Brussels

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Brussels

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Steve James wrote:Yep, it's my style. You definitely espouse bigoted; you just don't like the term because you believe the views are right. I.e., you argue that you're right about "them" as a group. Then, you just search for any link or site that supports your view. I'm not making this up. Maybe you have a different definition of bigotry, and that's ok. And, maybe I'm wrong, and you'd never approve or act upon those views. I dunno. That's why I asked (i.e., started this thread) asking people for their suggested solutions.

Actually I dont believe my views are right, I do believe they are supported by fact and current events.

My answer was and is that until some basic foundations are established as to what and why these things happen, any answer given
would tend to miss the obvious and not really address the question.

as far as "bigotry"

Polished Muslim pundits in the West are fond of using the word 'bigot' to describe critics of Islam, but they are rarely challenged on their own view of the Quran. What does the book they claim to be the literal and eternal word of Allah really say about non-Muslims?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages ... -hate.aspx

FWIW: I don believe I've criticized it. It's not my intent. I do feel that as a belief system until some major reforms are made within itself by those who follow it.
It will tend to be used by those who use it for their own ends.

all though this thread you've never really acknowledged any point even from fist hand accounts.
Its your thread, if you want an echo chamber be my guest.

Contrary to how some try to paint me,
I question what is written and change when I find
my own view points to be in error.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:33 pm

I dont believe my views are right, I do believe they are supported by fact and current events.

That would make no difference as far as bigotry is concerned. But, you're trying to make a distinction without a difference. You wouldn't say that your views are "wrong" or "not right," only that ... current events show that they're right.

Only until this is addressed I dont see a way that any one would be able to take a reasonable approach.

So, you don't see how anyone could be reasonable. Ok. Can reasonable people act unreasonably? Are you trying to convince people to act that way? Cuz, in my mind, unreasonably means anything goes. I think terrorists act unreasonably. Anyway, I'd bet you'd say that any suggestion you made would be reasonable, iyo. Right?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:51 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jimmy
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:47 pm

^^ awesome
8-)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:37 pm

So true!

Was in Sweden last year and the immigrants (the many) refuse to adapt to their new homeland. Sweden has tried its best to show itself as a model of civility but when people spit in your face. they need to take a hike go back to where they came from if their new place of origin is so unfair (as they claim). There were a few metro lines I took when there and was I surprised that there were no Swedes amongst the immigrants going to this one stop. When I got to the end of the line, I realized why many people stay away. There are not signs saying one does not go there, but for the principle of safety and caution, no Swede would go to those areas! Just calling it as I see it. Sweden is a beautiful country!

looks like you might have been lucky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSbgxChQAhQ
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:43 pm

wonder what the doctor has to say about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_aj61dJS8
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:03 pm

windwalker wrote:wonder what the doctor has to say about it?

Wow. Posting this trash just shows who you are. In the context of this conversation, posting a video calling migrants animals etc is really out of line. What absolute trash. Taking things out of context and saying "you can't reason with *these people.*" I have said it before, but you are a racist bigot. Or, are you going to tell us "these aren't your opinions," and that "you're just posting facts?" :P

There is some really nasty stuff being posted around here lately.

"The more queer we become, the more we will be pushed around."

Really nasty hate speech being posted here.

"Punch them in the temple, make their brain be swimming, strap on some steel toed boots and when they hit the ground, stomp a mud-hole in them. Unconscious."
Last edited by Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:18 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:26 pm

jimmy wrote:

Yes, people who play into the hands of hate are sheeple. And Christians who do it aren't Christ like.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
windwalker wrote:wonder what the doctor has to say about it?

Wow. Posting this trash just shows who you are. In the context of this conversation, posting a video calling migrants animals etc is really out of line. What absolute trash. Taking things out of context and saying "you can't reason with *these people.*" I have said it before, but you are a racist bigot. Or, are you going to tell us "these aren't your opinions," and that "you're just posting facts?" :P

There is some really nasty stuff being posted around here lately.

"The more queer we become, the more we will be pushed around."

Really nasty hate speech being posted here.

"Punch them in the temple, make their brain be swimming, strap on some steel toed boots and when they hit the ground, stomp a mud-hole in them. Unconscious."

I thought he was funny over the top, and no I dont agree with some of the things he said but he made some good points echoed in the first clip.

As for being a "racist bigot" I do find it also very funny considering my own history and back ground.

It would have been better for you to express your view point about the what the "doctor" said but you choose to
attack me...with "labels" very typical I must say coming from you not un expected.

What I've noted here is any attempt to have a discussion tends to end up in personal attacks when
nothing coherent can be presented.

it is odd but not unexpected....carry on
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:34 pm

i hate this shit so fucking bad. that's my sin, i guess...
jimmy
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:23 pm

To have a discussion, it is helpful if everyone uses his or her own words and says what he or she thinks. It is not merely presenting opposing points of view. Then, it's always better if one actually believes what he or she is saying is true (and even right and good, but this is the internet, after all). Otherwise, it can be a waste of time, unless the subject's important.

Afa being called a racist bigot, well, I think racist is used way too loosely most of the time. To me, true racists have capital and power and are intelligently trying to disadvantage members of another race. So, unless someone can hire me, they can only be prejudiced; and that's fine with me as long as they're peaceful.

Anyway, it's interesting how many people cry about "political correctness," but whine if they're called a name. Mind you, not a racial, ethnic, religious or other type of epithet. Bigotry just describes the way a person holds on to his ideas about others, particularly toward other groups, but toward anyone who disagrees with his opinions about them. It doesn't mean that person is bad. That would only depends on how he or she acts on those beliefs. Archie Bunker is the classic example. A pure bigot, but also a stand up guy who'd never go along with the people who'd act on his bigotry. Now, if I talk about White people in a certain way, that's bigotry. I'll leave at dat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZYPSyfsulg
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:21 pm

I agree to a point. Many of the topics you post I find interesting, insightful, sometimes having a very different perspective then my own.
No problem with it, as it provides a contrast for me to examine my own view points.

What I dont find helpful

what I wrote :Only until this is addressed I dont see a way that any one would be able to take a reasonable approach.

your response:
So, you don't see how anyone could be reasonable. Ok. Can reasonable people act unreasonably? Are you trying to convince people to act that way? Cuz, in my mind, unreasonably means anything goes. I think terrorists act unreasonably. Anyway, I'd bet you'd say that any suggestion you made would be reasonable, iyo. Right?

"only until this is addressed"

meaning until a basic understanding is either agreed on or acknowledged " I don't see a way that any one would be able to take a reasonable approach"
Not to imply that some one else could not do so, only that "I" dont see how one would.

Conversely I dont think the terrorists act unreasonably given the ideology they follow. I would say its rather expected.
They come from places where what they do now is an everyday occurrence.
We can agree or disagree with this which most of the posting seems to be about.

My point would be to take away what the terriost use to justify their actions by.
This from my reading can only come from the larger communities who indirectly support
it by not voicing any actions until after the fact. As in the Brussels event....

Added to the confusion what is called state sponsored terrorist the bad guys,,,,and the good guys we support in the eyes of some not much difference both are sponsored by state actors.

The company I work in is 90% Vietnamese. I strongly disagreed with the actions taken by the US gov in our name during the war, even though I did join the military as it ended.
In talking with some at times about the war, I often find my self on the other side of it supporting the Vietnamese while they are very supportive of the US and hate the Communist with
a passion. Their view points are interesting in many aspects.
I mention this as an example of my way of understanding different view points helping to shape my own.

Having said this I will remind myself not post on your topics, to much distraction .
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:24 am

Steve, killing our own kind with no fuckin` mercy- is the pure human attitude.
Nothing change thru the millennia.
ah, well
we even made the >ART< from it..., and hey, this is MA site :)

to add some spice and food for chewing:
from time, when Denmark acclaimed: 0 social money for the new emigrants, -
no one declared Denmark as the destination country .
Now, Sweden is takin` back 1/2 of their "standard" social payments, and guess what happening...

Egypt alone has more "lookin` for better live" than we have citizens of the Germany, for example. Even if you put "cultural and terrorists" things a side, Europe simply is not capable to accommodate them.
But
recently population from the South decide move their arses to North side of the planet.
Unfortunately, we have very limited space.
When Europe started exported white man to the America, was already pretty crowded ...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:04 pm

Steve, killing our own kind with no fuckin` mercy- is the pure human attitude.
Nothing change thru the millennia.

I agree that humans have an extraordinary ability to be inhumane toward each other, and that they'll probably never change. I just don't believe that we have to be that way, or that it's inevitable to happen when different peoples coexist. I don't even mind hating "some" people; I just don't agree with hating "a group" --except pedophiles, rapists, etc.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That