Israels fake history..?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Israels fake history..

Postby emptycloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:09 am

I like Finkelstein's delivery. Off to find his work in the local library.

http://youtu.be/BchxN2Y9NIk

Rich
emptycloud

Re: Israels fake history..?

Postby Michael on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:32 am

I've seen some of Finkelstein before, not too much, but at least he stays on topic.
Michael

Postby emptycloud on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:00 pm

for years and years I have actively supported the arts at the Edinburgh festival. I have often enjoyed Israeli artists contribution to the worlds biggest arts festival. Usually I go with the wife to watch Israeli dance. It was heavily disrupted last year by Palestinian supporters which was annoying. This year the wife and I cannot stomach going to watch any Israeli artists do their thing.

Are we now anti semitic..?

http://youtu.be/Ip_jB1q8gCU

Rich
Last edited by emptycloud on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

Postby Dajenarit on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:25 am

Last edited by Dajenarit on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:51 am

Not anti-Semitic. Just a pussy.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:51 am

Why is that?
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby emptycloud on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:29 am

Peacedog wrote:Not anti-Semitic. Just a pussy.

That's the second time today I have been called that... :)
Last edited by emptycloud on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

Postby meeks on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:15 pm

hmmm.... got bored tonight and decided to read this thread for the first time. I see absolutely nothing that eludes to the use of the terms 'racists', 'anti-semitic', 'hatred', 'ignorance and hate-mongering', 'rubbish' from the video. The only thing I see is that it references Jews and casts a different light (not necessarily negative) on the origins of certain groups and how they do not fall under the term Semite, based on historical origins background research (although some groups still may). Sadly, as usual, any time someone posts something about people of Jewish decent that doesn't include reverence or sympathy is attacked as 'this tripe should be deleted ASAP!'.

I'm actually simply reading this whole thing as a person of Scottish descent who is neither opinionated or affected by it either way. I'm just trying to read this from a middle ground from outside the arena and therefore do not get all up in arms when someone poses a question or alternative viewpoint about 'Jewish 'happenings'. Am I ignorant? Not really. I'm just unbiased. I agree with Finny's comment of 'not to be a dick but it doesn't sound like hate mongering to me'. It actually entices me to read further into the backgrounds to find my own truths (or sift through each side's rendition of 'truth') and to become more informed rather than simply consume what's spoon fed to me in Grade 9 history class... you know, the same teachings that said 'we fought in Vietnam to stop the threat of communism' (whatever the hell THAT is supposed to mean) rather than teaching us 'we fought in Vietnam so that France could stay in control of the rubber plant industry they had usurped from the Vietnamese living there'. I find it healthy to read outside of what our government feeds us to keep us feeling 'in the know'.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Dajenarit on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am

That's what half the people on the thread were trying to say but you can see how the other threads talking about Israel are going. Any potential discussion was/is killed in the womb so to speak.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:48 am

watch out D! :)
-you are talkin` about chosen one -bolt-

1st was the holocaust,
and from this time - only good news about blessed directly,
or
you get Nazi-rawJeweater- label at once .
This is stupid media course,
no nations has only bright bricks in the history wall, or only sages and heroes in their tribe, ...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby meeks on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:03 am

so what is it about the people that were slamming it to us admins about the need for it to be moved or deleted as a hatred post? Why such animosity for pointing out these possibilities?
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby wiesiek on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:15 am

- over-hyper-duper-uper - sensitivity ?
- brain flat ?
or
weak somewhere.

anyway,
fact is ,that you will never please everyone ,
regardless of the action taken :)
but
here, you don`t need to afraid the guillotine for no reading/answering the threads.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:18 pm

meeks wrote:so what is it about the people that were slamming it to us admins about the need for it to be moved or deleted as a hatred post? Why such animosity for pointing out these possibilities?

It's a tabu topic.
Michael

Postby Interloper on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:31 pm

No, it's not taboo. I wouldn't mind an even-handed discussion that involves education about both sides of the question. But we're not starting out on even footing; rather, it starts with a false premise about Jews... Something no one ever says about pretty much any other ethnic group in the world, as though Jews are some sort of supernatural species that can be treated differently than any other people.

It's that people believe the bullshit that is spread by those whose sole mission is to de-legitimize not just Israel, but the Jews as an entire ethno-religious people and culture of the Middle East. There are those who still believe that "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" is for realz, too. ::) When the discussions here devolve to that level, they have no place in an ordinary forum because they are driven by thinly veiled and perhaps subconscious hatred and bigotry, or, at the very least, extreme ignorance (from which hatred and bigotry come).
Last edited by Interloper on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:58 pm

I hear what you're saying for sure, Interloper, but why don't you try and discuss it with Ian? He posted some information and seems to be willing to have a respectful discourse. That's how it appears to me, anyway.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That