Trump Will be President

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Trump Will be President

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Steve James wrote:
grzegorz wrote:How did we get here again?

It started with Bill and Monica. But, this is much more serious. Drumpf admits to forcing women to be romantic. Even if the evangelicals continue to support him, he's admitted to breaking the law. The evangelicals will say that he has asked for forgiveness and he should be forgiven. Yeah, ok, but these people have been reminding us about Bill's mistakes (20 years ago), and arguing that it makes Hillary unfit.

However, I have to admit that it's refreshingly honest. I.e., the pretenses are being dropped.

Yep and they say he is going to double down and continue to attack Hillary on her treatment of Bill's "partners."

Sure enough Trump is holding a press conference with these women.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Sure enough Trump is holding a press conference with these women.

Did they let him grab their pussies? I'll believe them then.

I'd also suggest that someone ask him whether he's said anything similar since 11 years ago, and about whom.

But, finally, it's all bullshit coming from any woman except the ones he referred to directly. I can understand Melania and Ivanka standing by him, even not minding that he thinks it's ok to call them pieces of ass. But, the other (married) women he tried to seduce, those are the ones to whom he should apologize and have on the stage with him.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Boy oh boy this debate's not starting well for him... :)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Bro, I really can't listen. Even with the mute on, I can't bear watching his little fingers.

Ok, someone just asked my question and he ducked it, meaning that sure he's said stuff like that ... just last week.
Last edited by Steve James on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:25 pm

This audience doesn't seem so undecided but I am not surprised.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we're going to hear anything about policy tonight.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Considering the media, he's doing ok.

Violating national security is a mistake?

The GOP is done no matter what happens....after this
wonder what the new party will be
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Every time I sneak a listen, it sounds like he's got a cold or on blow. He's also squirming around a lot, not that I wouldn't be. It's just a very methy look.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:49 pm

Steve James wrote:Every time I sneak a listen, it sounds like he's got a cold or on blow. He's also squirming around a lot, not that I wouldn't be. It's just a very methy look.

I agree he is sniffling a lot.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:04 pm

I was just listening to a question about the tax codes, and he led off with "to be honest." That's usually a tell.

He also can't stay still (no anchor point).

And, he can't really answer a question.
Last edited by Steve James on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Basically I see Trump as playing to his base. Yes, I can understand why his voters like him because he's fearless in debates but until the very end I don't think he did enough to expand his base unless someone already agrees with him on most issues that is. Saying that he was better prepared this time than last time.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:19 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 am

Sorta glad to hear Steve had probs watching this thing because it took me 4 days after downloading to watch the last one. I just can't endure it for more than a few minutes at a time, although I feel like I learned something about both candidates. Bernie for Prez and Clinton should be Secretary of the Interior (I think she's really confused about foreign policy, like literally twisted into Gordian Knots upstairs like), although we don't have that Interior Sec. the way other countries do. Give Trump an indefinite microphone and when he no longer has tens of millions listening, we'll know education in the USA finally made a major stride forward.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:31 am

Well, I would have liked to hear something about the environment other than "coal will last 1,000 years." I think that telling Black Americans "what have you got to lose" is a losing strategy with any of them who think. After all, things can always be worse. Take health care, for ex. But, I think the biggest laugh from the audience came when Trump said that he respects women. I think it's perverse to argue that the other guy 'is a bigger sex abuser than I am.' Though, he has unwittingly set a trap for himself.

Btw, the part when he said that if he's elected he's going to appoint a special prosecutor to indict Clinton simply reminded me that if he has the power of the NSA, CIA etc., he will go after all his political enemies. I think that was also a threat to those who do not support him. Of course, he's too mature to be vindictive with all that power; and he'd only use it against bad people, but still.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:38 am

It would almost be worth electing Trump if he prosecuted all living, high-level US officials. I'd just about vote for anyone who'd actually do that, but it's pie in the sky.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:53 am

If he said that he'd prosecute Bush and Cheney for invading Iraq and costing so many American, British and Iraqi lives, that'd be something. Rather, he'd prosecute Clinton --who wasn't in office-- and say that he was against the war. He won't say that Obama was against the war; he'll say that Obama caused the problems by leaving. And, I'm sure he'd be willing to go back to the birther thing. He'd be the most powerful single person in the world, no? He could end the world as easily as send a tweet. Of course, he's too level headed and has too many level headed people of high moral and intellectual standing around him. There's Rudy Giuliani, Chris Christie, Ben Carson, just to name a few. Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin have even asserted that God has chosen Trump. (Ok, ok, God made a mistake with Obama, they'd add. Oh well, nobody's infallible.)
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That