Special Skills / Abilities Of Kung Fu

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Special Skills / Abilities Of Kung Fu

Postby Silent Screaming on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi guys, just interested in knowing what unusual skills you have heard of or come across i.e. light body skill, iron body / palm, ive heard of strikes where the surface is undamaged yet organs etc are damaged, dim mak etc. Also opinions etc regarding the various skills that happen to come up
Silent Screaming
Santi

Re: Special Skills / Abilities Of Kung Fu

Postby edededed on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:10 pm

They are all out there, if you are lucky enough to find them.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:38 pm

I think you'd be more than hard pressed to find ''true'' light body skill as you often hear about, even so much as being able to jump up onto a second story (not even looking for half flying type stuff).

But hell if its out there you let me know, I'd gladly retract my thoughts.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:00 am

I think the most incredible martial arts move I ever saw was "Troll Tests Waters with Big Toe on Public Forum." Bonus points awarded for cramming three mysterious powers into a single sentence. Would have thought only Obama was that slick :)

So I guess you're trying to build a call list for your new MA cult? No, you want to create a call list that you can sell? Good idea, but wrong forum.

EDIT: Before anyone thinks I'm being mean to the new guy, his point blank, out of context, out of the blue asking about special MA powers is a proven way to find out who is gullible and susceptible to being recruited for a cult. It's from the Cult Leader's Handbook. MA Cult 101.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Silent Screaming on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 am

no way, im genuinely interested, obviously not for special powers, but that i often hear about such skills, but if anyone has ever experienced them (interested like joe L. if they can demo i would be keen to come have a look if they would oblige me), and im really thinking how it happens in terms of movement / physiology etc (im just as interested in biomechanics, strategy etc, just to throw something else out there)
Last edited by Silent Screaming on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silent Screaming
Santi

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:31 pm

I've trained in Iron skill for more than a decade.
It's mostly progressive development of attributes through use of slow methodical training.
Nothing too special about it except that it takes a long time and has results that set you apart from other human beings.

But then, your average ring fighter is very different from your average dude walking the streets.
Just being a martial artist puts you into a tiny tiny tiny minority of tinyness.
Special in and of itself, if you commit to the practice.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Dale Dugas has some seriously good iron palm material. I'm practicing his method.
Chris Fleming

Postby blacksheep on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:31 pm

edededed wrote:They are all out there, if you are lucky enough to find them.

yes i think your right
blacksheep

Postby klonk on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:32 pm

There are perhaps a billion people with better gongfu than me. None of them can fly, or, to be honest, I have not seen them fly. Neither has anyone else, which is why people go to see that in movies. Uhh.. I'm famous for answering the question you didn't ask; is that close enough?
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby MarcusR on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:03 am

Well,

I do understand if you guys don't believe me.

A very close friend of mine trained under master Billy Felder(or Felding?), a member of the circle of masters group. I once went to one of the classes. After class Master felder told us the story of one of his senior students, a muslim brotha who has trained in 2 very rare African arts. Bando and Khuba (something?) Ghume. Apparently he went to prison for killing a guy who tried to rob him at gun point at Eastside Park Paterson, NJ. He did not flinch as he took the pistol away from the robber. Then proceeded to pistol whip him in the face to death.
(But here is the unbelievable part.)
He did some serious time in jail for this offense. Apparently he used this time by training harder. He came out a free man. He had no desire to get into trouble or anything like that. But a couple of months down the road, coincidently, the muslim guy was robbed again. As the crackhead tried to attack him first, he jabbed his knife shaped hand into the guys stomach lining and tore out his partially intact spleen(strategically). The muslim guy was sent to life in prison for this 2nd offense.
The only way to validate this story for myself, is that after Master Felder(ing???) finished the story(of course after a multitude of questions later), he gave me the complete name of the guy and basically pointed out that if I didnt believe it, I could visit the muslim guy in prison. Being that the place was a 5 minute drive.
Oh yeah, and also taught me one of the main training methods in attaining this supposedly internal skill or method. I never tried it but have always been daring to practice and see for myself.
Sorry for any misspellings and/or run-ons. I work late shifts. You know how that goes. Peace. Marcus
MarcusR
Santi

Postby shock and awe on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:02 am

i don't know how much of an internal skill that is... i suppose you could get some ballistic gel like myth busters or something and try it out. Just make your fingers wrist and strike stronger. If you can't go through a person you'll atleast have some skill just from the excercises. Then hope you dont use it cause you could end up goin away.. :(
shock and awe

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:58 am

the first palm strike technique "shaking palm" that Park Bok nam teaches in his Pakuachang is pretty devastating. Lu shuai tien taught a farmer the technique. years later when they met again- the farmer showed Lu how much he practiced it. the farmer struck one of his sheep with the palm strike in the ribs and the animal was dead the next day.
neijia_boxer

Postby blacksheep on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 am

neijia_boxer wrote:the first palm strike technique "shaking palm" that Park Bok nam teaches in his Pakuachang is pretty devastating. Lu shuai tien taught a farmer the technique. years later when they met again- the farmer showed Lu how much he practiced it. the farmer struck one of his sheep with the palm strike in the ribs and the animal was dead the next day.

interesting story.

but it is against buddhism ,bad karma
blacksheep

Postby ParryPerson on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:23 am

neijia_boxer wrote:the first palm strike technique "shaking palm" that Park Bok nam teaches in his Pakuachang is pretty devastating. Lu shuai tien taught a farmer the technique. years later when they met again- the farmer showed Lu how much he practiced it. the farmer struck one of his sheep with the palm strike in the ribs and the animal was dead the next day.

Nothing like beating the hell out of a sheep for true martial art power testing.

Is this the honest story?
Discuss internal martial arts on IRC! Channel: #internalarts Server: EFnet
Myspace Baguazhang Group! http://groups.myspace.com/pakua
ParryPerson
Anjing

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:29 am

I love this thread! LOL ;D

I just can't help but wonder why it is that so many of these guys with supposedly 'special skills' and 'magical powers' aren't able to get rid of their big bellies or grow hair on their heads? ??? Go figure. -shrug-

But what do I know? Appearances are oftentimes very deceiving. ;)

Doc
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Next

Return to Been There Done That