Is Obama a 'natural born' US citizen? (part 2)

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Is Obama a 'natural born' US citizen? (part 2)

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:55 am

No, not that at all.
However, it is suspicious that it doesn't get validation from any of the world press. Not just mainstream america press, but world press won't have anything to do with the story it seems.

Check out BBC, Reuters, CBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC, NOTW, etc etc etc.
It is only these fringe conspiracy theorist, jew baiting hate sites that have this stuff.

So, yeah, I'll get my news from the crazy guy on the corner? lol
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:01 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:No, not that at all.
However, it is suspicious that it doesn't get validation from any of the world press. Not just mainstream america press, but world press won't have anything to do with the story it seems.

Check out BBC, Reuters, CBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC, NOTW, etc etc etc.
It is only these fringe conspiracy theorist, jew baiting hate sites that have this stuff.

So, yeah, I'll get my news from the crazy guy on the corner? lol

But if the crazy conspiracy theorists are right then of course the mainstream media wouldn't validate the stories.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Buddy on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:27 am

"However, it is suspicious that it doesn't get validation from any of the world press. Not just mainstream america press, but world press won't have anything to do with the story it seems."

The world press? Please. You really think this makes any difference. I'm not giving any credence to the story but give me a break. The media is not to be trusted. It's not like there is any impartiality anymore. The "world" press is just like the US press...a liberal front.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:16 pm

Darth, it's on topic and factual information relevant to this thread. HTFU :D
Last edited by Michael on Mon May 28, 2018 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:23 am

nah, rense is shit. peppered with a decent story here and there. but mostly shit. lol
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Walter Joyce on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:47 am

Michael wrote:Yeah, just to clarify, I didn't take any offense at Darth's comment and I understand what he's saying. My comments about Obama are all very specific and mostly about his policies and political choices, which have gone almost completely unanswered here for months.

Maybe we are waiting for Obama to actually take office and start to govern before we judge the wisdom of his policy and political choices. It took at least 8 years to get into this mess (maybe even 16 if you believe some of Clinton's policies added to the financial crisis.

Let Obama hold office for at least 6 months to a year before you start judging the wisdom, or lack thereof, of his policy and political choices.

I'll just say it, Michael. To my way of thinking at least there has been at least a hint of the boy who cried wolf to your political analysis. As was pointed out, you tend to gravitate towards sensationalist and fringe sources for some of your arguments.

As for SCOTUS and the suits, my take is that given the seriousness of the allegations (note I did not say the credibility of the allegations) in a Constitutional sense, there has to be some deference given to the petitions filed. If SCOTUS was leaning towards actually hearing the case on the merits I think they would have taken a more decisive stance by now.
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:15 am

well, give him 100 days at least.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 pm

I see no need to wait for discussion or analysis until after Obama is inaugurated. The political machine has been rolling since he began taking what ended up as $2 BILLION from mostly Wall Street Bankers during his campaign, continued to roll as he and his future Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel championed the banker payoff bill, and rolls on while he makes more "change" with choices like Hillary for Sec. of State, letting Gates continue as Sec. of Defense, letting Hayden continue as Dir. of CIA. Don't see much change here or in his other appointments, or in his stated policies: continued war in Iraq (at least three more years), escalation in Afghanistan, and new war in Pakistan. It's all been happening, is happening, and will continue to happen so why sit around waiting for half time?

Also, none of you have responded to Obama, Biden, Brown, Powell, Merkel, Chertoff, Sarkozy and many other top US and world leaders saying immediately after he was elected that Obama would be tested soon after he took office and would be forced to make extremely unpopular policy decisions. Powell said it would happen on either Jan. 21 or 22 but said he didn't know what "it" was, which is absurd. They are predicting the future now to anul all Obama's campaign change promises, so again, why wait to comment?
Michael

Postby chud on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Good points Michael.
chud
Great Old One

Postby chud on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:33 am

Will 'truth about Obama' be sold on eBay?

Bids soar past $15,000 for alleged proof of president's Kenyan birth

Posted: June 29, 2009
5:37 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Four times an eBay auction page listing an allegedly genuine copy of Barack Obama's birth certificate – from Mombasa, Kenya – was scrubbed from the popular Internet site, presumably for violating eBay's policy prohibiting the sale of government documents.

But now a fifth posting promising "the truth" about Obama's birth, this time in the form of a written dissertation – sidestepping the restriction against auctioning government documents – has remained on the site for hours; and the top bid has skyrocketed past $15,000.

As WND reported, the eBay seller, known to the public only as "colmado_naranja," alleged that he obtained President Obama's birth certificate while traveling in Africa. He explained that the Kenyan natives boasted that Barack Obama II was born in the Coast Provincial Hospital in Mombasa at 7:24 p.m. on Aug. 4, 1961, which correlates with speculation that has existed over President Obama's birthplace since even prior to his election.

In each of the seller's first four attempts at auctioning the "evidence" of his claim, which would presumably render Barack Obama ineligible to serve as president for violating the "natural born citizen" clause, colmado_naranja mentioned an alleged Kenyan birth certificate that "proved" his story.

In this latest and thus far most successful attempt at auctioning "the truth about Obama," the seller does not even mention the birth certificate, though his suggestion that the purchaser bring an expert to verify the "supporting evidence" allows potential buyers to reach their own conclusion:

"Feel free to bring along with you a forensic examiner to authenticate my dissertation," states the seller's latest auction page. "You may refuse payment should you find that my dissertation is without merit. Upon request (during in-person viewing of dissertation) all supporting evidence will be made available to you."

While WND has made repeated contacts with colmado_naranja, the validity of his claims – as well as the previously advertised "Kenyan birth certificate" – remain a mystery, for the seller has refused to allow the document to be seen or photographed.

In the original listing, colmado_naranja explained, "I am not posting any photos of the birth certificate here on eBay. I have not seen this birth certificate anywhere on the Internet, to post it here on eBay would lead to a flood of facsimiles on the Internet. This would inadvertently decrease the value of the certificate as well."

At least one investigator, who has traveled to Africa and sought the birth certificate from the very same hospital, however, told WND he remains "skeptical" of the eBay auction's claims.

WND's senior staff writer, Jerome Corsi, traveled to Kenya in 2008 to look into Obama's past and remaining ties to the nation.

While there, however, immigration authorities detained Corsi and his publicist – holding them under armed guard and without food – to prevent Corsi from holding a news conference revealing what he had discovered, eventually requiring thousands of dollars in bribes to set the writer free.

Corsi told WND that despite contacts in government offices, the help of others and even the offer of financial reward, the Coast Provincial Hospital in Mombasa would not confirm Obama's birth there nor provide access to records.

"When I was there, I tried to get records from that hospital, but I couldn't do it," Corsi said. "The hospital either had no records or wouldn't release them.

"That's what makes me skeptical," Corsi continued. "How did [colmado_naranja] get the birth certificate, if it's real?"

Corsi wouldn't rule out the possibility that the eBay seller may have somehow obtained a genuine document, but stated only that his efforts in Kenya proved fruitless.

WND has continued to attempt to contact the seller through several channels, but thus far, examining the document colmado_naranja claims to hold has proven as difficult as examining the records at the Coast Provincial Hospital.

Obama's eligibility questions

President Obama's place of birth, however, remains only one of several questions and possible avenues for answers that remain in determining whether or not Obama is a "natural born citizen" under the U.S. Constitution and eligible to serve as president.

WND has reported on dozens of legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Some of the lawsuits question whether he was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.

Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.

Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums estimated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid releasing a state birth certificate that would put to rest all of the questions.

WND has reported that among the documentation not yet available for Obama includes his kindergarten records, his Punahou school records, his Occidental College records, his Columbia University records, his Columbia thesis, his Harvard Law School records, his Harvard Law Review articles, his scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, his passport, his medical records, his files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records, and his adoption records.

Picture of auction (now closed), and rest of article: here
chud
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 am

Was George Bush vetted in this fashion?
was his birth cert demanded? his school records at all levels etc etc?

the whole thing just stinks of nonsense.

I don't think Obama is obligated to stoop down to this shit.
Do you think the pentagon will hand that suitcase with the button to just anyone?
Do you not think the federal government has a record of exactly who Obama is and how he came to power?

Is your electoral process so weak and stupid to not be able to cover these items?
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby chud on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:51 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Was George Bush vetted in this fashion?
was his birth cert demanded? his school records at all levels etc etc?

Bush released all of his records. It was never an issue.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:52 am

Not to mention, this is coming from fuckin worldnetdaily! the same people who brought you batboy, mutant babies from the moon, moon angels, alien interviews, and so on.

The ability to communicate is so easy these days, the argument about Obama's birth certificate is nonsense.
How can no one step forward with absolute proof that it was wrong BEFORE he was elected? How can he campaign for almost 2 years without this issue? How can he get inaugurated.

desperate bleating of stupid people from where I sit. lol
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby chud on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:01 am

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:The ability to communicate is so easy these days, the argument about Obama's birth certificate is nonsense.

I agree, he should just provide the birth certificate (and his school records while he's at it) and put this matter to rest.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 am

why? and what makes anyone think he hasn't provided these things to the electoral college already?

Has any President ever been asked to publicly display these documents?

The fact of the mater is that he would have been rendered ineligible long ago before he even started his campaign if he didn't meet the criteria to be president. So, his people or he, must have already submitted the required materials to be vetted and he doesn't have to run around at the stupid whims of blustering fucktits everytime they make some lame ass demand of him.

So he lays this to rest and then what? What demands come after that?

He's the freaking POTUS!

The only ones promoting this stuff is a rag tabloid with exactly zero journalistic credibility.

Who do you take the word of? The electoral system or world net daily? and if it's world net daily, why wasn't there a recount when W stole the presidency not once, but twice!?
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That