Suggestion

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Suggestion

Postby phil b on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Given the mass hysteria seen here since the presidential election, perhaps this board should be known as the trump soaked fist.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Re: Suggestion

Postby klonk on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:34 pm

When the followers of the leftist fist understand how they are being played, it may become known as the chump soaked fist.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1565322257 ... mmigration

Last edited by klonk on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:58 pm

klonk wrote:When the followers of the leftist fist understand how they are being played, it may become known as the chump soaked fist.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1565322257 ... mmigration

President Obama’s approach was to give a free pass to Islam in general and to any Muslims that were just minding their own business. But the unintended consequence is that Muslims have less incentive to police their own ranks.

Trump changed that. Now if you want to stay out of the fight against terrorism it will cost you.

yep,,, ;)
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Patrick on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:58 am

Thankfully there is not much need for a "leftist" media. What Trump himself says and does is enough.
"
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:18 am

Oh yeah baby, yet another thread about Trump/politics. Just what the doctor ordered... :-X
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:29 am

Martial arts is about action, and learning when and where proper action is required, that's all this forum need know or say about politics.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:01 am

Why is Trump being raised in this forum? Doesn't it promote exactly what it laments?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby phil b on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Steve James wrote:Why is Trump being raised in this forum? Doesn't it promote exactly what it laments?

I put it here deliberately to emphasize the issue. RSF has gone to shit. It's being used as a political ranting forum and a tacky advertising board for people's books and YouTube channels.

This used to be an interesting place. The Trump nonsense is another nail in the coffin.

Cue random fortune cookie dribble...
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:21 pm

I put it here deliberately to emphasize the issue.

Putting it here doesn't make it better. There are plenty of people who post in this section who don't post anything political at all. As it is, this is your own political ranting, which is fine; I just think it belongs where others are ranting. Here, we rant about empty force, lkj, and allergies to push.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby xxxxx on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:17 am

Good point. Moved.

Keep non-IMA topics out of the main forum.
Last edited by xxxxx on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxx
Global Moderator

Postby RobP3 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:10 am

Here's a suggestion - post something interesting
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:05 am

but...
jimmy
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:49 am

Dmitri wrote:Oh yeah baby, yet another thread about Trump/politics. Just what the doctor ordered... :-X

me thinkin` the same
we have to much too much trumping about Trump here
he need separate forum or two, maybe even more, `cause his ass may not fit easy in the one...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:36 am

When the followers of the leftist fist understand how they are being played

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Laughing? Aren't we great yet? No matter, it's a united state of denial. See no evil; hear no evil; speak no evil. Don't pay attention. Nothing to see here. If you do, you're the problem. C'mon, whatever happens, everybody does it. No big thing.

Anyway, one solution would be to talk about all the good things that are happening. For example, healthcare. If Russia is so good, why don't we just adopt their health care plan (and premise}: i.e. "Healthcare in Russia is provided by the state through the Federal Compulsory Medical Insurance Fund, and regulated through the Ministry of Health.[1] The Constitution of the Russian Federation has provided all citizens the right to free healthcare since 1996."
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Been There Done That