Greg, I think you're 100% correct.

Just to throw one more thing in there, Bush discussed disguising a US spy plane, the U2, as a UN aid plane, and then shooting it down over Iraq and blaming Saddam. Eventually, they just decided to invade for even less substantial reasons.

Not that things have really changed much since Bush/Cheney, just the methods. The goals are still the same, but Obama did choose not to escalate the Syrian war, so that's a plus for him, us, everyone.
Michael

Postby gzregorz on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Steve James wrote:Palin will say that she could see this coming from Alaska.

Sure enough Steve.

Palin has taken center stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JYPVOSLQ7M

Posted only for the sake of multiple opinions, that is opinions the corporate media wants us to buy into.
Last edited by gzregorz on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Sorry, I got 9 seconds into it and realized that life is too short. Her first words are how "Sen. Obama" reacted to the invasion of Georgia. Of ffs, George Bush was President then. So, even though watching Hannity and Palin would be good comedy relief, I think I'll watch the latest episode of 'Banshee.'

All I can say is that if anyone should have been criticized for the invasion of Georgia, it should have been Putin. Same goes for now, and for the next President. What a concept.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:41 pm

In the end I think Patin played his hand and I hope anyway that nothing more will happen.

Seems to me all he's done in the end is strength the Ukrainian desire to break from Russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvds2AIiWLA

Can you blame them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiw0fw_sJOk
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:47 am

I think Putin is losing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiKF8JN1qmk

Good to see RT reporters standing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHYUPbnSs_0
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:17 pm

couple of US F16 and 300 service staff will come to Poland this week..
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:16 pm

The US Navy is also in the Black Sea.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 am

/exactly 12 F-16 to Łasko base/
it is not very big fire power but..
AVACS will start tomorrow flays over Poland and Romania from Albion base.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:45 am

Steve James wrote:Sorry, I got 9 seconds into it and realized that life is too short. Her first words are how "Sen. Obama" reacted to the invasion of Georgia. Of ffs, George Bush was President then. So, even though watching Hannity and Palin would be good comedy relief, I think I'll watch the latest episode of 'Banshee.'

All I can say is that if anyone should have been criticized for the invasion of Georgia, it should have been Putin. Same goes for now, and for the next President. What a concept.

In plain sight but it beez like dat! That 's how dey do! Interesting that the US citizenry does not pick up on those type of 'forked tongue' scenarios so it means that you can fool most people all the time, if you repeat the same lie enough times it will become a belief and even a religion.
Banshee is the Show.
Last edited by yeniseri on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That