Kua Movement

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Kua Movement

Postby Bodywork on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:27 am

Ah Louis wrote:Confucius said, "a picture is worth a thousand words." The internet gives that a whole new meaning.

I wish there was an accurate and full translation of what the master is saying in the original video. I am grateful to the poster who had provided some translation. Such an abstract topic is open to a great amount of speculation and opinion, making difficult to tell whose comments have matched up correctly to what is being taught and expressed in the video, and who is spot on with their critique of the video.

Just an idea.

It's not abstract, John. It is specific and detailed. It is most certainly explicable. It is just hard to do well. There are advanced people showing kua and discussing it, as well as Master class guys such as; Chen Yu, He Jin Bao, CXW, Wang hai jun, LCD and LCG, WPS, SAM Chin, LXD,even CZH, just to name a few. while it is on video, Both myself and my guys have had detailed and specific discussions with them about movement...the answers were the same.

These things are in your art as well as in your teacher.
You were just never taught them.
You would have to be legitimately taught
By a legitimate teacher
Who was legitimately teaching you
In a legitimate way. ;)
You have seniors who know as well
Ask your Sensei sometime.. Sensei, what Does aiki being "body type"...mean?
See if you get an answer and lengthy description.
You won't
Last edited by Bodywork on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby Bodywork on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:31 am

shawnsegler wrote:Sigman? Oh that guy....I'm not sure if anyone remembers what I think of him...

S

Ask Graham what his new mentor, Mike has said over and over about the entire membership of RSF?
That is, until he "saves" them and they come into the light and follow him..
Bodywork

Postby Ah Louis on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:07 am

Bodywork wrote:
Ah Louis wrote:Confucius said, "a picture is worth a thousand words." The internet gives that a whole new meaning.

I wish there was an accurate and full translation of what the master is saying in the original video. I am grateful to the poster who had provided some translation. Such an abstract topic is open to a great amount of speculation and opinion, making difficult to tell whose comments have matched up correctly to what is being taught and expressed in the video, and who is spot on with their critique of the video.

Just an idea.

It's not abstract, John. It is specific and detailed. It is most certainly explicable. It is just hard to do well. There are more advanced people then Mike, showing kua and discussing it, as well as Master class guys such as; Chen Yu, He Jin Bao, CXW, Wang hai jun, LCD and LCG, WPS, SAM Chin, LXD,even CZH, just to name a few. while it is on video, Both myself and my guys have had detailed and specific discussions with them about movement...the answers were the same.

These things are in your art as well as in your teacher.
You were just never taught them.
You would have to be legitimately taught
By a legitimate teacher
Who was legitimately teaching you
In a legitimate way. ;)
You have seniors who know as well
Ask your Sensei sometime.. Sensei, what Does aiki being "body type"...mean?
See if you get an answer and lengthy description.
You won't

Kindly sir am confuse with part of your response, have we ever had the pleasure of meeting? To kindly clear up any misunderstanding of my comment, it was simply related to the thread and only the thread wishing for an English translation on the ideas presented in the video. The video is an abstract, it presents ideas. Here is the problem with such videos, everyone sees a picture differently, as well as interprets it, not everyone can be right. This makes it difficult for the unlettered reader in the area of Kua to secure accurate information through the numerous responses and their complexity. Therefore, an narrative by the author (in this case a translation) is imperative to the video provides a concrete explanation of what is being done. Then using the narrative as a guide to the responses that would follow would be something very helpful. A little sorting doesn't hurt.
Last edited by Ah Louis on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ah Louis

Postby Marko on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:55 am

I agree that it would be great to have a translation of what Xue Bin is saying. It's always good to hear what is being explained.

However, as ors already said, Xue Bin isn't discussing that in the clip, so I don't think his explanation would help much. That said, the fact that he is explaining something else, doesn't mean he has suddenly stopped using his kuas. The usage or the lack of it are obvious at around 0.20 as Ed indicated in the OP.
Marko
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:16 pm

Bodywork wrote:
shawnsegler wrote:Sigman? Oh that guy....I'm not sure if anyone remembers what I think of him...

S

Ask Graham what his new mentor, Mike has said over and over about the entire membership of RSF?
That is, until he "saves" them and they come into the light and follow him..

EDIT-

So, actually I'm trying...really trying to stop taking these completely justified opportunity's to launch a screed against someone who's done plenty to deserve it.....because it's just not worth the amount of increase in my blood pressure...so on that note...it's well known what I think of Sigman. If people want to feast on what he's offering up then more power to them all for the joy they get from it.

Namaste to all the sentient beings...

S

EDIT -
Last edited by shawnsegler on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:48 pm

Come on man, tell people how you really feel. ;D
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby PshanATL on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:22 am

The Best Secrets Keep Themselves
[url]uprankagency.com[/url]
PshanATL
Santi

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:33 am

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:57 am

Exactly

Good for you man 8-)
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Beautiful, guys :)

G - who is only here for the group therapy.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Don't get me started...he's not here and that's fine by me.

Not desiring rage is no endorsement...and certainly nothing meant friendly.

That has nothing to do with young Graham. He's welcome to do what he will, I just hope that he uses protection and doesn't get his heart broken.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:15 am

-joint- @ bodywork,
would you take care to point out - what is wrong on drawings in yusuf post?
drawings aren`t Leonardo quality, for sure, but anatomically decent .
maybe DT should be lower little beat, floating like bob, submersed in the kua surface.
What`s more Dan?
stating simply : ..."wrong" doesn`t allow to sums up livable conclusion.
Drawings are nice platform to show clearly your point/s/,
this way - internet discussion may end with fruitful results,
rare beast! -violin-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:55 am

shawnsegler wrote:Don't get me started...he's not here and that's fine by me.

Not desiring rage is no endorsement...and certainly nothing meant friendly.

That has nothing to do with young Graham. He's welcome to do what he will, I just hope that he uses protection and doesn't get his heart broken.

S

Sigh...
You can be polite and I respect that, but Sigman has used his groups and forum for character assassination of many teachers over the years. Offering damning and unsupported statements about many teachers that could be successfully litigated were people disposed to do so. He doesn't realise his own forum members send those comments to the teachers themselves as they think Mike's forum being used for that is repugnant. He has publicly threatened to sue me and anyone who hosted me over what he claims is proprietary information (which he otherwise agrees and argues constantly....is taught everywhere). It's all very weird. I sent him, (and following my lawyers advice) the teachers who hosted me, a response from my attorney (who specializes and litigates copywrite and trademark law), telling him we will subpoena everything he has ever written or filmed and the content of his entire forum, to compare it to the public record written, spoken or in video, of known teaching models and then compare it to mine and see what is in fact, proprietary, then counter sue for damages. I told him if he wanted to fuck with me, things would get very serious, very fast.
The results? Let's just say the professional community did not like reading his public threats of litigation. Several teachers turned their backs to him.

I have shared his correspondence with me, with some very highly ranked traditional teachers who were shocked. Mike's private rhetoric, is like reading an angry high school boy's thoughts: lashing out indiscriminately with strings of expletives, insults, childish taunts, and threats amidst what I can only describe as what feels like a sort of paranoid construct in which he lives. It stands in sharp contrast to what he publicly presents
Mike has never understood the wisdom in supporting others efforts, and the essential core of his very own, well known public argument; THAT THIS STUFF IS EVERYWHERE IN THE ASIAN ARTS. :-\ ::)
He somehow thinks he owns it.
Amidst the thousands of teachers world wide teaching various internal components, of varying skill levels, Mike's claim to an aikido Shihan that "Only four or five people in the world know what I know! And they are all in China!" stands for itself, as a desperate a bid for attention and acknowledgement. Beyond the very bizarre nature of the statement. The statement itself defies it's own merits as a claim.
Anyhooo....
That Graham supports that kind of person, says something about, Graham. He is just another student, being used by him to start drama. I called it instantly and I was correct. They follow him for a while till they realize the limits of what he knows and what many already see. Which most eventually do. His circles never last, people leave or are thrown out for disagreeing and he restarts. It's very weird to watch.
Personally, I don't care what he does. I've seen him move. As I stated. You couldn't pay me to move like him I teach against his movement, and he argues I don't know what I am doing. So, his claims that I am copying him is all rather strange and bizarre and ironically, absurd. He is traoped within his own twisted, paranoid vision.
Oh well.
Last edited by Bodywork on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bodywork

Postby Bhassler on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:27 am

Last edited by Bhassler on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:13 am

Well, thanks everybody for the concern about me, but I'm fine thanks. :)

B - I think Dan and Mike are different. I'm not a student of Mike's or anything. He doesn't have students. The only person who bullies even the mods over here, or is talking to lawyers, is Dan. As usual - you just have to read this thread. It's all there for people with eyes to see it. What have I actually said that invites such venom from him? Nothing. I've just asked him questions he finds inconvenient and has refused to answer (again). In contrast MIke will answer any question you ask him. You don't have to agree with his answer, but at least you get one.

I read this article recently about gaslighting and it struck a chord:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/donald-t ... e2e3d7ee82

I think a lot of people on this forum are just ganging up on the side of the biggest bully in the playground.

Good luck in your training :)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That