Trump Will be President

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Trump Will be President

Postby grzegorz on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Hard to believe but I have been following election closely and for one thing I am convinced that cable news networks want him to win because their ratings have never been higher and secondly he can do no wrong, no matter what he says or does or has done his popularity keeps going up. This is the same momentum almost all previous presidents had with the exception of W. but he was selected by the Supreme court.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Trump Will be President

Postby everything on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:11 pm

so your theory is based only on what's in it for the media?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Oh yeah, let's have more threads on this shit with catchy titles like this...

-blah- -punchballs- -faint- -argh-

-dighole-
Last edited by Dmitri on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:38 pm

everything wrote:so your theory is based only on what's in it for the media?

No.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Dmitri wrote:Oh yeah, let's have more threads on this shit with catchy titles like this...

-blah- -punchballs- -faint- -argh-

-dighole-

Yes.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Well, I'll tell ya'll what I tell my students every election: Never depend on a President to change your life for the better. It's always up to you." I told them before Obama's election, and I say the same thing now. That doesn't mean that they should not vote. Rather, it means that there will still be a struggle, no matter who wins. In fact, the problem is that they will actually be waiting for the government to save them.

Actually, I've been telling them that it will be much better for them if they prepare for a Trump presidency. If he loses, they'll still be better off, whether Hillary or someone else wins. Iow, prepare for the disaster; don't depend on good weather ;)
Last edited by Steve James on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:15 pm

How do we prepare for a Trump presidency? Some people have already cornered the market on castor oil and I don't look good in brown.

Oompa Loompa Snapchat filter?
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:28 pm

everything wrote:so your theory is based only on what's in it for the media?

Hard to put into words but I believe the us vs. them theme is strong right now. Basically Trump has captured more imaginations of Americans than Clinton can. Clinton, to me, is a typical politician and unfortunately hasn't really sparked the type of enthusiasm that Trump and Bernie did.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:57 pm

How to prepare? #1 No fear. #2 If you are lucky enough to have a job, keep working :) If you have a refrigerator, food to fill it, and an internet connection, keep 'em. Now, afaik, he hasn't threatened to drop an nukes on US cities. Sorry I can't say the same for Europe. Yeah, we can legitimately fear that, but if it happens it's better to do as much living as one can.

Well, put it like this, the uneducated and poor will remain uneducated and poor even if Trump is elected.

It's true that Hillary is not a particularly exciting candidate. And, the argument is that anything and everything she's done means that she's unfit for the job, but nothing Trump does makes him unfit. However, the question is whether her lack of popularity will make people not vote for her. Hey, I didn't vote for her. But, I was against the Iraq war, and I liked what Obama said and represented. I think Hillary would consolidate her support if she said that things that Obama did, not the slogans, but the idea that there was only one US.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the day before election day the polls say it's a tie.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Last edited by chud on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:38 pm

That's a good one. Haven't thought about that movie in ages.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:39 pm

I look at the "Trump" as a 3rd party candidate.
If he wins should be interesting to see what happens

If he wins, I wonder if he will continue to investigate HC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSvUwR ... e=youtu.be
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:09 pm

Shucks, he will investigate everyone he feels like; but, he won't release any of his own information.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:50 am

Many women can't stand other women's success, so they will vote against Hillary and do everything to demonize her.

And yes, media loves Trump and help him to create a spectacle out of his campaign. The only way to reach good figures on Hillary is to ride on the hate wave.

Things are not looking good. I wish Sanders could have hold on a little bit longer. Maybe he could have a chance to win over Hillary?
...At least, women won't feel threatened by him... And he would probably stand a better chance against Trump.

On the other hand, I believe that media make a bigger weirdo out of Trump than I personally believe he is. US will be "ok" regardless the outcome of the election.
...And at least we have had the most entertaining election yet. ;D
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:05 am

Exactly the media is after her. Now they are saying that they are transparency issues with her campaign because the world should have known she was ill. Yet in the meanwhile Trump won't release his taxes or explain how he'll get Mexico to pay for the wall and no one cares.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Next

Return to Been There Done That