Suggestion

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Suggestion

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:58 pm

"I would not be a president who took vacations," promised Trump in 2015.

Trump has now taken off 53 days compared to Obama's 15 in the same period.

Almost all of his vacations have been to Trump properties, putting money in his own pocket. The Secret Service has spent tens of thousands at Trump properties on golf carts alone!

Comments at the beginning of WH press conference. (Btw, I have to say that I'm glad to see Kelly get the job. However, I'm really bummed out that the Mooch is out. Shucks).

“The reality is that if you just use common sense — and, yes, I will use common sense,” Miller said, “the reason why some companies want to bring in more unskilled labor is because they know that it drives down wages and reduces labor costs. Our question as a government is, to whom is our duty? Our duty is to U.S. citizens and U.S. workers, to promote rising wages for them.”

That raised an obvious question, which other reporters subsequently jumped on: Why do Trump’s private businesses continue to seek visas allowing them to hire immigrants for low-wage jobs?

“I’ll just refer everyone here today back to the president’s comments during the primary, when this was raised in a debate,” Miller replied, “and he said, ‘My job as a businessman is to follow the laws of the United States. And my job as president is to create an immigration system that works for American workers.’”

It’s just common sense.

Trump said recently that he received a phone call from Mexican President Enrique Pe a Nieto praising his policies cracking down on illegal immigration into the U.S. The president also said the leader of the Boy Scouts of America called him to say he gave "the greatest speech" the organization ever heard at its national gathering last week. But both leaders have denied calling the president to praise him.

"Why did the president say that he received a phone call from the leader of the Boy Scouts and the president of Mexico when he did not?" a reporter asked press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. "Did he lie?"

Sanders said that Trump misspoke on both counts - that he did not receive phone calls but rather had personal conversations with the leaders.

In regards to Mexico, Sanders said Trump was a referring to a personal conversation from last month's G-20 summit.

On the Boy Scouts, Sanders said Trump did not hear from the president directly, but rather that he had heard from "multiple members of Boy Scout leadership" who offered him "quite powerful compliments."

"So he lied," the reporter shot back.

"It wasn't a lie, that's a pretty bold accusation," Sanders responded. "The conversations took place. They just simply didn't take place over a phone call. He had them in person."

Not a lie, just not true. It's the opposite of "fake." I.e., being fake has nothing to do with with truth. Used to be that a statement was either true or false or undetermined. A half truth is a lie.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That