Brian and Dan's excellent philosophical discussion

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Brian and Dan's excellent philosophical discussion

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:12 pm

So, this is your view?

Prejudging an individual by their group identity (or presumed group identity) is not only unethical, it is blatantly irrational, since group identity reveals absolutely nothing about a person. Every individual should be judged only on the basis of their own words and deeds.

I think that's just what's happening, except all there are are words. Your group identity wasn't an issue. Your statements about a group (who always take over when they reach a certain number, etc) were criticized.

This is classic gas-lighting though. (Yeah, I know. It's me. I'm the one doing the gas-lighting. I've never said any of this).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:To be clear, I was the one who called you a racist bigot. Steve has a very narrow definition of racist, which I think also still includes anyone who votes (as that action, along with spreading misinformation and inflammatory rhetoric clearly affects peoples' livelihoods). I said it because I felt it my duty to stand up against the thinly veiled hate you consistently post on here. Of course, you generally hide behind statements such as "it's not *my* opinion, I'm just sharing it," or other excuses. An initially slippery tactic, but also an eventually transparent one. If you could string two sentences together, maybe I would have bothered to debate you in a meaningful way. Instead, I am simply voicing my objection to your actions (I think it's unfortunate and perhaps telling that more don't do the same) and calling you on your BS. Here, you are trying to cry victim, which is equal parts typical and ridiculous.

haha

your kidding right!

please feel free to post any misinformation that I post.

My bet is that you and others will not be able to do so. prove me wrong.

Instead of rationally talking about a subject and contrasting your view points you'ed
rather resort to names and innuendo as your doing now.

On the other hand when Steve since you've mention him, relates almost every thing to race, even to the point
of using it as a from of argument nothing is said.

Um, you're asking a Black man in America. Think about that for a sec

I have and none started out the conversation with "as a black man " they all talked or addressed the point.

He like you tend to cut of any discussion of a point by use of a label, which is a well documented tactic.

Polished Muslim pundits in the West are fond of using the word 'bigot' to describe critics of Islam,
but they are rarely challenged on their own view of the Quran.
What does the book they claim to be the literal and eternal word of Allah really say about non-Muslims?

No one wants to get labeled it has the effect of stopping the conversation.

Now that I understand the tactics, im good ;) doesn't bother or affect me one way or the other.
For the most part I'll stay out of the echo chambers....

Unlike you he acknowledged what he does is ok, as its being done against someone who may not be as conversant or trained
in the art of debating. Apparently he feels he can justify it or not as it suites him.

I'm ok with that, now I know ;)

When I post I do so much as in reading an interactive news paper. or maybe talking to people about every day things
that happen, I must admit I dont move in black or white circles, maybe my expectations of decorum is misplaced here.

And your quite correct my writing skills are not good, which is why I tend to use things to make a point
rather then struggle with my own mud.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Steve James wrote:So, this is your view?

Prejudging an individual by their group identity (or presumed group identity) is not only unethical, it is blatantly irrational, since group identity reveals absolutely nothing about a person. Every individual should be judged only on the basis of their own words and deeds.

I think that's just what's happening, except all there are are words. Your group identity wasn't an issue. Your statements about a group (who always take over when they reach a certain number, etc) were criticized.

This is classic gas-lighting though. (Yeah, I know. It's me. I'm the one doing the gas-lighting. I've never said any of this).

So prove it wrong

It can be shown that for those who follow this faith that in almost every instance once a certain population threshold is met
the followers of this faith ie group of people act accordingly, according to the dictates of the teachings of the faith.
Doesn't make them good or bad.

I make no judgments as to good or bad, only note the predictable consequences which in my view would be expected.
Had it not been a religion it too would be viewed as much of the world views what is called Communism.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:16 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:55 pm

^^^ :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That