this is not about Aikido

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Aikido

Postby WVMark on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Ah Louis wrote:Yes. I find his posting style and attitude to be argumentatively bullying. I think that is because there is no CV (grade, teacher, lineage, practice time, background or other qualification). It fits the mold of the professional conservative political commentator or talking head like Ann Coulter. Pro political agitators that have never held an office or a background in politics. Fanboys flock to these type of people, admiring and even worshiping them as people and for their bullying argument skills.

Arguing on the net using bullying tactics shows cleverness. If you think about it. Bullying on the net is a great way to attract loyal fanboys to your seminars/audience. I say seminar because it doesn't work as well with having a brick and mortar class. Net marketing is very powerful, and bring the product to the disenfranchised customer in small markets makes better financial sense. It is up there with direct marketing models.

Some people really admire and side with a bully because it show a type of strength they lack. A type of strength is to be defensive about a CV saying it is worthless. A blanket statement defaming everyone from traditional arts to MMA who have a legitimate CV, including the fanboys who have a CV. And the fanboys are blind to that fact and insult, or in serious denial.

Net bullies and those who follow them have no interest in having a real discussion on martial arts with others outside their group. They just want to intimidate, agitate and attack others as a show of a type of primitive strength. One that is very attractive to the disenfranchise potential fanboy. Yes, it irritating and annoying to have them jack a thread and attack posters. It is easy to tell someone they suck and they don't know what they are taking about. Especially when the accuser is refraining from any disclosure of background information, and offers nothing except distractions. It is easy to see the bully has been cherry picking other martial arts, and alternative and ancient medicine when selling their goods.

The clever bully attacks anyone who doesn't agree or challenges him, usually posting once or twice. The group is then signaled to attack. The group then takes over the attack which is a way they can share in the bully's power. A power the group admires, but can't have. They can only share in it. The clever bully works the fanboys to his advantage. He knows his power really lays in others willingness and desire for power. The entrepreneurial clever bully does the same thing, having the added benefit of using the bully strategy as a marketing strategy too to gain more business for martial arts instruction. This bully needs a fresh supply of hungry fanboys wanting the Holy Grail given to them to keep the business going. Because the information the bully sells isn't enough or good enough to retain fanboys for long. He sure in hell isn't going to hand over the Holy Grail, otherwise the bully would like the group the bully needs to feed his power.

Yes, the whole thing is irritating and annoying. You can't have a decent conversation or offer information without being jacked; told you suck and don't know what your talking about. The bully and his crew don't want to discuss anything, they are here to work they game. It is one huge reason so many boards are no longer existing. People have gotten sick of it and turned to other social networks en mass to have decent discussions. Bullies can't work their game in places like Facebook.

I left your whole post because it indicates your entire contribution to this thread. Nowhere is there anything related to the content or the conversation about aikido. You have contributed almost nothing regarding the topic, have stated you know little about aikido, and have pretty much gone on and on with character attacks. Can you add anything to the discussion besides that? And if we're going to go by your rules, please post your CV before contributing, because you set that requirement. You keep talking about a CV, your CV, yet you haven't given it. Where is your CV? Rank? Teachers? Styles? Years of training? Where?
WVMark
Huajing

Postby WVMark on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Ah Louis wrote:Isn't that the bottom line? If you tested it in the field and had positive results? That is experience isn't it, and hard to argue that. Sure people can throw mud or heckle the art, but if it saved your butt, it did its job. What more needs to be said.

Umm, well, where's his CV? On the one hand, you keep asking for a CV, a paper trail of training. Then on the other hand, as noted in this post, experience is really the bottom line. First it's CV is important. Then it's experience is important. All the while you still haven't posted anything regarding the topic, except to say that you have little experience with aikido. Oh, and FWIW, I'm not talking to you. I'm just pointing out all your irregularities and lack of experience on the subject so that the people who are reading this thread know how little to place on your posts.
WVMark
Huajing

Postby mrlizard123 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:37 pm

What year is this? We've gone back in time!
https://youtu.be/RpcXv_ra65M
Feels like centuries at least...
mrlizard123
Santi

Postby AlexF on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:30 am

[quote]
Excuse me, but I was talking to Dan. I have asked him about his martial arts CV (teachers, styles etc.) in order to qualify/justify his demeaning posting style. He has not provided me with any of that information.

I would be very interested in who taught him naginata? He has a video clip that is titled naginata. I don't know why such information is so protected and guarded, and very hard to get, if at all. Why some people are so strongly adamant and defensive about giving it, confuses me.

I will end it here. Some people want to talk Aikido. I will respect their wish. Dan, you can PM me the information.[/quote]

Wow, I will allow you to send me your CV.....eh delusional :o .
For ANYONE else, I would suggest taking a polar opposite approach on how to approach someone with skill in any field. A little research on Dan will come up with the same results. Highly skilled and able to teach and do, nice friendly guy...this is by those who have actually met and trained with Dan. Those who haven't seem to conclude that he is rude, brash blah blah. Mmmmmm

Forget Dan, if your interested in the material then the above is how NOT to get someone on side and be willing to show you what they do let alone teach you. Dan or anybody else is not obligated to divulge anything to anyone, let alone a stranger online.
Speaking to those that can hear what Im saying, I would suggest an introductory email, you know making a connection with the person you are curious about, then progress from there. Demanding they send you their CV for your approval :-\ Wow
Last edited by AlexF on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexF
Santi

Postby middleway on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:39 am

This thread has gone full retard.

Some time ago I realized that your martial CV is rarely relevant and that the really good guys... the ones more interested in obtaining skill rather than arguing about it .... in this world have often already surpassed their teachers and, i suspect, their teachers teachers.

Truth is only realized when contact is made.

cheers
Last edited by middleway on Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Marko on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:26 am

AlexF wrote:
Excuse me, but I was talking to Dan. I have asked him about his martial arts CV (teachers, styles etc.) in order to qualify/justify his demeaning posting style. He has not provided me with any of that information.

I would be very interested in who taught him naginata? He has a video clip that is titled naginata. I don't know why such information is so protected and guarded, and very hard to get, if at all. Why some people are so strongly adamant and defensive about giving it, confuses me.

I will end it here. Some people want to talk Aikido. I will respect their wish. Dan, you can PM me the information.[/quote]

Wow, I will allow you to send me your CV.....eh delusional :o .
For ANYONE else, I would suggest taking a polar opposite approach on how to approach someone with skill in any field. A little research on Dan will come up with the same results. Highly skilled and able to teach and do, nice friendly guy...this is by those who have actually met and trained with Dan. Those who haven't seem to conclude that he is rude, brash blah blah. Mmmmmm

Forget Dan, if your interested in the material then the above is how NOT to get someone on side and be willing to show you what they do let alone teach you. Dan or anybody else is not obligated to divulge anything to anyone, let alone a stranger online.
Speaking to those that can hear what Im saying, I would suggest an introductory email, you know making a connection with the person you are curious about, then progress from there. Demanding they send you their CV for your approval :-\ Wow

+1

I'd say this is best advice for any situation where you are interested in information on someone.
Marko
Anjing

Postby GrahamB on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:50 am

I'm pretty good with google, and I failed to find the information ???

I did find a few interesting comments from Mike Sigman about Dan though!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby xxxxx on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:11 am

and with that last straw, off to the pit you go!
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Postby lazyboxer on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:09 am

I used to think that wanking made you blind.

Now I realize that simply being a wanker is enough.
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:44 am

lazyboxer wrote:I used to think that wanking made you blind.

Now I realize that simply being a wanker is enough.

Well, that was pretty mean. Well done. I hope you're proud of yourself, and that you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby lazyboxer on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 am

Not aimed at you! You must have accidentally intercepted it. Merry Xmas to you too!
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:26 am

That's the problem with indiscriminate bombing - collateral damage :)
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby lazyboxer on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:48 am

;)
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby Ah Louis on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:16 am

Finny wrote:Ah Louis - you're far more likely to get a decent answer with honey, rather than vinegar.. if I may strain the metaphor

Dan also has a background in Tenshin Shoden Katori Shintoryu.

Some teachers are not public, which means their students are unable to be public with their details, while honoring the teacher's wishes. FWIW

Some of you suggested I do a Google search on Dan to get his background. I did, and this is what I came up with. Now if anyone one wants to provide me anyother links, I will look at them. There is nothing on Dan's webpage about his training background. Here are the links I found so far.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthrea ... 287&page=8
The only thing I found on Tenshin Shoden Katori Shintoryu is here related to Dan. But there is no mention of him training or ranked in Tenshin Shoden Katori Shintoryu. For the Daito ryu is the only thing I found. Let me add to that I was told from a Daito ryu admin official they have no records of membership or ranking of Dan in Daito ryu. Anymore info would be appreciated. I am only looking at facts of his training.

http://esotericorange.com/yoseishin/aik ... ackground/
This is from Mr. Orange's CV. I don't know Mr. Orange, he came up in the search.
"Dan Harden with background in the Horikawa line."

Dan, what is the Horikawa line?

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums ... p?t=100732
And this also came up in the search, but it gives no background training on Dan. It too asks about his background.

This is what is on the net besides lots of advertising for seminars over the years on a many other boards, I found so far. If you are going to do public seminars and post them on the net, why would you be private with your training background? I am open to Dan telling me what his training background (a.k.a CV). I don't see why I should chase it down on the net? I think he would be proud of his training, he is proud of what he teaches. :)
Last edited by Ah Louis on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ah Louis

Postby littlepanda on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:38 am

Kodo Horikawa, Founder of Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Kodokai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8H4Fi43pPw

littlepanda
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That