Trump Will be President

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Trump Will be President

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 pm

You seem to think that there is a significant disconnect between the EC and the voters. There is not, although in some states there potentially could be. If Trump had similar info being fed to the press pre-election, the outcome could very well have been different. That's all I was getting at.

As I said, it's easy enough to look up how and why the EC works as it does. This election, the rural vote was given more representative power than a person by person vote would have provided. That is why Clinton won the popular vote but not the EC.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 pm

windwalker wrote:
The way he spoke to CNN should scare the hell out of anyone with half a brain.

why?

I guess I should have thrown in "who isn't interested in living as a bootlicking toady in an authoritarian dystopia"

Your mind is made up, you support him, right or wrong, 100%, that is clear.

I lack the masochism or crayons to explain to you how his attempts to de-legitimize the press and suppress anyone who publishes anything critical of him undermine the very foundations of democracy and a free society.

You were on the right side of this election, congratulations. You are on the wrong side of history. Four years from now if forums like this are still legal and this forum still exists, I'll point to specific points like this and what is to come and hope that perhaps experience has taught you something.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:12 pm

oragami_itto wrote:
windwalker wrote:
The way he spoke to CNN should scare the hell out of anyone with half a brain.

why?

I guess I should have thrown in "who isn't interested in living as a bootlicking toady in an authoritarian dystopia"

Your mind is made up, you support him, right or wrong, 100%, that is clear.

I lack the masochism or crayons to explain to you how his attempts to de-legitimize the press and suppress anyone who publishes anything critical of him undermine the very foundations of democracy and a free society.

You were on the right side of this election, congratulations. You are on the wrong side of history. Four years from now if forums like this are still legal and this forum still exists, I'll point to specific points like this and what is to come and hope that perhaps experience has taught you something.

try again....get all your inner fears out.

Four years from now, if he's not good its another chance to elect someone who is, whats the point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFmOKqyWpE
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm

oragami_itto wrote:The way he spoke to CNN should scare the hell out of anyone with half a brain.

Holy Cow! It must be scary to peer into the murk of Chicken Little's crystal ball. No worries, though, Foxy-social justice-Loxy knows the way.

Puppies and play-doh and going full potato...
Last edited by BruceP on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 pm

It's an "if" but well within the realm of possibility.

"We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people." -- Donald Trump

http://www.recode.net/2016/12/12/13919952/net-neutrality-fcc-rosenworcel-trump-senate
Last edited by origami_itto on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:23 am

windwalker wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:You were on the right side of this election, congratulations. You are on the wrong side of history. Four years from now if forums like this are still legal and this forum still exists, I'll point to specific points like this and what is to come and hope that perhaps experience has taught you something.

Four years from now, if he's not good its another chance to elect someone who is, whats the point?

Wind claims that he did not vote for Trump.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 am

BruceP wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:The way he spoke to CNN should scare the hell out of anyone with half a brain.

Holy Cow! It must be scary to peer into the murk of Chicken Little's crystal ball. No worries, though, Foxy-social justice-Loxy knows the way.

Puppies and play-doh and going full potato...

So the Birther King should not have to address the public or presses concerns?

You have a lot more faith in the system than I do.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:05 am

Last night, Republicans:

blocked an amendment that would have protected people with pre-existing conditions
blocked an amendment that makes it easier for young people to stay on their parent’s plans until they are 26
blocked an amendment allowing contraception to be covered under health insurance
blocked an amendment protecting the expansion of Medicaid
blocked an amendment that would make it easier for children to be covered under Medicare/CHIP
blocked an amendment that would make it harder to keep veterans from getting coverage from the VA

Republicans Just Took Away These Six Obamacare Benefits

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/12/r ... -benefits/
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:13 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:41 am

Ukrainian officials assisted Clinton by publicly denigrating Trump’s fitness for office as well as pushing documents attempting to implicate Trump or his aides in corruption and by suggesting they were launching investigations into the purported allegations — only to stymie such investigations as the election neared — according to Politico’s January 11 article.http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -election/

I hope what they did, did not affect the outcome of the election.

Ukraine’s interference on Clinton’s behalf negatively affected the Trump campaign when accusations against Trump aide Paul Manafort helped cause him to quit the campaign, the online newser said.

“Politico’s investigation found evidence of Ukrainian government involvement in the race that appears to strain diplomatic protocol dictating that governments refrain from engaging in one another’s elections,” the news site wrote.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:52 am

The State Department paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in last year’s Israeli parliamentary elections, a congressional investigation concluded Tuesday.
Some $350,000 was sent to OneVoice, ostensibly to support the group’s efforts to back Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement negotiations.

But OneVoice used the money to build a voter database, train activists and hire a political consulting firm with ties to President Obama’s campaign — all of which set the stage for an anti-Netanyahu campaign, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said in a bipartisan staff report.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... netanyahu/

Wonder what Israel will do, maybe sanctions
A little different from "thinking" something was done, to knowing and having direct proof
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:44 am

:) Ever hear of a lover who, after swearing his fidelity, gets caught cheating? the first thing he says is, "Who are you going to believe? Me, or your lying eyes?" And, when his lover says, "My eyes," he says, "Meh, you do it too. Everybody does it."

What his or her partner wants to hear is "I'm sorry. I know it was wrong. Forgive me. I won't do it again." The partner might accept or reject. The lover might be sincere and keep the promise or not. They say "past action is the best predictor of future performance" --especially when it happens again and again.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:45 am

It’s not the point that everyone else does it. This is known and expected by the US.

Held a secret clearance while in the military.
We were constantly briefed on who the latest threats were, what to watch out for and what to do if we felt we had been compromised.

The threats included allies we were training on different land combat missiles systems ,
preventing them from knowing or understanding capabilities that their system did not have and future upgrades
to it that they would not receive.

The US has not upgraded its own cyber security to the level of its supposedly cyber offensive
abilities.

Stuxnet is a good example of this, now in the wild so to speak with many variations soon to come back home.

In some ways this is fortunate in that it prevents the US from thinking it's immune from its own escapades, unlike its military
operations were sound defensive abilities can equal life or death. Or the use of drones that allow it to conduct operations that it might not otherwise undertake. So far no one has developed drones that hunt down and kill other drones,
so far ;)

They do and can catch them....just a matter of time....
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:54 am

So, you have experience in intelligence, but you say don't trust CIA intelligence. Okay. That makes sense.
You worked on computer systems, and don't agree with the FBI conclusions about computer intrusions.
And, since there were attempts at intrusions or interference by Russians (government or ngo), it's no big deal since we do it anyway.

In fact, we are worse than the Russians who hacked us. Actually, I've agreed with that since the 60s. Except, back then, it'd get you blacklisted as a commie Red. In fact, when someone is called a "leftist," it goes back to the old cold war mentality. But now, it's patriotic to believe Russian intelligence above our own. Not only that, but when Russia is accused of doing something, it's defended on the basis of how bad we are. Hey, I remember why we have Guantanamo Bay, and it has everything to do with Russia.

My point is that it's fine for experts like you to come to conclusions. A president has a responsibility to be as sure as he or she can be Before he states his opinion. It just makes him look incompetent. (Here interject tangential Breitbart article and Youtube videos about Obama's incompetence. It's like Bill Clinton's sexual harassment. "He's way worse than me.").
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:27 am

grzegorz wrote:
windwalker wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:You were on the right side of this election, congratulations. You are on the wrong side of history. Four years from now if forums like this are still legal and this forum still exists, I'll point to specific points like this and what is to come and hope that perhaps experience has taught you something.

Wind claims that he did not vote for Trump.

To the best of my knowledge, Mr Walker isn't currently a US resident.
But he's a hell of a Team Trump cheerleader

I've got a British friend living in the UK, that is just as adamant
Last edited by origami_itto on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
origami_itto
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That